test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Doffs become bound

lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
Since todays patch, all unbound dutyofficers, I sent on an assignment, are character bound now.
I hope this is a bug and not intended, since there was no warning this would happen!
qc13grtl44vw.png

Comments

• trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    I can confirm. I do a few doff missions on every char as part of my daily rotation. I now have multiple ultrarare and very rare boffs immediately bound as they start the doff mission. This is really, really bad since I shuffle those doffs to new toons now and then.
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    trekpuppy wrote: »
    This is really, really bad since I shuffle those doffs to new toons now and then.
    So do I. And I sell them whenever I get better Doffs to replace them. So I hope this gets fixed real soon and, even more important, the bound status of those doffs need to be reversed!

qc13grtl44vw.png
  • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Doffs also bind when used in crafting now.
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    So do I. And I sell them whenever I get better Doffs to replace them. So I hope this gets fixed real soon and, even more important, the bound status of those doffs need to be reversed!

While I, too, would like them to unbind all the doffs unintentionally bound last night, I'm not sure they can easily tell when a doff got bound. If they don't keep track of that information, then they'd have to compare everyone's doffs against a backup copy.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »
    I, too, would like them to unbind all the doffs unintentionally bound last night, I'm not sure they can easily tell when a doff got bound. If they don't keep track of that information, then they'd have to compare everyone's doffs against a backup copy.
    A simple solution for this problem would be, to just unbind ALL of our Doffs.
    This might sound a little extreme, but Cryptic caused this Problem and now they have to fix it.
    And I just don't see why we should live with the mess anyone else caused. Especially since those, who caused it, want our money!
    qc13grtl44vw.png
  • rwillarddev#0892 rwillarddev Member Posts: 17 Cryptic Developer
    Hi, thank you for your report. I just wanted you to know that we had gotten a report of this from another source and test is aware and has entered a bug for the dev team.
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    Hi, thank you for your report. I just wanted you to know that we had gotten a report of this from another source and test is aware and has entered a bug for the dev team.

Great, so that should mean it's unintentional, right?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User

Great, so that should mean it's unintentional, right?

Stop with the snark. It is unintentional and we have had bound issues before that have been resolved quickly.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Tested via crafting: doff is bound now. :(
    Checked every 35 toons, all of them are involved. I'm not happy.
    Please fix it. Thank you.
    Ticket number: 4861987.
    I'm sorry my bad english.
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    This has effected me in a odd way my main toon has several doffs that are warfare doffs that are not bound. I have duplicates of them as well as ones i use the extra ones help me do my doff missions and get good results. I do send these to my alts and back as they can make use as well so this has driven a wedge for me not to be able to do my missions. And by extension stop the materials and resources i depend on for the exchange as well as general game equipment via crafting and doff missions to play with tech.

So some more information would be nice regarding this issue other than we have some other information about this and its ticketed.

I have looked at the patch notes several times and cant seem to find any reference to duty officer's neither the system involving them. So i question how it came to be that a system that as far as i can read has not been altered in this is some how binding duty officers and for some odd reason i find it hard to think it happened at random.

So in this instance was it a intentional feature to bind doffs?
    Or has some one edited the binding rules in game even if not intended?
    Surely some one must know at least that answer to this and i for one would be glad to have that information regardless of the case of a bug, intentional, unintentional, or that no one has a clew as to what changed it.

Why this has stop my use of duty officers till some further information and or fix is forthcoming. It also is by no means the end of the world if intentional. Neither is this post and attack on anyone. But some more information i think is deserved so that we as players can make a informed choice as to use and bind a doff or not.

Also by not using the system at this time is a proper precaution in such a event as this is fixed i don't think that the dev team or support has the time or inclination to fix the bind on all such doffs. So i would say speed is of the essence if not in a fix of this at least information can be quick.
    To be or not to be: B)
  • beigasbeigas Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Any news on this ?
    I really hope they work this out soon.
    Half my roster got character bound and some of those boffs were borrowed.
  • vongravenvongraven Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    Confirmed, half of my doff roster is bound now and it's extremely annoying. I hope it will get fixed and the doffs will become unbound again. I wanted to report this bug but it seems it's a well known one...
  • stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    beigas wrote: »
    Any news on this ?

I read on another forum, that they'll fix it next week.
  • m0jamm0jam Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Has this been addressed yet? I am still waiting to get major parts of my roster unlocked.
    edited June 2019
    The bug was fixed in a past patch on 5/23. You are good to go.
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    It is still on, and it's not fixed.
  • chrian#9670 chrian Member Posts: 622 Cryptic Developer
    This issue is still under investigation. Thank you for your patience.
    sthe91 wrote: »
    It is still on, and it's not fixed.

At the time of the post it was fixed and the recent Tribble build which did not have the DOFF binding issue had not yet come to pass. Then it did and so came the Revenge of the DOFF binding bug once again. That is what happened.
    Now I even get to have bound prisoners and bound colonists.
  • soundofvalhalla#4224 soundofvalhalla Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    > @chrian#9670 said:
    > This issue is still under investigation. Thank you for your patience.

The issue is present on Xbox as well. Several of my highly valued duty officers became bound after starting an assigment. And today a 35 mil EC VR Reverse Shield Polarity doff became bound upon recieving it from a mailbox. This needs a priority status for bugfixing and more importantly reversing of the bound status.
    Still waiting for a fix. I haven't seen new DOff being bound but DOff that had been bound at that time still are.