test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Warship problems Starship Trait and Console.

doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
The console from the Federation Ship turns into Plasma Damage when on a Romulan Character which is nonsense cause that way he can't get the bonus phaser damage. Also Federation Warship Starhip trait can't be claimed by Klingons and visa versa. I couldn't find the the trait in the dillithium store where i can claim opposite faction traits if they are not available to the own faction. Of course the could be intended but then I have to ask myself why I bought the bundle.
C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.

Comments

• sudonamisudonami Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    I have seen this as well. I would also like to add that the Jem'Hadar ship cannot equip the Dominion coordination protocol or command interface consoles
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    Hello, currently the traits/ consoles will adapt to your faction:
    Klingon : disruptor
    Fed: Phaser
    Romulan: Plasma
    Jem'hadar: Polaron

At this time there is no way to get the damage types for the other factions that are not that characters faction.

It is also a known issue that the Jem'hadar ship is unable to use Jem'hadar consoles.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User

At this time there is no way to get the damage types for the other factions that are not that characters faction.

It is also a known issue that the Jem'hadar ship is unable to use Jem'hadar consoles.

Would have been great to inform us about it before we bought it. Cause in that case I would have maybe bought one ship and not the bundle. You are forcing me in order to take advantage of what i bought to use weapons i don't want to use. Never has that been done in the past so why now and why without letting us know?

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
    Oh and by the way Casual Reversion doesn't work with the space trait either.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User

Would have been great to inform us about it before we bought it. Cause in that case I would have maybe bought one ship and not the bundle. You are forcing me in order to take advantage of what i bought to use weapons i don't want to use. Never has that been done in the past so why now and why without letting us know?

I thought this was in the blog.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    It was.

Edit: To be more helpful, here is the blog. The following paragraph describes this behavior:

"Additionally, the traits and consoles from these ships adjust slightly to theme to your faction! All starships come with the same console, but the passive boost will change which energy type it boosts. For Starship Traits, the both the name and the damage type affected will change. In both cases, Dominion captains will be getting a boost to Polaron weaponry, Romulan captains to Plasma weaponry, Klingon captains to Disruptor weaponry, and Starfleet captains to Phaser weaponry, as fits their signature weapons."
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    That is true i must have been blind not to see that. However it makes no freaking sense cause i could have bought 1 ship and get the console on and trait on all my toons, so why make a bundle when i can claim lets say the romulan ship on every character and the consoles and stuff turns into the faction on where i claim it. It was a friggin waste of 6400 zen. Cause i m sorry to say the ships itself are unfortunately like most c-store ships, medioca at best.