test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duty officer promotion from the weekend

speedforce73#7331 speedforce73 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
The drop rate to get a ship from the duty officers was ridiculous low, impossibly low. I spent $500 and did not get one t6 ship. I get they had to be rare but that takes it to far and I am disappointed in the amount of gambling from the LOOT boxes cryptic pushes out. There has to be a better way to obtain the ships then spending $1000's of dollars and hope for the best.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    There is. Sell lockbox keys on exchange and buy ship from the exchange with ec.

I haven't done this, but I don't really want any of the lockbox/DOFF ships.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    or the officer packs , but you must have alot lobi so buy lobi ship - sell it ...
  • srbin666srbin666 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    yes sell keys till you get 1 or 1,5 billion for a r&d promo ship anyone wants....
    edited June 2019
    Post edited by srbin666 on
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Probably could have just spent half of that on keys, sold them on the exchange and bought the ship outright. Thank you for supporting the game though !
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Buying from the Exchange is the 100% guaranteed way to get a lock box or promo pack ship.

You should now have enough lobi to get a lobi ship, but you might want to wait for a 20% off sale on the lobi store. Sales happen several times a year.
    edited June 2019
    (Flaming/trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    That's the market price. Many MMOs have a few super-rare, super-expensive items that pay to keep the game running.

No one needs a promo or lock box ship, you can buy ships for 3000 zen or get 3 free a year from the events.

Cryptic gives us all the episode and TFO content for free, compared to $15 a month sub + $40 expansions, but most ships cost money. That's the funding model that players have chosen to support.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    There has to be a better way to obtain the ships then spending $1000's of dollars and hope for the best.

1) earn dil

2) trade for zen

3) use zen to buy lock box keys or R&D promo packs

4) sell those items on the exchange for EC

5) use that EC to buy the ship you want on the exchange

You can get any lock box ship you want without gambling or spending any of your own RL money.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Well... 99% of the time. Its still a little dependant on supply of desired ship.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, to show how supply can affect price. I looked for Larish Pie on the Exchange today. Two postings. One for a single one @ 10,000,000 EC and another for four @ 88,000,000 EC.

Even cavier with gold dust is not that expensive.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • zaccar#5080 zaccar Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    exchange is the way to go for me, got the Vengeance Class for 18million ec, guess the poor guy selling it forgot a zero since the usuall price was around 180 millions
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Holy... wish I was that lucky to spot that... but those get snapped up so fast it ain't even funny.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    valoreah wrote: »
    srbin666 wrote: »
    theese lootboxes should be forbidden

And in doing so, would shut this and many other games down and put a lot of people out of work. Guess that's ok for you?

It's not "all or nothing". If lock boxes went away the games would simply sell the stuff in the store. They would make LESS money, but still LOTS of money. And yeah, they might have to "scale back". Not denying there would be changes, but again presenting an "all or nothing" scenario is unrealistic.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    And just to be clear, I'm not actually advocating for that (the end of boxes). I just don't think it would absolutely mean the game would shut down. But they better figure out how to handle this issue in a better way or someone else is going to handle it for them. It might not be that guy, but someone will. And sometimes it's better if you are the one controlling the change instead of having it forced on you.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited June 2019
    valoreah wrote: »
    It's not "all or nothing". If lock boxes went away the games would simply sell the stuff in the store. They would make LESS money, but still LOTS of money. And yeah, they might have to "scale back". Not denying there would be changes, but again presenting an "all or nothing" scenario is unrealistic.

Never used the phrase "all or nothing" in my post.

I know you didn't. But you said that this game would SHUT DOWN if they got rid of boxes. That is "all"(having boxes) or "nothing"(no game). The quotation marks around "all or nothing" are just me referencing that phrase.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    I prefer the current loot box model to Final Fantasy XIV and WoW's model of $180 per year subscription + $40 per expansion.

In STO all content and 3 ships a year are free, many ships are $30, and some ships are $50 (lobi), $100 (lock box), $250+ (pack) on the exchange.

If you really, really want a Connie, you can buy it with the 2 years of subscription fees you didn't have to pay.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Holy... wish I was that lucky to spot that... but those get snapped up so fast it ain't even funny.

i actually had a spot of luck like that early this morning...someone goofed and posted one of the promo doff packs (i forget exactly which one) for 19k when its normal selling price is around 20m...needless to say, i snapped that up immediately​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.