test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spiral Wave Disruptors

I recently opened one of those T6 Infinity ship packs and opted for the Cardassian Keldon Cruiser. Did I misunderstand something about the four Very Rare Spiral Wave Disruptor beams that were supposed to be part of the package unlock or has that aspect been changed?

I did know that you could also purchase additional Spiral Wave weapons for a fair amount of zen, but doing that seems to be my only option here, as I can not find the four very rare that I've previously read were unlocked with the unboxing of a Cardassian ship?

Comments

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    I recently opened one of those T6 Infinity ship packs and opted for the Cardassian Keldon Cruiser. Did I misunderstand something about the four Very Rare Spiral Wave Disruptor beams that were supposed to be part of the package unlock or has that aspect been changed?

I did know that you could also purchase additional Spiral Wave weapons for a fair amount of zen, but doing that seems to be my only option here, as I can not find the four very rare that I've previously read were unlocked with the unboxing of a Cardassian ship?

They should be. I have them unpacked on all my toons. Should be in the Dil store after you unpack the ship for more options(Cannons and what not)

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Thanks for your comment, and I will look again after work today, but thus far ...... nope ....... they've not been there either?
  • mdm454mdm454 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I just opened a Galor for the Spiral Waves. The 4 I got with the ship were white MK 10 not very rare. It opened the option to buy the very rare mk10 in the dilithium store.

mdm454 wrote: »
    I just opened a Galor for the Spiral Waves. The 4 I got with the ship were white MK 10 not very rare. It opened the option to buy the very rare mk10 in the dilithium store.

But the wiki page clearly states: "When the Cardassian Keldon Cruiser is claimed, four [Spiral Wave Disruptor [Acc]x2 [Spiral]] will be added to the player's inventory. Once the ship is acquired, you can buy additional Spiral Wave Disruptors from the Dilithium Store for 45,380 Refined dilithium each on that character."

They are supposed to be Very Rare and are highlighted that way too?

• odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User

But the wiki page clearly states: "When the Cardassian Keldon Cruiser is claimed, four [Spiral Wave Disruptor [Acc]x2 [Spiral]] will be added to the player's inventory. Once the ship is acquired, you can buy additional Spiral Wave Disruptors from the Dilithium Store for 45,380 Refined dilithium each on that character."

Thats what I got when I unpack my Keldon

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

OKAY! I have to guess that either the quality of the VR Spiral Wave weapons were either downgraded by Cryptic or I'm the victim of a bug. Probably not much to be done about it!
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

OKAY! I have to guess that either the quality of the VR Spiral Wave weapons were either downgraded by Cryptic or I'm the victim of a bug. Probably not much to be done about it!

check inventory... i think the weapons are not slotted on the ship... they get dropped into inventory. oh this is the T5 ship. The T6 ships do not come with VR weapons.
    I'm gonna let the whole thing go my friends, but again this is what is stated on the page describing this process: "4x [Spiral Wave Disruptor] will be added to the inventory when Cardassian Galor Cruiser or Cardassian Keldon Cruiser is claimed for the first time on a character."

These four gratis weapons are flagged as being of Very Rare quality.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    I'm gonna let the whole thing go my friends, but again this is what is stated on the page describing this process: "4x [Spiral Wave Disruptor] will be added to the inventory when Cardassian Galor Cruiser or Cardassian Keldon Cruiser is claimed for the first time on a character."

These four gratis weapons are flagged as being of Very Rare quality.

as far as I know the T5 lockbox/now Zen Store ship, does grant 4 vr spiral wave disruptor arrays.

do you already have 4 spiral wave disruptors? could be that it's only awarded if you don't own them. if you own the zen store version, just dismiss and reclaim.
    I did NOT have spiral wave anything. I did get one of those Infinity Prize Pack Tier 6 ship selections, which from the extensive list of options I picked the Cardassian Keldon Cruiser. I did NOT get the VR spiral waves and I looked in every nook and cranny possible, thus my confusion. So, moving along now making due with the common quality ones that were equipped on the ship, and calling out the disinformation here in the forum. Thanks to all for playing!
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    I think the 4 spiral wave beam arrays you get from a cardassian ship is a one time claimed per toon thing, if you claimed them before from opening a ship like the zen cardassian Galor from gamma pack you don't get them again.
    I think the 4 spiral wave beam arrays you get from a cardassian ship is a one time claimed per toon thing, if you claimed them before from opening a ship like the zen cardassian Galor from gamma pack you don't get them again.

Aaaannndd ..... again ...... DID NOT get them, had NOT had them and they are still listed among the missing from my corner of STO. It's one of those glitches that I asked about over and again, only to get basically nowhere and had to move on. 'Twas the same with the Lorca jacket which for me never, and I repeat, never and never again appeared or unlocked or showed up .... well, you get the picture. Despite my having finished that event?

Did not work for me, so had to move on sans the item. It did have me reevaluate whether to continue wasting my time on many of the STO events, since in most of the videos Kael (for instance) does, all they extol are the virtues of the next half dozen ships that can be bought. Frankly for the first time since the game launched on consoles, that being the case, I'm increasingly limiting my time in game.

I still like STO, but I've just learned to be wary of their pick me, buy me "stuff" and once they finally finish up the Discovery era content, I will come back a little more frequently; just without doing many of the events.