test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors

1495051525355»

Comments

• foolishowlfoolishowl Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I really can't seem to get the glowy purple bits.
  • chance74chance74 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Anybody seen the new Odyssey guard uniforms that some NPCs are wearing that have Khan pants with department colored side stripes?

Pretty sharp. I wish there were presets for those.

As well as the white odyssey doctor uniform.

Wonder if anybody plans to add that to the STO Wiki?
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    These are all going to need a revamp, thanks to most everything getting the full color palette.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It would be nice if the artist who released the Oddy template for colors would just do them for all the uniforms and put them up on the wiki
  • snjester01snjester01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just checking if anyone's got the colour palette for the intel uniforms ?
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I have the default outfits the boffs in the Delta pack come with saved, if you want those values. I doubt there's a "canon" set of colors for the intel uniform, considering every character wearing it has different coloration.
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    This needs massive work done, since they pretty much opened the palette on uniforms.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wonder why the EMH MkI wears the Odyssey Science variant instead of the Medical white Odyssey variant.
    I have the default outfits the boffs in the Delta pack come with saved, if you want those values. I doubt there's a "canon" set of colors for the intel uniform, considering every character wearing it has different coloration.
    Define "canon".

I'm sure that each of the Delta pack's Intel BOFFs are considered "canon" to an extent, and I'm also pretty confident that every uniform has a "standard" or "default" configuration in-universe. It's just a matter of devs minding those details. I mean, after T3 ships like the Excelsior or the Constellation came out in-universe, it'd be logical to assume that the Connie got a "T2-U". But because it doesn't fit the narrative of the game, as in, there's no reason to fly such a variant in the long run at the time frame the game takes place in, ships like that are omitted. The standard configurations for some uniforms could fit into the same omission logic.
  • stultus1980stultus1980 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Hi :)

I noticed that the colour guides that come up in a Google search no longer match the colour block layout in game. Can anyone post one for the standard Voyager uniforms (command/ops/sci) with the letter/number references? I'm colour blind and trying to get it right is driving me nuts!

Thanks.
  • tomgorgastomgorgas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is probably the wrong spot for this, and if it is, I apologize. I recently went Life membership, and I can't seem to find the Veteran uniforms for Starfleet. I went to just about every tailor, and they don't seem to have them. My Klingon and Romulans toons have them, it's just the Feds that don't. Perhaps I'll level the Feds up a bit.
  • skywhaleexpressskywhaleexpress Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What would folks say the Enterprise B (Generations) bridge would be most closely represented by? Thanks.
  • gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    What would folks say the Enterprise B (Generations) bridge would be most closely represented by? Thanks.

Since Ent-B was a redress of Ent-A with TNG-era consoles, as bland as it is, the closest bridges available to on-screen appearance would be one of the Basic bridges (Standard or Sleek fit better; Utility and Future don't have any hand-rails), even then it's a stretch.

Other possibilities you could use, that are slightly less bland would be the Gamma Bridge (from the C-Store Miranda bridge pack). It's basically a Standard bridge with a few more consoles. There is also the Prometheus Bridge pack which features a TOS-movie-era-esque circular layout. Blaze and Atlas have hand-rails, Pandora and Caucusus have consoles, circling the Captain/Helm area.

My personal "best fit" choices" would be "Blaze" if you want to spend the Zen, or "Standard" if you want the freebie.
    newstosiggy.png
  • rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    Hello. Found this while trying to figure out the actual canon uniforms for my toons and noticed that there are no Rom uniform color schemes and that none of the links work anymore...
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Well. It is archived from 2010. Last edited almost a year ago. A heck of a reference topic for quite a while. Perhaps it's time for fresh spin by another who would organize something similar from scratch? Since we do have broader pallets now than we did at that time.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • rllaillieurllaillieu Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    psiameese wrote: »
    Well. It is archived from 2010. Last edited almost a year ago. A heck of a reference topic for quite a while. Perhaps it's time for fresh spin by another who would organize something similar from scratch? Since we do have broader pallets now than we did at that time.

You make an excellent point.
    edited May 2016
    I'm super-late, but there are Romulan color guides on the wiki:

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Guide:_Uniform_colors

Sadly I forgot to source who originally documented the Romulan Republic and Tal Shiar colors, but I wrote the TOS guide, along with color matching the new low-rank brown Republic uniform and Jarok's greenish uniform.

Additionally, I just finished the new Terran Empire uniform guide, which I made a discussion thread for here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1215261/guide-terran-empire-uniforms
    Any word yet on the Dyson uniforms ?
    I made an updated Male and all new Female color guides for the 23rd Century Klingon uniforms.

poYL4nW.png

Py4G3Hb.png

mN9lMyY.png
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    The links in the thread starter are all dead!! Why hasn't "page not found" messages not resulted in the deletion of this thread??
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Because there is other information sprinkled throughout that may be useful. Did you wish to spearhead a new one from scratch?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    The links in the thread starter are all dead!! Why hasn't "page not found" messages not resulted in the deletion of this thread??

What Psiameese said...but also because the dead links are not the fault of the original author of the post: they are because Cryptic changed the forums to different software, and didn't update the links to point where they need to.

Has anyone figured out a colour setup for the kelvin romulan captain's jacket & subsequently the kelvin romulan shirt ?
  • srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    please close this thread all links broken...should be restarted...
This discussion has been closed.