test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback on the Gamma Quadrant Episodes

The story was not as bad as I thought it would be but once again your response were generic pro Federation. This is why I can no longer stomach a Fed toon. Everything has to be about them. Now I do not ask for much just a small change going forward. When it comes to KDF players and KDF aligned players they be given Klingon responses instead of the boring predictable fed responses on shared episodes.

Ill give you some examples, though this one is from the discovery chain. Enemy ships fail to make it to our universe so what do I do, I beam the survivors aboard for medical treatment? Try no we conquer and kill the enemies of the empire, we do not treat them by giving them medical treatment. At the end of the gamma quadrant episodes. Yes we klingons are going be peace keepers between the hurq and the dominion. Ernt wrong again they are broken, they are ripe for conquest. Then you completely destroyed the Jems. Free to do as they will? No more drug? In case you missed this the drugs, serving the founders, and fighting for the Dominion was way more then control. The Jem'hadar lived for that it had become there culture identity. So what do you do you wipe it out and make it Fed.

Before someone says I am asking for too much. The Feds now have two side arcs, one it tos, and one discovery. The KDF has none. If you cant expend the resources fine, but stop giving the KDF fed responses on these shared episodes. I know this one is way too much to ask, but I have a burning desire to get back to killing feds, especially after I see this sort of thing in episodes.

Comments

• bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    At the least, a Dominion faction comparable to the RR would have been better. tl;dr "we're not as mean as we were, but we can still mess you up".

UFP/KE/RR dialogue where appropriate (and Dominion dialogue after the DSC arc) would be welcome.

I've too many complaints about ViL (so far) to count.

Dont get me started on the elusive Cardassian faction :'(
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • gaalomgaalom Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    I here you like I said I am not reaching for the moon, but at least get the dialog and response faction specific. Right now they got klingons acting like a bunch humans. As for the cardis you know its going to be another sub faction because they could never afford to do a full blown one, and even if they did manage it, Romulans, and KDF would go berserk with rage. If they do the cardis as a sub faction, I just hope they do not allow them to join the KDF. The KDF is looking more and more like the fed these days, which really ruins the game.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    The faction-customized dialog would be good (and in fact there have been other threads asking for it) but that problem is common across the game, not just gamma. Apparently the little customized dialog they do have is rather kludgy and would take a lot of extra time and effort to implement widely.

The biggest problem with gamma is that it is all a one-trick pony. Instead of a lot of separate but thematically interrelated missions it is almost all one narrowly focused story broken up into serial episodes (or at least that is what it feels like). It does not help that there is only one TFO and the goofy, overly spread out battlezone trying to take up the slack for the lack of a real faction and fully functional quadrant map either.

To make gamma anything but a joke would probably take more time and resources than Cryptic could put into it right now though. It is kind of a shame since Gamma is pretty much wide open as far as creativity is concerned, and there are a lot of loose ends from the early DS9 freak culture of the week format to build on.

Building the Dominion into at least a Romulan Republic like demifaction would be essential to that. The current "faction" is little more than a fancier than usual race unlock and there are a lot of things the Jem'Hadar (who were shown to be little more than short-lived meat-battledroids in the show) simply cannot do realistically. They would have to add at least the Vorta and "alien" in as normal leveling player character races (as meat-droids the JH are fine as endgame-only toons) and should at leas try to populate the Gamma map with some regular worlds though it would also work basing them on DS9 and just sending missions through the wormhole (just not as well as populating Gamma would be).
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The Dominion mission givers could be on Empersa, with a faction exclusive command center and an open adventure zone, and a minigame mission. You know, like the other subfaction that needed a helping hand after a self-made disaster played itself out?

That, and how annoying the "wingmen" are.

..but they're on the DSC train for the moment, so only tiny drips of purple for the moment

Post edited by bltrrn on
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png