test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Return of the Discovery Lock Boxes!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
For a limited time, the Discovery, Emperor's and Section 31 Lock Boxes will all be dropping in game!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11196523-return-of-the-discovery-lock-boxes!

Comments

• Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Interesting, but I'm looking forward more to the return of infinity lockbox and Phoenix prize packs. Oh well.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    What, no lead-in key sale? Hmm. ;)
  • Options
    edartaedarta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    The box with those Mini-Tech devices? Meeh
    Infinity Box. I want.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    The emperor's lock box might slightly help drive down the price of the trait Terran Targeting Systems and none of the emperor's lock box stuff is in the infinity lock box. Discovery lockbox stuff is already in the Infinity lock box though. Section 31 lock box is still current so this is essentially an emperor's lock box rerun.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    Hopefully that will drive down the Discovery Vanity Shield prices
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Not likely unless they do the decent thing and have it as a option alongside the other stuff instead of the chance of a chance nonsense.
  • Options
    elvnswordselvnswords Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Um, this is rather weird to me, as I thought that was exactly what the infinity boxes were for, to eliminate re-run boxes.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited July 2019
    Since they are rerunning those boxes now, it means that on August 1st we will probably be getting a new Infinity Lockbox with the Emporer's Lockbox contents folded in. After that runs its course a brand new Lockbox will be awaiting us.

This triple Lockbox is probably for the celebration of all things Discovery before they sort of move on.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns