What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Promo Ship Compromise Thread

124»

Comments

• xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Too bad that didn't apply to the Dilitium MACO, TWoK, etc. Outfits. :(

A 20% discount on those items wouldn't really be able to sell them to me though.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • aricamarajade#4600 aricamarajade Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Things have always been this way. Yes people will be angry, and yes people want it and yes you can get it. Buy the boxes, sell them on Exchange and you can have the 1 per char on account ship. If people didn't buy these ships they wouldn't be implemented this way. They got smarter to give them unique unlocks. But even if those weapons / pets became meta, i would not try to get such ships. Enjoy the game, not the gamble part.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Yeah I know...people are stupid.

Agreed. I think this explains it all.

gcRuM6s.jpg
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    valoreah wrote: »
    When did I say I know that ?

Read your own post that I replied to. You're claiming there is a "few" people keeping the game afloat and any number of "addicted gamblers." How many "whales" are there in STO specifically and how much are they bringing in? How many "addicted gamblers" are there here in STO? You seem to have the data - why not share it?

I'm curious where you are getting your facts from. Linking articles about spending in mobile games is not evidence of the STO playerbase - it's just an article with no real facts outside of a small subset that happens to fit what you believe the narrative to be.

I did not claim that please stop adding straw mans, nothing I have said is that whales are the only thing keeping the game afloat. But whales are what is driving the gambling mechanics, as that is where perfect world earns the most revenue from their games. Again you are reading things into my statements.

But about them being about mobile gaming, well there are simply more metrics in that space, until perfect world releases their metrics sure we aren't 100% sure, but all evidence points to it be true from stuff like the only 3 T6 connies be gamble ships. As well as the fact they have introduces 4 separate gambling boxs in the game, they didn't just stop at lootboxs, you have promotional limited time R&D boxs and phoenix boxs, bought with dilithium which can be purchased through the zen/dilithium exchange.

With intentionally low chances, to drive the people gambling to spend up to 1000+ dollars opening them. With the global advertisements to entice people to gamble. Again all these tactics and more are employed by the one and only mobile free to play market. So to say sto's audience and PW marketing schemes is some how that different from mobile is logically flawed.

You don't have to agree with my analyses, make no mistake a Non-mobile gamer are not unicorns unaffected by basic human behavior. They can easily fall into the same traps and pitfalls anybody else can make. With this game employing many of the same tactics, there are people who fall into the same holes, sometimes to the detriment their own health and livelihoods. Any one who has studied marketing and the art of selling things knows that it, as much about finding a market as it is about manipulating the psychology of your customers unfortunately.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @xyquarze said:
    > ltminns wrote: »
    >
    > Too bad that didn't apply to the Dilitium MACO, TWoK, etc. Outfits. :(
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > A 20% discount on those items wouldn't really be able to sell them to me though.

Not the 20% discount but a reaction to the comment made by @markhawkman:

'Sometimes it is de facto the normal price in games because the actual normal price is insane.'

About insane prices period. Even the Fleet Dilitium discounted price is insane.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.