test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

BOff power slot vs. rep power

Many T5u ships have got some nearly useless upgrades to T6 just by having a different name and the only improvement is a BOff additional power.

From a neutral point of view, the upgrade may not be worth it just for that because instead of that extra BOff ability one may just use an additional rep power one.

The only 'it is good for something' scenario I can think of is using the special BOff seats instead of some standard ones, but that rarely is actually useful because if you have a nicely set build it's unlikely to hive up a normal T/E/S ability for a special one.

What are your thoughts on this ? Did you upgrade any of your T5Us to equivalent T6s ? And if so , why ?
Tagged:

Comments

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Many T5u ships have got some nearly useless upgrades to T6 just by having a different name and the only improvement is a BOff additional power.

From a neutral point of view, the upgrade may not be worth it just for that because instead of that extra BOff ability one may just use an additional rep power one.

The only 'it is good for something' scenario I can think of is using the special BOff seats instead of some standard ones, but that rarely is actually useful because if you have a nicely set build it's unlikely to hive up a normal T/E/S ability for a special one.

What are your thoughts on this ? Did you upgrade any of your T5Us to equivalent T6s ? And if so , why ?

Useless? Well I guess it depends on the person..
    I did get a Verne but only on 1 toon..The rest run the T5u or Rom Variant of the Wells...Why? This ship should have been given the full temporal suite. at T5U the Wells was only 1 seat behind the Vern transforming the lt sci to a ltc sci/temp.

The rest of my Sci ships were already T6. My T6 Vesta is better than the T5U Vesta due only to the console set that is available for those ships.

So Im a little of both sides.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    Well, if it's something like a new usable console then yes, the upgrade is definitely justified. But for many builds I did find the upgrade useless since the possible alternate powers (like temp, cmd) were of no practical use for these cases. I guess it ultimately comes down to having an actual benefit or not.