test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please add the Captain's Table location to Transwarp List

Hi Dev Team!

Any chance we could get the Captains Table added to the Transwarp list in Sector Space (for those who have access). This would simulate our Captains entering a door on the ship while in space. This would make the Captain's Table a lot more useful (and used) and those obnoxious 'gas clouds' could finally be removed from Earth orbit and Qo'nos.

Thanks!

Comments

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Why add a transwarp to a location no one ever goes to ? They need to revamp the Captains Table and make it worth visiting first.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    I agree with arionisa. They should first revamp the Captain's Table for lifetimers and make it worth visiting first before adding that location to the transwarp list for that group. Also, the astronomical term for those gas clouds is a nebula and why are they obnoxious to you? The nebula even has a name. It is called the Aenigma Nebula.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • jtkirk15jtkirk15 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Mmm, I'm thinking the same way as Arionisa and sthe91 the Captain's Table needs revamping first. The devs need to give us a reason to visit it. Something only found in the Captain's Table would be a start. A way of earning special bonuses, or creating special weapons..... special doff and admiralty missions, anything along these lines and I guarantee, the Captain's Table would start being used. Come on devs!!
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    Sure add the Captain's table to the LONG list of things that need to get 'updated'.....

Like all the old missions that were removed years ago that they said would get 'updated' and returned.

The Foundry, which had needed 'updating' for YEARS and is now in limbo.

Exploration clusters that were fun but needed 'updating' and so were removed.

Yeah... let's 'update' the Captain's Table... so NO ONE can access it because it will get removed.

Come on, seriously, no one goes to the Captain's Table right now because IT'S REDUNDANT BEING LOCATED IN THE SAME SYSTEMS AS THE FACTIONS HOMEWORLD. Adding it to the Transwarp List means it could be used ANYWHERE in space - thus making it actually useful.

Sheesh, come on people, THINK!
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Sure add the Captain's table to the LONG list of things that need to get 'updated'.....

Like all the old missions that were removed years ago that they said would get 'updated' and returned.

The Foundry, which had needed 'updating' for YEARS and is now in limbo.

Exploration clusters that were fun but needed 'updating' and so were removed.

Yeah... let's 'update' the Captain's Table... so NO ONE can access it because it will get removed.

Come on, seriously, no one goes to the Captain's Table right now because IT'S REDUNDANT BEING LOCATED IN THE SAME SYSTEMS AS THE FACTIONS HOMEWORLD. Adding it to the Transwarp List means it could be used ANYWHERE in space - thus making it actually useful.

Sheesh, come on people, THINK!

I get your train of thought there but here's the thing, the captain's table is missing so many NPCs you'd want that going there does basically nothing for you.

Stuff it has:
    mail
    bank
    exchange
    tailor
    1 vendor for dumping stuff

This is barely above the trade ship as for stuff you can do. Were it not for the long cooldown I'd say the trade ship is outright superior.

Stuff it's missing:
    security offcier
    boff vendor
    boff trainer
    ship vendor
    ship tailor
    ship selector
    vendor for hypos, commodities & stuff
    temporal guy for the recruitment rewards
    something to claim the vet android boff, space suit & fireworks (srsly these should have been a no-brainer.....)

and I'm probably forgetting some stuff which would actually it make it worth a visit.

Again I get where you're coming from but even if I could visit it anytime from anywhere I'd still have absolutely no reason to do so.