test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Norton blocking STO

I've tried making exceptions, but could someone explain to me how to get norton to stop blocking STO?

Comments

• garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    i would suggest uninstll norton and install 360 total security
  • ekypyrosekypyros Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Real my friend Norton is worst Virus Suit that you can use !
    It Slow Down the System ,Block Around ,sometimes Damage Programms and it is to Paranoid etc ...
    my suggest are also
    uninstall Norton !

But You can Star Trek Online.exe and GameClient.exe make to Trusted App! somewhere in the settings also need both Firewall Exceptions !

• theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    I go with Microsoft security, it's free and comes with the Windows 10 OS
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • carcosa#4225 carcosa Member Posts: 161 Arc User
      edited June 2019
      Ok I was just online with Norton technical support, and they made sure that Norton wasn't blocking STO, and it still keeps crashing after hitting engage and going to the black Cryptic screen. I am a lifetime subscriber with a lot of money in this game I hope someone will do something to fix this!!!!

Edit

I have Norton 360 deluxe plus by the way... but Norton is not the problem and it no longer says in the log history that Norton is blocking this game but it still keeps crashing
    • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
      Ok I was just online with Norton technical support, and they made sure that Norton wasn't blocking STO, and it still keeps crashing after hitting engage and going to the black Cryptic screen. I am a lifetime subscriber with a lot of money in this game I hope someone will do something to fix this!!!!

Edit

I have Norton 360 deluxe plus by the way... but Norton is not the problem and it no longer says in the log history that Norton is blocking this game but it still keeps crashing

Well it's not a universal bug/issue either as I could just log into my client and I use Norton
    • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
      yes, you should change, Norton is not very good and use a lot of ressources. Bitdefender/Avast/AVG (free) are better and don't use a lot of ressources.