og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    I'm gonna say ... future Borg Queen.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • skhcskhc Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    So I've been trying not to get hyped for Picard and that trailer's completely stomped my efforts into nothing. Hit you with Seven near the end, and then Data 20 seconds later. I know it was rumoured to the point of nearly being confirmed, but I thought he might appear near the end of the series, not in the trailer.
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I'm gonna say ... future Borg Queen.

My initial thoughts too, but Azrael's theory is also sound.

Btw, the video isn't available in my country. Anyone else having that problem, try this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhBBXHwEsIo

edited July 2019
    "This facility has gone 5843 days without an assimilation".

Hmm.. Romulans messing with Borg tech?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    sounds like a reference to The Vault

also...either they couldn't get jeri ryan, or her voice changed MASSIVELY in 5 years

double also...oh dear, tribbles - and i feel bad for the one that got eaten​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    skhc wrote: »
    "This facility has gone 5843 days without an assimilation".

Hmm.. Romulans messing with Borg tech?

That's 16 years, which would mean the last assimilation was 1 year before Nemesis right?
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    Well, I can see another STO game-changer in the video: Seven dropped the catsuits.

Your move, STO team.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Seven dropped the catsuits.

Makes sense to me, but I wonder how many people will complain about this, lol. Seems like any time a fictional character's appearance becomes less sexualized people start complaining about "censorship" and other nonsense.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Oh my god, not only is Data coming back, not only is Seven coming, Hugh is coming back!

https://trekmovie.com/2019/07/20/comic-con-2019-star-trek-picard-official-trailer-plus-cast-and-writers-speak/

I may have to re-evaluate that "new Borg Queen" theory.

Riker and Troi too. Not in the trailer but confirmed in the panel.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Surprise guest stars Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), Brent Spiner (Data/B4), and Jonathan Del Arco (Hugh the Borg) were brought up on stage after the trailer revealed their involvement. Showrunner Michael Chabon also revealed during the panel that Jonthan Frakes (Riker) and Marina Sirtis (Troi) will appear during the season.

https://trekmovie.com/2019/07/20/comic-con-2019-star-trek-picard-official-trailer-plus-cast-and-writers-speak/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    34c34ed6eab3719de77e3c0e57a91b90.jpg
    This was me after watching the Picard Trailer.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
    didn't unimatrix zero already do that?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    her voice changed MASSIVELY in 5 years​​

I haven't seen a whole lot of Jeri outside of Voyager so idk what her natural accent and inflection is, but it seems that she's just playing Seven completely differently and in a 'more human' way (when would Seven ever have said "what the hell" in Voyager?) which considering how far she developed in 4 years in Voyager and it has now been 20+ years in universe, is sort of logical.

• djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I have a question- It's well known that Brent Spiner previously said he felt he was getting too old to pull off Data anymore. But in the trailer he didn't seem to look too much older.

Is this CGI de-aging at play, you think?
    Or just the miracle of modern makeup?
    Or, maybe Spiner has actually aged better than he thought he would?
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
    so...i guess picard rebuilt the vineyard after it burned down in generations - wonder if it's still in france, or if he relocated it elsewhere​​

#LegalizeAwoo