test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now Missing BALD/NONE hair option (FEMALE) Aliens with Humanoid Head

kobonkobon Member Posts: 17 Arc User
The recent patch on 6/20 messed up some hair options. I made a BALD/NONE hair option female alien with a humanoid head and now after the patch I am forced to choose a hairstyle when updating my look at the tailor. A BALD/NONE hair option exists for MALES but not for FEMALES (Aliens). This does not make any sense. Please bring back the option to make BALD ALIEN FEMALES.
-I checked all the tailors available.
-I spoke with a GM who also acknowledged and became aware of this problem.

Comments

• kobonkobon Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    While attempting to use the tailors to 'update' my uniform, it forces me to have hair on my character.
    Would appreciate this being fixed soon.
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    Maybe related, but the "None" hairstyle for Male Humans now shows twice in the Tailor. One of them perhaps was supposed to be the Female one?
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

Visited several tailors across the galaxy and can confirm they all share the same issues.
    Please tell me this will get fixed by today.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    I have the same problem. I created an alien race, with all the crew. now, I'm stuck to use the same uniform. i can't change them or the tailor gives them hairs.
    Still not fixed since 6/20.
    Perhaps it will be fixed during the 7/3 downtime? Please...
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    thx for the fix
    thx for the fix

Still not fixed.
    valoreah wrote: »
    Pretty sure posting about it daily is not going to get the issue resolved.

Once was enough thx.

Being that they somewhat recently updated the character creation system/tailor; it is quite clear that some bugs/mistakes where made and some elements overlooked. It seems like a very simple fix, unless they have some far more important elements in a long queue to fix first. I have no other way to communicate this problem other than making tickets and forum posts about it.
    The tailor/character creation is broken. For Example: Female Aliens with a Humanoid can no longer be bald. Using a tailor forces a bald female alien with humanoid head to choose a hair option and the BALD/NONE hair option is now missing completely.
  • geezerpunkgeezerpunk Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    Just filing a Me too on this one. But I have four toons with this problem. A Deltan, 2 Lukari, and a Talosian. So all four look funny with hair.
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited August 2019
    I find it stupid that they can't be bald but I can see why it might be such a high prority one. It might be a bug or overlooked when they added in those new hairstyles.
    I tested all the female alien options for the factions. The only type of female alien that can be bald now seems to be the Romulan alien. They are not as defined I guess the devs intended them to be more a hybrid type thing but still can do a lot with female aliens in the romualn faction.They might get to it at some point.
    So yeah if you want a bald alien have to create a romulan republic character for it until they get around to fixing it. I do hope they fix it really soon.
  • pauzotoh65pauzotoh65 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    What's up with not being able to use none hairstyle on female, humanoid aliens? It's been 3 months now and still no fix or word about it from Cryptic. If they have time to fix all the typos and issues nobody even knew about, surely they can fix this.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    pauzotoh65 wrote: »
    What's up with not being able to use none hairstyle on female, humanoid aliens? It's been 3 months now and still no fix or word about it from Cryptic. If they have time to fix all the typos and issues nobody even knew about, surely they can fix this.

They did fix the issue a few patches ago. I do not remember what patch it was. Have you tried since then? Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • pauzotoh65pauzotoh65 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited September 2019
    I've tried it every week including 9/23/19 and it's still not allowing 'none' for humanoid aliens. Edit: I tried after today's post and now it works. Maybe it was already fixed and I missed something, I did find some corrupted files right before I patched. If so, my apoligies.
    Post edited by pauzotoh65 on