test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are you guys planning to get the new Disco Constitution or D7?

12345679»

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    that was relatively cheap - vengeances are averaging around 170m currently​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Yes, I plan to get one because…
    I do not use Facebook or Twitter but anything STO publishes there ends up here a few hours later anyway in one form or another, so really it is a moot point where they originally announce things.

Hehe, well I use those platforms to some extent and when I dig a bit I find the livestreams. Unfortunately I have to listen to hours of everything is awesome babble there just in order to get the information I need. Actually it’s also hard to call it even information as nothing but what I would call either a display of incompetency or doubt worthy business practices was given on topic (they haven’t made up their mind here yet).

Man they can discuss the advanced beams on CNN for all I care as it simply does not change the fact that a single line under current issues in patch notes is obviously too much to ask here while information about the next zen charge bonus never seems to have trouble reaching us.

I very much regret that I accidentally encouraged Sea and Napalm for this discussion. Both are reasonable individuals and got caught up in a request for something that would be taken for granted everywhere else but seems to be out of the question for Cryptic. That’s disappointing yes but I can only appeal to anybody to take it with humor as the point of it all is plain and simple too absurd to be even discussed.

Most of us have jobs and RL obligations. Just try out such a routine with your boss, business partner or relative at home and see how well it will be perceived. :D
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    No, I won’t bother with them because…
    that was relatively cheap - vengeances are averaging around 170m currently​​

Wish the Atlas would be. :'(
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

I very much regret that I accidentally encouraged Sea and Napalm for this discussion. Both are reasonable individuals and got caught up in a request for something that would be taken for granted everywhere else but seems to be out of the question for Cryptic. That’s disappointing yes but I can only appeal to anybody to take it with humor as the point of it all is plain and simple too absurd to be even discussed.

No worries man, it's been a refreshingly civil exchange of ideas.. all good. :smile:

I still believe that they will wait until after the promo to nerf the beams.. and I still believe that is 100% intentional. I appreciate the links provided to help try and keep up with news on the game, obviously it's going to take some work on the part of the player to chase down information that is usually readily available, but that's how it goes sometimes.

In the end, I didn't expect the Discovery Connie to be very strong when I got it, I got it for fun and because I liked the pets. After the promo is over, they get their money and they nerf it (cause they will) at least I'll still have that. It won't be a big deal for me, I am used to this practice from Cryptic.. I expect it, which is why I didn't spend a ton of money to get the ship. It's the same reason I have and will continue to discourage anyone from spending too much money on this game. No matter how good something may seem, they always go back and change it after they have your cash.

I appreciate the civil discourse, obviously, my view remains unchanged but I respect the counter views that were presented.
    Insert witty signature line here.

No worries man, it's been a refreshingly civil exchange of ideas.. all good. :smile:

I still believe that they will wait until after the promo to nerf the beams.. and I still believe that is 100% intentional. I appreciate the links provided to help try and keep up with news on the game, obviously it's going to take some work on the part of the player to chase down information that is usually readily available, but that's how it goes sometimes.

In the end, I didn't expect the Discovery Connie to be very strong when I got it, I got it for fun and because I liked the pets. After the promo is over, they get their money and they nerf it (cause they will) at least I'll still have that. It won't be a big deal for me, I am used to this practice from Cryptic.. I expect it, which is why I didn't spend a ton of money to get the ship. It's the same reason I have and will continue to discourage anyone from spending too much money on this game. No matter how good something may seem, they always go back and change it after they have your cash.

I appreciate the civil discourse, obviously, my view remains unchanged but I respect the counter views that were presented.

Sure thing. :)

What really works in our advantage here that the ship, on its own, has pretty good stats and is mega sexeh. Nerfing the special toy away from it after the promo is dirty and would be cryptic at its worst.

I hope they realize that and don’t touch those beams but like you I arrived at a point where I realize this is only wishful thinking and not reality.
    animated.gif
  • borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Pass. I do not require that ship for anything and I already have the ships needed for my next 2 characters.

@peterconnorfirst that's how you lose elections: by assuming.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Consider that adjusting the beams does not necessarily mean nerf. I believe Spartan did say that they could be buffed, especially if all beams get buffed. Again it depends on what conclusion she comes to after looking at them again.

My only point was that it's disingenuous to claim underhanded tactics on Cryptic's part when it was stated publicly early on that they MIGHT be changed.

And as for people not watching livestreams, reading Twitter/Facebook/Forum, etc., that's on the individual if they won't avail themselves of the information provided.

In this case it'll be making the Disco Beams LESS effective than they were released = nerf

That is the definition of a the term 'nerf' WRT MMOs.

Yes, they may balance it so overall generally available beams of all types are more effective than they were' but it still means the Advanced Beams will be lees effective than they were when the ship was first released.
    Post edited by crypticarmsman on
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited July 2019
    Pass. I do not require that ship for anything and I already have the ships needed for my next 2 characters.

@peterconnorfirst that's how you lose elections: by assuming.
    I think I miss the context here a bit? You mean the poll? No, as a matter of fact the outcome coresponds rather acuratly with what I was able to see in game as far as my FL and Fleets are concerned, not to mention random teams in PvE. Peeps get this ship like crazy and eventhough some are vocal about it how it is being released the whole thing only underlines that cryptic choose the right way to distribute it I'm afraid.

coldnapalm wrote: »

Never buy a ship for power...always for the looks. And you won't be disappointed.
    Na getting the good stuff in STO is what I do. Can't help it though looks play into it. Risk is part of the game if you want to sit in the chair. Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose but overal those who play into powercreep win big time in this game. :p
    animated.gif
  • srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    i cant write what i think about this incoming nerf ... because the censorship in this forum....
    but to release a "strong" item and to nerf it after the promo sale ends talks alot about a company ...

• mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    "Let's make sure history never forgets the name: Enterprise!"
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    I won't buy into the gamble box game. If Cryptic isn't selling the ship (or giving it away) then they are not really offering the ship. I don't buy chances. I am not into Discovery. Maybe I will be someday, but not right now. TNG is my favorite, although I did watch TOS back in the day when it was the only Trek available, and I liked it. But, I don't like the Kirk mobile so much as to spend an outrageous fortune on it. The D7 is cool. I wish my Fed Rom could fly one. But, not at the asking price.
    With respect to all parties involved, I would also like to comment on the other issue being talked about here. Personally, I think that the devs should make all news available on their own news page and this forum. We, the players, should not be expected to frequent other sites like facebook, twitter, twitch, reddit, or anything like that.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    I won't buy into the gamble box game. If Cryptic isn't selling the ship (or giving it away) then they are not really offering the ship. I don't buy chances. I am not into Discovery. Maybe I will be someday, but not right now. TNG is my favorite, although I did watch TOS back in the day when it was the only Trek available, and I liked it. But, I don't like the Kirk mobile so much as to spend an outrageous fortune on it. The D7 is cool. I wish my Fed Rom could fly one. But, not at the asking price.
    With respect to all parties involved, I would also like to comment on the other issue being talked about here. Personally, I think that the devs should make all news available on their own news page and this forum. We, the players, should not be expected to frequent other sites like facebook, twitter, twitch, reddit, or anything like that.

The Disco-7 looks pretty nice, IMO, even from the show itself. The Disco-prise is alright, but I am still favoring the TMP-era Connie. The Disco-7 I appreciate because it has that new look while still paying respect to the originals.

Anyways, I acquired a Disco-7 last week from the exchange. Pricey but I am not playing that gambling game.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I used one of my two saved Promotional T6 Selection Packs a couple of weeks ago and got one. During the 25% off everything in the C-Store Sale I bought 20 Promotional R&D Packs and ended up with two T6 Selection Packs more.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I used one of my two saved Promotional T6 Selection Packs a couple of weeks ago and got one. During the 25% off everything in the C-Store Sale I bought 20 Promotional R&D Packs and ended up with two T6 Selection Packs more.

Congratulations :)

I wish I had that kind of luck. I have opened at least a hundred Phoenix packs and gotten only one ship-grade token (worth a T5 that I have not selected yet) so I am very leery about spending cash on promotional R&D packs since all I am likely to get are the mats and I am swimming in mats already from ingame stuff.

I did buy about five or six of the doff packs that have a chance for a ship during the sale on those a while back mainly because I needed better doffs and happened to have the cash at the time, and as usual for things like this did not get anything but the doffs, a lot of useless commodities, and a few lobi.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    That's why I might get the temporal light cruiser one day and instead of the dis one, I don't normally care for the constitution nor any of its variants though.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    That's why I might get the temporal light cruiser one day and instead of the dis one, I don't normally care for the constitution nor any of its variants though.

To be fair though, the lackluster trait is about the only flaw in the Discovery Connie. The weapons are pretty nice, the pets are great, and it's a full Miracle Worker ship.

I'm not saying the Temporal Connie is bad.. not at all, it's actually quite a nice ship. If you're using overall performance as the deciding factor though, unless you really need 'Built to Last,' the Discovery Connie is superior by a considerable margin.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    edited July 2019
    avoozuul wrote: »

To be fair though, the lackluster trait is about the only flaw in the Discovery Connie. The weapons are pretty nice, the pets are great, and it's a full Miracle Worker ship.

I'm not saying the Temporal Connie is bad.. not at all, it's actually quite a nice ship. If you're using overall performance as the deciding factor though, unless you really need 'Built to Last,' the Discovery Connie is superior by a considerable margin.

I agree. Kyle is already joking that Telora seems to on a side quest to collect Constitution class ships. Quite an expensive hobby but at least I flew em all by now that way. Performance wise it’s:

Discoprise >> TOS Connie > Kelvin Connie (>>> T1 Connie)

I’m quite happy with the ship on the tac toon. :)
    animated.gif
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    i mean...if you can actually afford one right now, you really should buy one and at least give it a test drive on tribble - if the lack of bridge still manages to overcome the sheer power of the ship, or you just don't like the way it handles, you can always sell it off and get your money back...or just buy one now while it's still 'cheap' and hold it until after the promo ends so you can flip it for more than you paid​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.