test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tarantino Trek, back from the dead?

Comments

• Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    And you can't do both... why, exactly? You know, do what you know how to do now, while you figure out how to do the other thing?

Anyway, the Son'as' idea reminds more of Aesop's fable about the golden goose than anything resembling sensible behavior.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    starswordc wrote: »
    And you can't do both... why, exactly? You know, do what you know how to do now, while you figure out how to do the other thing?

Anyway, the Son'as' idea reminds more of Aesop's fable about the golden goose than anything resembling sensible behavior.
    Yeah, there's a subtle twist to the events. What the Federation is hoping to accomplish, and what the Son'a are hoping to accomplish are not in agreement. They're attempting cooperation, but Ru'afo wasn't honest about his plans.

The Federation wants to figure out how to artificially duplicate the radiation. Ru'afo seems more interested in killing the Baku. He CLAIMS to want to use it to heal his Son'a allies, and does at least make some effort to do that. But he wants to kill the Baku more. It kinda feels like the Son'a are almost as much victims of Ru'afo's bloodlust as the Federation.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    The Federation wants to figure out how to artificially duplicate the radiation. Ru'afo seems more interested in killing the Baku. He CLAIMS to want to use it to heal his Son'a allies, and does at least make some effort to do that. But he wants to kill the Baku more. It kinda feels like the Son'a are almost as much victims of Ru'afo's bloodlust as the Federation.

Some, like his XO probably are. Most probably are still resentful, but not the same level as Ru'afo. His XO however, was having second thoughts, hence why Picard was able to talk him down.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Hmm Tarantino Trek---why do i envisage rivers of blood,broken bones and multiple killings ,some by accident.
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Discovery made it on air and that show is and was a hot mess, so Tarantino wants to give it a go; I say .... sure, why not?
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Discovery made it on air and that show is and was a hot mess, so Tarantino wants to give it a go; I say .... sure, why not?

No it's not.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    steinberg wrote: »
    Hmm Tarantino Trek---why do i envisage rivers of blood,broken bones and multiple killings ,some by accident.
    Did you watch Kill Bill? Maybe that had something to do with it?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @markhawkman said:
    > phoenixc#0738 wrote: »
    >
    > Orion pirates were never really considered much of a threat though, so it might be a hard sell. Mostly, except for the Syndicate (which is not strictly Orion) they have been presented more as a sort of grifter type that depends on the females sowing chaos to through the mark off balance instead of a swashbuckler or even organized crime type. The "pirates" in ENT were rather pathetic thugs preying on weaker ships (which the NX-01 was compared to the ships of mainline powers at the time) for example.
    >
    >
    >
    > Thing is... making a fun action movie isn't about OMG the Federation is DOOMED!
    >
    > This is part of what Insurrection got RIGHT. The Enterprise crew was fighting the Son'A for the Baku, nothing more. There were real stakes, for adequate tension and drama, but it wasn't "We have to stop the Federation from being destroyed, part 19.4"

I agree 100%

Plus I'm hoping for lots of naked Orion women in it.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    Plus I'm hoping for lots of naked Orion women in it.
    Well, you'd get their feet, anyway.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    All i can say is bring on the blood,would love to see Spock go on one of his rampages.
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    > @jonsills said:
    > lordgyor wrote: »
    >
    > Plus I'm hoping for lots of naked Orion women in it.
    >
    >
    >
    > Well, you'd get their feet, anyway.

Not even an ankle, just the feet!?! ;p
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I plan to spend ten minutes a week being outraged by this, but only because I burn a lot of calories.
  • Options
    Am I alone in noticing that the only person who's talking about Quentin Tarantino making a Star Trek movie, at least since Paramount once floated his name in passing, is Quentin Tarantino? He seems to regard it as a done deal just because he wants to do it; not one word from the studio, a scriptwriter, or anyone else.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »
    Am I alone in noticing that the only person who's talking about Quentin Tarantino making a Star Trek movie, at least since Paramount once floated his name in passing, is Quentin Tarantino? He seems to regard it as a done deal just because he wants to do it; not one word from the studio, a scriptwriter, or anyone else.

If Axanar is being made, then Tarantino can make his own Star Trek movie provided he follows the guidelines set by CBS.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    starkaos wrote: »

If Axanar is being made, then Tarantino can make his own Star Trek movie provided he follows the guidelines set by CBS.

If he followed the fanfilm restrictions from CBS it would not be a "movie" (which generally means a full length feature film nowadays), it would be a "short". On the other hand, something like that would probably not qualify as Tarantino's tenth film so he would have to make some other movie later to hit his ten films goal before retirement, so Tarantino fans would have something to look forward to after it.

I suspect CBS may have lost interest in a Tarantino Trek after Moonves left, they currently seem to be in a kind of damage control mode as far as Trek is concerned.
  • Options
    Oh, you're not alone, but it's easy to imagine that it means something when Tarantino does it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    firebeard#3273 firebeard Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    This movie is reported to be based one of two episodes from TNG. Not sure if excessive gore would sit well with fans but Tarintino has already stated that gore and harsh language will involved.
    "Victory is not determined by whose armies are strongest. It is determined by who is left standing." - Napoléon
  • Options
    > @firebeard#3273 said:
    > This movie is reported to be based one of two episodes from TNG. Not sure if excessive gore would sit well with fans but Tarintino has already stated that gore and harsh language will involved.

I'd rather excessive nudity then gore .
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    excessive nudity of a certain green-skinned species, i take it? you know, there's probably tons of orion pron on the internet if you want to see naked green women that badly​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    > @shadowfang240 said:
    > excessive nudity of a certain green-skinned species, i take it? you know, there's probably tons of orion pron on the internet if you want to see naked green women that badly​​

Not Just just naked Orions, but also naked Deltan, Risian, Andorian, Betaziod, TOS & TNG Klingon, Trill, Bolian, Vulcan, Romulan, Reman, Ocompa, Vorta, Halanan, Q, Former Borg, Augments, and Denubulan Women. Maybe men too, why not, something for everyone.
  • Options
    ...if reman bodies look anything like their heads, i don't ever want to see one naked​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    No naked Horta? Speciesist!
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    horta come pre-naked​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    > @shadowfang240 said:
    > horta come pre-naked​​

Exactly , which is why it'd be more titiliating to see Horta wear clothes.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    > @shadowfang240 said:
    > horta come pre-naked​​

Exactly , which is why it'd be more titiliating to see Horta wear clothes.

A horta in a fiberglass nightie? :))
  • Options
    > @phoenixc#0738 said:
    > lordgyor wrote: »
    >
    > > @shadowfang240 said:
    > > horta come pre-naked​​
    >
    > Exactly , which is why it'd be more titiliating to see Horta wear clothes.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > A horta in a fiberglass nightie? :))

Sexy
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    look at the type of movies qt does. you really want pulp fiction, which is a decent enuff movie in and of itself, in space? :#
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    Not sure why Tarantino thinks he's 'all that'. Some of his films are pretty good (I enjoyed Kill Bill, Django Unchained, The Hateful 8).

But some are incredibly boring; I found Inglorious B'tads thoroughly boring, and the build up to the 'bear jew' was such an anti-climax I sat dumbfounded for a while staring at the screen. There are plenty of muscle bound Jewish wrestlers they could have used, but instead they had this huge build up; and then a relatively normal looking guy holding a baseball bat wanders out of a cave 'trying' to look scary.