test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Deep Discounts in the Weekend Event Store!

1235»

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    @duncanidaho11 I agree with your assessment. By "got lucky," I was referring to the originally announced intent to delete Weekend Vouchers as well, but Cryptic did the 180 and reversed that decision.
    The way I remember it, the initial announcement said that these would go away too, but that they had a different plan that would be announced after it was finalized.
    There may come a point where the Featured TFO tokens are retired as well in favor of this system. That may result in a similar situation where residual TFO projects need to be auto-completed and tokens deleted, but it ultimately depends on how they change over to new TFO event schemes and what types of events are included. Stockpiled tokens may not retain their value in perpetuity and it may useful to bank some progress on TFO's you can't participate with in full (or buy out of) in the event you can come back to it later (standard advice regardless) or the system is retired.
    Bort said the current T6 ship voucher was testing a new tech and that it'd get used for other stuff later if it worked right... it could be that SHIP projects will get retired in the future as well.

But wait! that would mean that there would be no event rep projects to slot!

Well, Bort said they were working on revamping Reps in general to make completion less tedious and more "meaningful"... which makes me think he's evaluating options for making daily rep tasks go away. He specifically mentioned that he disliked how 99.99% of the gear drops people get from reps get recycled for EC. He said something about wanting to make these items more desirable and not seen as vendor trash. But he's apparently still working on the details.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you will notice we have a item in the Repution UI for each Reputation that states the number of Elite Marks of that type we have. Pre-cursor to actually removing them as Inventory Items?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Starting this week on PC, and in August on Console, all items in the Weekend Event Store will cost only a single token!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11180023

Okay every item in the WE Store is currently set to zero tokens. I think this is because I never missed a weekend event. The only thing being offered to me are those boxes of 2000 Dil. I kind of wish I could purchase a Phoenix Prize Packs now, because I rather have a few of those rather than around 10,000 Dil.

:/
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    Starting this week on PC, and in August on Console, all items in the Weekend Event Store will cost only a single token!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11180023
    Okay every item in the WE Store is currently set to zero tokens. I think this is because I never missed a weekend event. The only thing being offered to me are those boxes of 2000 Dil. I kind of wish I could purchase a Phoenix Prize Packs now, because I rather have a few of those rather than around 10,000 Dil.

:/
    Same here. I'm just gonna wait and turn them in for phoenix boxes later.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    If you will notice we have a item in the Repution UI for each Reputation that states the number of Elite Marks of that type we have. Pre-cursor to actually removing them as Inventory Items?

I figured it might just be a convenience thing, so you don't have to cross-reference the reputation and your inventory, but ... maybe?

The interesting thing about the Coupon progress is that it is definitely not tracked by any physical items you recieved, it's just stored somewhere. Maybe Event progress in the future will also work like that at some point? You do an event TFO, a progress counter advances. No items anymore.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    ajm1067 wrote: »
    iamynaught wrote: »
    ajm1067 wrote: »
    All this talk of tokens. What I read is no weekend events. Which means no upgrade weekend or dilithium weekend, amongst others.

Nope, this is ALL about the Events that give out Weekend Event Tokens. I'm 99.9% sure we'll still get Dilithium Weekends and Upgrade Weekends.

You may be right, but you are assuming this because of the references to tokens. As far as I am concerned, this announcement states no weekend events and that means no dilithium or upgrade weekend events.

Until I see an official announcement that says otherwise, I will assume no weekend events is all inclusive.

Weekend events like Red Alerts, Dilithium Weekends, Bonus Coupon Weekends, Junior Officer Weekends, etc will NOT be going away.

Thank you!
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Some items in the event store still cost 3 tokens. When I look to buy.
    1kltX02.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Hint: Don't waste your leftovers on dil ore boxes. After they retire the store you can trade leftover tokens for phoenix boxes which are worth more.
  • mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Well, Bort said they were working on revamping Reps in general to make completion less tedious and more "meaningful"... which makes me think he's evaluating options for making daily rep tasks go away. He specifically mentioned that he disliked how 99.99% of the gear drops people get from reps get recycled for EC. He said something about wanting to make these items more desirable and not seen as vendor trash. But he's apparently still working on the details.

Well, let me go on record in that I have to say that the RNG for the box drops for hourly and daily rep were complete dross and I never saw the want to try to collect a set through gambling.

Take for example the Terran Reputation System for Withering Phasers. If I had to rely on boxes in daily and hourly for the same in T6 opened up the space set for just one I would rather spend time finding another game to play -- like Path of Exile who has an even wider range of RNG for missions and Atlas of Worlds than STO ever could.

My theory was if T6 grinding opened up the alternate set -- then it should have also opened up all the items in the store that show up for the boxes. I'm not going to waste my time grinding out reputation missions for the reputation currency to play the gambling game like some old person in Vegas. I have better things to do with my time, effort and whatever currency I collect.

But no, Cryptic went full out ham on Loot Boxes and I just did the non-gambling parts of the game to my heart's content. Anything dropped from boxes.. If it's not the special item required for the rep building, it was worth EC alone.

He can work it out to his heart's content. My advice -- get rid of the all the Loot tables for Hourly and Daily Rep Boxes and you might see more value to it. Make it worthwhile to work on the reputation instead of giving us more drek gambling options which we get every three months with a new loot box that only master keys can open.
    And it's pretty ridiculous that about four or five of the Reps give out mostly Rare drops even from T4 and T5.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lexers615#4253 lexers615 Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    ltminns wrote: »
    And it's pretty ridiculous that about four or five of the Reps give out mostly Rare drops even from T4 and T5.
    Exactly! A few weeks ago I started grinding 8 of my toons to reach tier VI in all rep and as a result they all must stick near a vendor buying those at 50% if I don't want to drain out my ECs too fast.

I have to admit that once every 40 or so items I get a keeper matching, making me save 6k dil on the reputation store, for example a very rare Plasma compression Pistol mark XII [DMG]x2 [Proc]for my Reman/Romulan toons, or the first five very rare Mk XII Nukara EV suits. But that also means I'm New Romulus item vendor most steady supplier selling them all sort of unwanted junk that he/she somehow manage to resale.
    Well, let me go on record in that I have to say that the RNG for the box drops for hourly and daily rep were complete dross and I never saw the want to try to collect a set through gambling.
    AFAIK they can't drop set pieces. Which is part of why people see them as vendor trash. They drop usable gear, but it's seen as inferior to other options.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited June 2019
    Elite Marks are always welcome. Seeing too much Mk XI stuff as well.

It was nice at the beginning of the Discovery Rep that they had 'inadvertantly' allowed you to salvage the equipment. But alas, not to be. Strange, they let you sell off these 'gifts' to your local Bartender, but Zeus forbid you can should be able to get some useful components from them.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    AFAIK they can't drop set pieces. Which is part of why people see them as vendor trash. They drop usable gear, but it's seen as inferior to other options.

Oh I knew this and accepted it... The problem is that when it came to the Terran Task Force Set -- one that I readily recall as I recently grinded it out for my Rom Toon -- is that the Withering Phasers are not in the store and can only be obtained through drop boxes. But the set at T6 allows you to choose either the Disruptor or Phaser (Beam or Cannons) to complete the set.

As it stands the store only provides Withering Disruptor, which to me is falling back on the gambling for making a phaser set that I don't want to participate in. My luck might be good for many things, unfortunately it's not good in gambling.

The same goes for the Iconian weapons.
    Oh I knew this and accepted it... The problem is that when it came to the Terran Task Force Set -- one that I readily recall as I recently grinded it out for my Rom Toon -- is that the Withering Phasers are not in the store and can only be obtained through drop boxes. But the set at T6 allows you to choose either the Disruptor or Phaser (Beam or Cannons) to complete the set.

As it stands the store only provides Withering Disruptor, which to me is falling back on the gambling for making a phaser set that I don't want to participate in. My luck might be good for many things, unfortunately it's not good in gambling.

The same goes for the Iconian weapons.
    Terran task force only lets you chose damage type for the set piece... period. the daily boxes won't drop the alternate damage type at all.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • thatsgottahurtthatsgottahurt Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »
    there will be no weekend event for those of us who do not have extra and were not able to obtain certain items

^this
    I am pretty P.O.d about this. I have partial sets from the weekend event store. I have no more tokens, and so I will never be able to complete those sets.

Who's stupid idea was this? How about making all those items available in some other way, like paying Dil or EC or Lobi?

As a subscriber with 7 characters and lots of money spent on all of them, this is really pissing me off.
    I don't care what you do with the weekend event store, but make the set items still available somehow.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    tomilak wrote: »
    there will be no weekend event for those of us who do not have extra and were not able to obtain certain items

^this
    I am pretty P.O.d about this. I have partial sets from the weekend event store. I have no more tokens, and so I will never be able to complete those sets.

Who's stupid idea was this? How about making all those items available in some other way, like paying Dil or EC or Lobi?

As a subscriber with 7 characters and lots of money spent on all of them, this is really pissing me off.
    I don't care what you do with the weekend event store, but make the set items still available somehow.

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE

You haven't really been paying attention, have you? Those items will be going into the Phoenix Store.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.