test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No bridge on the Disco Connie?!

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
Please tell me you guys are still working on at least the bridge for the Disco Connie? Really disappointed that it does not have the bridge from the show. Just reskin the ToS bridge you got now.
1e3sni150tar.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    They kinda can't just reskin the TOS bridge. The Discovery version's bigger.
    Discovery-Enterprise-7.jpg
    That part on the left... doesn't exist in the TOS bridge. And the viewscreen is totally different.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    It would be nice if they add the bridge later like they did. before
  • Options
    srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    anyone tryed the tos bridge because its available at the ship customizer for 2k zen?
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Being that it's a 'Grand Prize' ship it would be nice to get a bridge for it.

If it doesn't happen, I won't be grabbing my torches and pitchfork, I'll still enjoy the ship.. but the DISCO Bridge would be nice to have.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    You're surprised by the lack of a bridge? That's standard practice, that the ship costs $300 doesn't change that.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    ......jesus christ, they cant even do that right, and the damn 2267 TOS bridge is still broken for friggin AOY players!!!

Are we having some sort of STO down as of late? :|
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Ok, folks. They explained in the livestream about the ship that the DSC Connie bridge hadn't been seen on screen yet when they were developing the ship. That's why we didn't get a bridge.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    valoreah wrote: »
    Not sure I buy that to be honest. The NX in the Lobi store doesn't have a bridge either.

I've no problem with custom bridges/interiors being left out if that's what they want to do. However, these should cost less than those that do have them since clearly there is less development going into making them.

Well, the fact that they mentioned it tells me that they want to, but were explaining why it didn't ship with the ship. I think Donny even mentioned during a recent livestream that he wants to, but doesn't have the time to work on it.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Let's be honest with ourselves: the lack of bridge is not going to significantly hurt the sales of this ship. That being the case, what is their real motivation to add it?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You'll all be in for a disappointment when the T6 Risian Corvette releases and we will have, at best, the T5 Risian Bridge.

The Discovery Constitution came default with the Walker Bridge. I changed it to the classic TOS one for now.

So if they can't make it for a prized premium R&D Promotion Ship, how likely is it we are going to get one for regular ships.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    Unless they make a mission with the Disco bridge we won't see one
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    You'll all be in for a disappointment when the T6 Risian Corvette releases and we will have, at best, the T5 Risian Bridge.

What Risian Bridge? ;)
    Which is fine, however knowing this the price should be adjusted accordingly IMO.

How do you adjust the price of a ship that has no price? Its a promo.
    Unless you're talking the EC value than yea I wouldn't mind a significant price reduction. B)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    neoakiraii wrote: »

The Vengeance and D4x both got their own bridges without a mission using those maps. However, those bridges were also ready to go with the ships. Since this one was not (for the reasons explained previously), you are probably right.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2019

The Vengeance and D4x both got their own bridges without a mission using those maps. However, those bridges were also ready to go with the ships. Since this one was not (for the reasons explained previously), you are probably right.

Vengeance bridge is just a Connie Bridge painted black, with a few changes
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    The D4x and Kelvin Romulan Bridges were custom jobs on top of that. We don't know what the actual bridge of a D4x looks like.
  • Options

You just perfectly described the disco connie bridge :D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    yossarian1971#5867 yossarian1971 Member Posts: 14 Arc User

Orange? Really?
    7t7iwm3ayjg21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=37201b3372f77a86ff07e9ccf785482127d2fa93
  • Options

If you're colorblind then yes
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    Orange? Really?

Come on, don't be so silly. Despite the orange trim on a few things, it's clearly a dark colored bridge:

bridge-aft-view.jpg

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Dark yes, but it's hardly the "who forgot to install the lightbulbs" the vengence bridge was (at least in the movie), the Connie bridge is in fact it's brighter then the Crossfield bridge which in turn in brighter then the vengence (well Dreadnaught-class) bridge. Other then the floor it's not that diffrent from the TOS bridge which at quite a lot of black in the color scheme as well.
  • Options
    yossarian1971#5867 yossarian1971 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Orange? Really?

Come on, don't be so silly. Despite the orange trim on a few things, it's clearly a dark colored bridge:

bridge-aft-view.jpg

Go re-watch that scene there and maybe you'll understand.
    7t7iwm3ayjg21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=37201b3372f77a86ff07e9ccf785482127d2fa93
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    I rather like the walker bridge. it's a damn sight better than most of the bridges we did get
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    Personally, I simply can't wrap my head around how Cryptic cannot make bridges/interiors work and be more desirable. So much of Trek was about being the Captain and getting to sit in the "big chair", and so many episodes took place aboard the ship. Shame Cryptic can't find a way to incorporate that. I guess pew pew is what brings them the money.

I don't think it's that they can't, Val. You may recall that many times I have presented ideas for ship interiors myself (details in the spoiler). All of which, I believe, they could do since it takes advantage of things already in-game. But it's considerable work, according to Taco, to make ship interiors to begin with. Then there's the need to have systems teams go in and hook everything up for them to function, which also takes time. And that's just for the basic stuff, which needs to be done each time a new bridge is made. Adding more things to do there would take even more time. In essence, IF starship interiors were to get an overhaul, to be done right, it would most likely come as the focus of a season or expansion, and that would mean significant dedicated development time. I'd love to see it happen, but it's not going to happen in some dev's spare time.
    I've said before that I'd love to see Starship Interiors done the way Fleet Starbases are done, but scaled to a personal level. Fleet Starbases have their various leveling projects and cosmetic projects. Starship Interiors could work the same way with project inputs scaled to the individual rather than an entire fleet. Leveling one's Starship Interior would give a player access to more things: Bank, Email, Tailor, etc. Cosmetic projects could allow for decor in the Captain's Quarters, Ten Forward, or even allow to toggle between TOS, TMP, TNG, and 2410 aesthetics.

Fleet Starbases have holdings that can also be leveled and have cosmetic projects. On Starship Interiors this would be represented by adding new decks, for example:

Crew Deck: Captain's Quarters with possible Tailor access and trophy displays. Ten Forward with a variety of games that we've seen played in Star Trek and possibly a dance floor. Assign quarters to various BOFFS, visit them and they could give you a daily mission to be done aboard ship.

Life Sciences: a menagerie for storing and displaying pets bought and earned, possible breeding projects for said pets to be unlocked, games for scanning, detecting, identifying life forms.

Stellar Cartography: scanning games for locating, identifying various stellar phenomenon.

Sick Bay: triaging patients game (similar to the Kobali triage mission) for crew members that wander into Sick Bay.

Shuttle Bay: small craft that we own could be displayed here, switching to small craft could be done here, traveling to Fleet Holding could be done here, queueing for shuttle PVE/PVP could be done here, perhaps some unique shuttle piloting/racing missions could be done from here.

Engineering: engineering diagnostic games (warp field, plasma flow adjustments), detecting problems on the ship somewhere then going there and fixing it, a Jefferies tube scavenger hunt type game (using a blank map like Temporal Ambassador), crafting of unique items available only here.

Allow our designated Department Heads to be assigned to occupy the relevant station on board, ex) CMO would be in Sick Bay, Chief Engineer would be in Engineering.

Allow us some (at least limited) choices on crew composition. Perhaps using toggles for species, uniforms that they wear. These options could also be made available through cosmetic projects. Personally, I'd love to see the DOFF roster used to determine crew composition. Allow a toggle or slider for number of crew on a given map with 0 being an option as well. Interacting with random crew members could yield a daily mission or unique DOFF assignment.

The maps themselves could be used to update older episode missions that take place aboard a ship and future missions that need to take place aboard a ship. Also, ship boarding/repel boarders PVE/PVP queues could use the maps as well.

Additionally, the Starship Interiors maps would be separate and independent from the bridge, so one could use the bridge of their choice. There could be an option to sync visuals between the bridge and interior for ships that only have a bridge and no other decks to re-skin those decks with the same aesthetics. For example, using a Hirogen ship would re-skin the Starship Interiors deck maps using Hirogen textures, using a Tholian ship would re-skin them using Tholian textures.

Unless there is a way to connect them via map moving in the turbolift, unique ship interiors would be retained as they are. They just wouldn't utilize this system. So your full TOS, Defiant, Voyager, etc. interiors would be retained and could be used separately. This proposed Starship Interiors system would be the new default interior for your ship, though. There might be uproar about that, but it's the best way to preserve previous ship interior/bridge purchases with (hopefully) minimal uproar. Perhaps have those purchases automatically unlock texturing/lighting aesthetics to give them an extra bonus. So, those canon interior aesthetics could be applied to the new interiors. It wouldn't be an exact TOS interior, but it would look like that era. It wouldn't be an exact TNG interior, but it would use that aesthetic. It wouldn't be an exact Tholian interior, but it would fit that style.

The deck/room layouts would be generic, so that they could be easily used for missions. As it is, doing a 5-man Starbase defense, the queue randomly chooses a Fleet Starbase from among the participants. Whatever level/visuals that base is in is the map that's used. Same would go for a potential 5-man ship boarding/repelling queue maps. Someone in the team's ship map will be used. The layouts are all the same, but the look might be different.

Yes, FED, KDF, and ROM would need 3 separate layouts, but only for the crew deck and engineering deck. New decks added, like holdings, could be a generic corridor with rooms branching off. What would make them unique would be the skin that's applied to them: a Starfleet skin, Klingon skin, Romulan skin as the basic default look depending on the character. Other skins would be unlocked via cosmetic projects, C-Store purchases, Lock Box ships, etc. The Reputation System could be tied into it, too: Tier 6 Reputation Project that allows for unique Starship Interior visuals.

Oh, and this would be a per character system, not account wide, unless a certain purchase unlocks for the account.

I think that threads and polls like this try to show Cryptic that there might be support to do this, that players would be willing to buy it into it if it were made. And while Cryptic does indeed want to make money, I don't think that is the real hold up here. I think that this is something they might be willing to do, if they knew how they could best implement it and get the most bang for their buck for the time and development that they'd put into it.

The best example I can point to is the Voyager interior. It's beautiful, iconic, and screen accurate. One of the reasons we got that interior with that level of detail, though, was because it was extensively used during the Delta Rising story arc missions. And so, it could be used for future story missions as well. Bonus that it could sold to the masses as a Starship Bridge/Interior.

What I've tried to do with the proposal that I made was less about how much or whether players would be willing to spend real money for it, but rather try to show Cryptic: a direction they could go to implement it; to tie it into systems that they already have; to use it as an asset for future story/mission development; how to expand on it, so that it shows potential for future growth rather than a one-and-done project; to make it an integral part of one's daily game play; and yeah, maybe there are some aspects that can be monetized, too.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They used to have ship bridges in packs in the C-Store for around 500. They also created full blown interiors in special packs (like the TOS) for 2000. Then they created the Voyager interior that again was full blown but was attached to the ship pack, then not.

The last iteration was the full blown Galaxy interior, but that had no extras but still sold for 2000. I hear sales were not that great and probably 'spoiled the broth' for future bridge creations. It never occured to them that the 2000 price tag with no extras had anything to do with the lower sales numbers.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.