What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disco Connie in June?

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    that is somewhat annoying

How so? :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Hopefully, the ship will be C-Store

Ixnay on the C-Storay, Ixnay on the C-Storay!

You'll get eaten alive otherwise.
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User

RNG based with promo boxes
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

RNG based with promo boxes

Yea better go for the alternative then. Did so with all my promo ships. ;)
      animated.gif
      Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
      felisean wrote: »
      teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
      RNG is one thing... but when the odds are so abysmally low...
    • vampeiyrevampeiyre Member Posts: 633 Arc User
      Never pray to RNGesus, he never listens. Sell Promo boxes or keys and let the suckers gamble.
      "I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am."
    • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
      RNGesus giveth and RNGesus taketh away
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
        -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
      • steinbergsteinberg Member Posts: 91 Arc User
        edited June 2019
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTIP19x0z44 Have to watch via youtube Discovery Connie and D7.
      • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
        edited June 2019
        https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11186423-command-the-discovery-era-enterprise-and-d7!

I'm disappointed in both the release method and the seating, Promo + Miracle Worker + Command is three strikes of things I don't like. Thanks for saving me some money Cryptic.
        Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
        eaY7Xxu.png
      • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
        Sweet Jesus the stats on those fighters. Nine beam arrays on 36 fighters, I mean damn.
      • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
        Polarized Lattice-Optimized Tritanium Armor
        P.L.O.T. Armor
        Ok.
        szim wrote: »
        P.L.O.T. Armor
        Ok.

Oh. My God. Fuklcing #Dead LOL.
        You know who has two thumbs and is getting mugged by Cryptic on Thursday? This guy.
      • centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
        edited June 2019
        P.L.O.T. Armor
        Ok.

LOL That's fantastic! XD
      • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
        P.L.O.T. Armor
        Ok.

Best armor ever!!!... now i want this ship! lol
        The forces of darkness are upon us!
      • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
        GrWzQke.png
        Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
        Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
        Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
        ----> Contact Customer Support <----
        Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
        Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
        Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
        Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

Larger tan the KT one?, or smaller than that?
      • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
        gaevsman wrote: »

Larger tan the KT one?, or smaller than that?

Not that big I don't believe
        Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
        eaY7Xxu.png
      • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,303 Community Moderator
        edited June 2019
        I'm told that the DSC Constitution is 150% the size of the TOS Constitution as far as the game's ship models go.
        GrWzQke.png
        Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
        Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
        Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
        ----> Contact Customer Support <----
        Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
        Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
        Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
        Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
      • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
        edited June 2019
        It's so strange what they are doing with the colors on these ships. The discovery d7 was essentially black (or as dark as the Vengeance) on the show:

Ewv9XPC.jpg

But they have made it drastically lighter for the game:

fc8715c92e8630afe4f9d4d4bf3b59ee1560548030.png

I wonder if CBS is forcing them to change how they look for some reason? It's clearly not the game's graphics, because we already have the Vengeance in game and it's the right black color.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
      • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
        Did they send the Constitution through a Debigulator between 2257 and 2265? ;)
        'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
        Judge Dan Haywood
        'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
        l don't know.
        l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
        That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
        Lt. Philip J. Minns
        I'm told that the DSC Constitution is 150% the size of the TOS Constitution as far as the game's ship models go.

So it's almost the size of the KT then.. isn't?
      • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
        Will existing Connies & D7 ships access the new Disco models?
        XzRTofz.gif
      • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
        > @warmaker001b said:
        > Will existing Connies & D7 ships access the new Disco models?

LOL no.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
      • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
        > @warmaker001b said:
        > Will existing Connies & D7 ships access the new Disco models?

LOL no.

I knew that answer already, but hey, there was a child inside me that was clinging to a dream still :#
        XzRTofz.gif
      • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
        edited June 2019

Ingame, sort of. The ingame Konni is about Galaxy sized, so 600ish metres and the DSC Conni ingame is about 450ish.

In terms of the films/TV, the DSC/TOS Conni (450ish m) is about 100m longer than the KT Conni (360ish m).
        22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
        Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
        JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
        'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
        'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
        '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
        'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
        '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
        artan42 wrote: »

Ingame, sort of. The ingame Konni is about Galaxy sized, so 600ish metres and the DSC Conni ingame is about 450ish.

In terms of the films/TV, the DSC/TOS Conni (450ish m) is about 100m longer than the KT Conni (360ish m).

Ahh, i see, thanks… i'm trying to put the ship in perspective with my other ships… i have the T6 version and the KT, i always found that the KT is too big, and the Temporal too small, so that size is kind of nice, actually… a middle ground..
      • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
        edited June 2019
        ltminns wrote: »
        Did they send the Constitution through a Debigulator between 2257 and 2265? ;)

Despite the "its prime" hype from CBS it is obviously a different ship made with completely different, less efficient technology in a timeline close to but not quite that of the shows produced before ENT, one that requires a ship with the same number of crew and roughly equivalent systems to be over 50% larger just to do the same job.

Or at least a lesser version of the same job anyway. If the weapons and targeting systems were up to TOS standards that "fighter" trick would never have worked for instance.

• artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

Ahh, i see, thanks… i'm trying to put the ship in perspective with my other ships… i have the T6 version and the KT, i always found that the KT is too big, and the Temporal too small, so that size is kind of nice, actually… a middle ground..

If they'd taken the ENT MSD as the scale for the TOS Conni instead of some non-canon figures from a 50 year old book in the first place and taken the actual model scale for the Konni instead of some calculation errors from the Blu-ray special features then, (with a little fudging to make the Konni slightly bigger) you'd be able to mix and match all 8 versions of the Conni together.​​
        22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
        Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
        JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
        'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
        'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
        '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
        'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
        '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
      • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User

If they'd taken the ENT MSD as the scale for the TOS Conni instead of some non-canon figures from a 50 year old book in the first place and taken the actual model scale for the Konni instead of some calculation errors from the Blu-ray special features then, (with a little fudging to make the Konni slightly bigger) you'd be able to mix and match all 8 versions of the Conni together.​​

What "50 year old book" are you talking about? The TOS Enterprise length was officially set by Matt Jefferies which is about as canon as you can get. The old tech manual and deck plans drawn by Franz Joseph and other possibilities for the book you are referring to just used the official canon length from Jefferies for the most part.

Why would the ship need to be bigger anyway? Bigger is not always better. The TOS version was about the same length as an Iowa-class battleship from WWII or a Queen Elizabeth class aircraft carrier from the UK today, and only had about 440 people rattling around in it.

The temporal cold war seems to have done rather extensive damage to the tech level in DSC since it apparently has not advanced as far from the ENT era as the TOS/Cage technology did despite the "cooler" looks. In fact, if you take a very close look at the DSC Enterprise it has a lot of details directly from the ENT era that the TOS Federation obviously left behind sometime before 2245 when their version of the NCC-1701 was built but are still present in the DSC Federation.
      This discussion has been closed.