test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulan Wish List

jhawranickjhawranick Member Posts: 11 Arc User
Since Romulans became playable, I have found some things "wanting" where RP is concerned.
1. On-ship tailors - actually these would be nice for any faction, maybe a console in the captain's quarters
2. D7/K'tinga/Koro paintjobs with BOP decal
3. Trophy room/shelves
4. Bridges, especially the T'liss as seen in Balance of Terror
5. Maybe some TOS doffs, maybe holographic Mark Leonard or Joanne Linville characters

I know some of these have been brought up before. Never hurts to "bump" the topic though.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    jhawranick wrote: »
    Since Romulans became playable, I have found some things "wanting" where RP is concerned.
    1. On-ship tailors - actually these would be nice for any faction, maybe a console in the captain's quarters
    As a Costume Fiend... I wouldn't mind seeing this.
    2. D7/K'tinga/Koro paintjobs with BOP decal
    Maybe if they allowed Romulans to have that particular ship. Only way right now is to play KDF, and only have access to the T2 battlecruiser. Maybe the Fleet T5 as well. As far as I know, Cryptic has no plans to release the Romulan variant to players.
    3. Trophy room/shelves
    As the default Romulan bridge is pretty static, I wouldn't mind. Problem is we haven't gotten any new trophies to display for years now.
    4. Bridges, especially the T'liss as seen in Balance of Terror
    Wouldn't mind seeing this option available. Same with maybe a Klingon D7 bridge. However Bridges don't sell well, and haven't for some time. The last for sale bridge we got was the full TNG Galaxy interior... for 2k Zen. The map is beautiful... but it doesn't really justify the price for just an interior alone. Every other interior came in a bundle with other things.
    5. Maybe some TOS doffs, maybe holographic Mark Leonard or Joanne Linville characters
    Who knows.

db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jhawranickjhawranick Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Who knows.

Yeah. It is just a wish list, although I bet a good half of these could be as simple as toggled updates. I would think you'd need a KDF-aligned Rommie for the D7 variants, but including the ships (isn't there a T6 version?) should be no different than an unlock. Same with bridges. The paintjob would need an artist. People have griped about trophy cases and interiors since LoR to no avail. My guess is the tailor will get the same attention. But, never hurts to ask. A few years back, there was a contest to design DOFFs, so making new ones shouldn't be hard.

Thank you for your input. You've given me something to think about.
    There is a T6 D7, however it is Klingon ONLY. Romulans get the T6 Temporal T'Liss.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    It would be nice to get a Khenn-class Romulan battlecruiser, which is just a D7 with a Rom paintjob. If that were available, it might actually tempt me to purchase the 23rd-century Romulan uniforms, to play a time-displaced Rihannsu commander (similar to Kirrk, my 23c Klink - used the 23c head and the best imitation of the correct uniform I could make).
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    jonsills wrote: »
    It would be nice to get a Khenn-class Romulan battlecruiser, which is just a D7 with a Rom paintjob. If that were available, it might actually tempt me to purchase the 23rd-century Romulan uniforms, to play a time-displaced Rihannsu commander (similar to Kirrk, my 23c Klink - used the 23c head and the best imitation of the correct uniform I could make).

For some reason (possibly some licensing nonsense, though probably modeling expense) STO seems to be staying away from any D-7 variant except for the K't'inga which would not be particularly canon for the Romulan Stormbirds. Still, it would be nice to have that sticker (and maybe even material) option even if it is on a K't'inga since the Romulans have so few ships compared to the main factions.

One background question that brings up though is whether they would be 'warp core' or 'singularity core' (which could be part of the reluctance to include them since it could be seen as an IP issue of some sort). On the other hand, if it is considered a conversion of more than just mounted weapons (like the Romulans experimenting with breaking the ship away from a dependence on expensive for Romulans to get dilithium crystals) they could use the same 3D model for two very different ships performance and systems wise.

Also, if it was an open Romulan choice it means that some of the ships would end up in Federation-aligned Romulan hands which CBS seems to have a problem with for some reason.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    We have a Republic ship in Z-store that IS Warp core enabled. The Silik cruiser.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    A few more costumes would be really nice, the Republic uniform only has 2 variations would be nice to see one or two more. Also a few more hair styles.

C-store Carrier would be fantastic as well as a C-store TOS looking ship.
  • qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    I wish we'd start getting ships, again...
  • rickvic#6033 rickvic Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    Also just a simple thing, rework the skins on the romulan ships because a lot of them look like trash on a lot of romulan ships
  • jhawranickjhawranick Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Also, if it was an open Romulan choice it means that some of the ships would end up in Federation-aligned Romulan hands which CBS seems to have a problem with for some reason.

It would have to be KDF-aligned, don't you think? The Fed makes little sense. Of course, they could throw FED-aligned Rommies something nice, maybe something T3 (or whatever the D7 is). I wouldn't mind it being a Zen purchase either, just something to represent the technology crossover historically.
  • huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    How about giving Roms a real faction of their own. New Romulus is also a disaster, after having YEARS to get that place in order they haven't completed any infrastructure or development. The Romulan Republic is clearly the laziest bunch of Roms ever, what a disgrace. If Sela was still in charge I bet things would be different.
    3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    New Romulus REALLY does need some kind of makeover. New ships and costume options would be nice too.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    huijian wrote: »
    How about giving Roms a real faction of their own. New Romulus is also a disaster, after having YEARS to get that place in order they haven't completed any infrastructure or development. The Romulan Republic is clearly the laziest bunch of Roms ever, what a disgrace. If Sela was still in charge I bet things would be different.
    Technically speaking, the entire timespan of STO takes place over just slightly over 2 years.

New Romulus has only existed for around slightly over half a year of that.
    to put in this into perspective, the romulan character tutorial happens in january 2409 and we're now in 2410 or early 2411 at the very latest.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They need to purge the slackers in the Staging Area and get some Romulans willing to work in there. I'm tired of admonishing them. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Technically speaking, the entire timespan of STO takes place over just slightly over 2 years.

to put in this into perspective, the romulan character tutorial happens in january 2409 and we're now in 2410 or early 2411 at the very latest.
    also the facilities on Mol'Rihan got built during that time period since one of the early Rom missions sees you go to the planet to decide IF they can build there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User

also the facilities on Mol'Rihan got built during that time period since one of the early Rom missions sees you go to the planet to decide IF they can build there.
    Indeed people tend to forget that ingame that much time hasn't passed.
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited June 2019

Indeed people tend to forget that ingame that much time hasn't passed.

I think it's because the in game timeline makes no sense, so much has happened in the briefest period of time. How many threats has Starfleet suddenly faced, researched and developed counter equipment and ships, gotten that equipment built and distributed than defeated the threat in the span of like.. a year?
    The whole timeline is nonsense in it's purest form.

The Dominion war took 2 years in DS9, if it was in STO we'd encounter the Dominion, fight them than beat them in the span of 3 weeks
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    They need to purge the slackers in the Staging Area and get some Romulans willing to work in there. I'm tired of admonishing them. ;)

Agreed. I've stopped admonishing them and just leave them be and do other, more important things. Like fixing stuff they can't be bothered with and picking reports up that they scatter all over creation.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    jagdtier44 wrote: »
    The Dominion war took 2 years in DS9...

The full on shooting war maybe, however there was a state of cold war established right after they destroyed USS Odyssey in 2370.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    Yes. The Iconian assault on New Romulus and the area around the city went completely unnoticed by the workers or maybe they're rebuilding the damage from the war. I dunno. The game's timeline makes little sense to me.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Maybe the uniform they had during DS9 and Voyager.
    Romulan Nemesis/Enterprise uniform
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    My primary want is a Warbird equivalent of the Miracle Worker Battlecruisers (Gagarin/Qugh.)

Give me a Miracle Worker Warbird with a 5/3 layout and I'll stop complaining.. for now. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    if they could fix, the problem of the boff allegiance. half the time, a romulan boff bought in the exchange doesn't belong to the good faction, and can't wear the good uniform.

+ a new uniform (modern this time) with no glitches. they could redo the romulan adventure zone which is a little bit crappy. the environment is nice but the missions wow! boring. Or they can use as an excuse the reconstruction of the colony on the planet virinat, to add new missions and a special mission for winning 1 of those big flying khellids. that would be cool to have this flying khellid as a combat pet :p

+ a bat, for my reman toon. :D
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    Yes, we're all living in hyperaccelerated time. (I have a headcanon about the actual date, but of course that doesn't affect Word of God from the devs.)

I can think of one more thing I'd love to see for Romulans - a better color palette. Why does everything the Republic does have to be in shades of pastel? Why not some good bold colors for our Roms?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    I thought the first official note of 2410 was around the Solanae Arc...
    Yea... they REALLY need to make it more clear.
This discussion has been closed.