test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PICARD and "Short Treks" season 2 Comic Con tailers

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Just saw an extended version of the trailer, you see Spiner's face, and he looks like he is doing the B4 face.

That's actually at the end of the trailer posted in the OP.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlY516VbHBY
    So confirmation the plot involves Lib Borg, and Hugh!?!?!?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    Just saw an extended version of the trailer, you see Spiner's face, and he looks like he is doing the B4 face.

His "I can see that, Captain" is very Data, lack's B4's wonderment and confusion at his surroundings.

Although I'd expect Data to refer to Picard as 'Ambassador' or by name instead of 'Captain' if he's left Starfleet.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    I had no idea "Short Treks" was a thing. That trailer makes the shorts look more interesting than "Discovery" itself.

Spock's daughter, half romulan, calling it now. She feels safe with Picard because he melded with her father and grandfather. Also, Holy TRIBBLE Seven!

I'm hoping for Lal.

djf021 wrote: »
    I have a question- It's well known that Brent Spiner previously said he felt he was getting too old to pull off Data anymore. But in the trailer he didn't seem to look too much older.

Is this CGI de-aging at play, you think?
    Or just the miracle of modern makeup?
    Or, maybe Spiner has actually aged better than he thought he would?

He actually does look older to me. I recall Data's face being thinner in the series. I think they just caked a ton of makeup on him.

I think that card game might take place in the Holodeck.

Lastly, Vulcan samurai or Romulan samurai?
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @saurializard said:
    > Well, I can see another STO game-changer in the video: Seven dropped the catsuits.
    >
    > Your move, STO team.

Don't you dare, I love the cat suit.
    Where is the expanded version of the trailer I can't find it?
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > lordgyor wrote: »
    >
    > Where is the expanded version of the trailer I can't find it?
    >
    >
    >
    > The only "expanded" version of the trailer I've seen/been linked to is just the trailer we just saw, with the original trailer from awhile back shoddily taped onto the end.

Oh disappointing
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Lastly, Vulcan samurai or Romulan samurai?
    Romulans feel more like they'd have Ninjas...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    They did 4 Short Treks already, all but 1 tied directly into the plot of season 2. How are you not aware of them?

Because I don't follow "Discovery". I have no idea what happened in Season 2, and I've only seen the beginning of Season 1.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
    My first thought was that mystery girl was Lal 2.0, but Midnight's Edge had the idea that she is actually Picard/Loctus & the Borg Queens Daughter, which better explains why people fear her then her being Lal 2.0

Really the trailer made me lot more excited for STP then I was. Btw what acorynm are we using for Star Trek Picard? STP, PIC, P?
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    If it follows the usual pattern it would probably be "PIC".
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @phoenixc#0738 said:
    > If it follows the usual pattern it would probably be "PIC".

The official one would be PCD. But that sounds a lot like PCP.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • stoyozstoyoz Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Are those brownish, large-winged ships maybe Romulan?
    edited July 2019
    > @markhawkman said:
    > frtoaster wrote: »
    >
    > Lastly, Vulcan samurai or Romulan samurai?
    >
    >
    >
    > Romulans feel more like they'd have Ninjas...

That one Romulan looks like he wondered off the set of Lord of the Rings by accident. I'm just waiting for him to call Picard, Captain Gandalf.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    lordgyor wrote: »
    My first thought was that mystery girl was Lal 2.0, but Midnight's Edge had the idea that she is actually Picard/Loctus & the Borg Queens Daughter, which better explains why people fear her then her being Lal 2.0

So it's confirmed to not be Picard's daughter then. Bloody Midnight's Edge, why do people even bother.
    lordgyor wrote: »
    Really the trailer made me lot more excited for STP then I was. Btw what acorynm are we using for Star Trek Picard? STP, PIC, P?

Going by CBS' VGR and DSC it'll be PRD. Going by MA's VOY and DIS it'll be PIC. Going by edgelord morons it'll be ST:P because they forget what franchise they're hating if they don't put the 'ST' in there.

I have really mixed feeling about this. On one hand it's Sir Patrick Stewart so I'll watch it regardless (except the emoji film) and it seems to be dealing with Romulans heavily so I'll watch for them. On the other hand I really don't care about Borg. I get you can get a well plotted and written story from the future scenes of 09 mixed with the Borg fallout from TNG and VGR and getting tNG/VGR character crossovers makes sense, and they do tie into the Romulans, but it's just not really interesting to me.
    Same with Robot the Sidekick. I never cared for him in TNG or when he died in NEM, I get it'd affected Picard but it doesn't affect me.

I'll obviously still watch it and it's especially nice to see Seven (one of the only redeeming features of VGR) not dressed like T'Pol, but I'm sure I'd have to pick up a lot more interest in the Borg to fully appreciate it.

Also, are all the Romulans ridgeless again? If so, why? Just have a mix and throw some ridged Vulcans in as well.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,267 Arc User
    skhc wrote: »
    her voice changed MASSIVELY in 5 years​​

I haven't seen a whole lot of Jeri outside of Voyager so idk what her natural accent and inflection is, but it seems that she's just playing Seven completely differently and in a 'more human' way (when would Seven ever have said "what the hell" in Voyager?) which considering how far she developed in 4 years in Voyager and it has now been 20+ years in universe, is sort of logical.

People's voices change as they get older. Take Janeway for instance; after she was jailed for war crimes, her voice took on a (very poor) Russian accent that was barely coherent.