test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risa "Flying High" Crashing System for Anyone Else?

vansine#0515 vansine Member Posts: 54 Arc User
Most of the times I've tried playing Flying High, the game crashes my system. If restart my computer and run Repair Arc, it seems to slightly diminish the issue. Did a fresh reinstall of STO about two weeks ago, and the reinstall repeatedly crashed my computer.

Answers

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Most of the times I've tried playing Flying High, the game crashes my system. If restart my computer and run Repair Arc, it seems to slightly diminish the issue. Did a fresh reinstall of STO about two weeks ago, and the reinstall repeatedly crashed my computer.
    I've done it recently as yesterday without a crash, so not universal bug. Are you having issues with other games besides STO since that sounds like you might have had a bad install there or worse.
  • vansine#0515 vansine Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    It's not entirely isolated to STO, but STO seems to really aggravate the issue, especially since the summer event came along.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    I do the Flying High mission and do not observe this behavior. I have had lag spikes though not as bad thanks to the fix they implemented. Nothing like this though.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    It's not entirely isolated to STO, but STO seems to really aggravate the issue, especially since the summer event came along.

Well if it's not contained within STO then there's probably something wrong with your PC, MMOs are rather resource heavy programs (since there's a lot of things even the client has to keep track of) so if there's a problem they tend to be first to show them.

I remember I had this one PC that kept bluescreening in WoW due while still running other programs seemingly fine, until it started bluescreening on everything and had to be taken to be repaired. WoW wasn't the source of the issue there but rather due to being an MMO like STO it was the first program to trigger the unlying issues.

So either you had bad install or there's (more likely) something wrong with your PC and it needs to be taken to be repaired.
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    I know it has in the past been said before in other threads , but have you checked your Video Card Drivers? Might be a place to start. Also you could check your Even Viewer from the control panel, and see if it might give ya a heads up when the crash happens.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.