test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

E3 2019 Coverage

starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
edited June 2019 in Ten Forward
Cyberpunk 2077 has just revealed new content, its release date, and a cameo from Keanu Reeves. The release date is April 16, 2020 so unfortunately it won't be available this decade.

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    and that's your whole coverage?! ^^

Obviously E3 has just started. This thread is not about just my coverage, but everyone's coverage of what they think is interesting in E3.
    For the Bethesda E3 show, there was no news about Starfield or Elder Scrolls 6, news about updates to existing games like Fallout 76 finally getting human npcs and dialogue choices similar to Fallout 3 not Fallout 4, a few new games being released, and a new game streaming system called Orion.

The new games are Ghostwire Tokyo which is a modern take of Japanese Mythology where a ton of people are vanishing for some unknown reason, Commander Keen for the Android and iPhone which has the children of the original Commander Keen from the 90s, a Wolfenstein VR game, a new Wolfenstein game featuring Blazkowicz's children trying to find their dad, Deathloop which seems to be a Edge of Tomorrow game with some Dishonoured elements, and Doom Eternal.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Ghostwire Tokyo was an interesting presentation since the devs doing the presentation were native Japanese speakers, and the lady who did most of it had English that was ~90% understandable. She was entertaining though :p

Also they announced a battle Royale mode for FO76. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Ghostwire Tokyo was an interesting presentation since the devs doing the presentation were native Japanese speakers, and the lady who did most of it had English that was ~90% understandable. She was entertaining though :p

It is definitely an interesting game and she was definitely entertaining and cute. Battle Royale is definitely not my thing, but it would be interesting to see what happens when someone becomes Overseer.

I was most surprised by the Commander Keen mobile game since I last played it when my family had a monochrome monitor.

Deathloop looks interesting since Arkane Studios is making a game based off of the respawn mechanic.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    the battle royale thing sounds like a 76 version of the TRIBBLE PvP emperor system in ESO​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    the battle royale thing sounds like a 76 version of the TRIBBLE PvP emperor system in ESO​​
    Please, tell me more. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    I STILL don't understand the Battle Royale shtick...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I STILL don't understand the Battle Royale shtick...
    It's fun for some people. But only people who like PvP.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Yea... I don't really like PvP.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    starkaos wrote: »

It is definitely an interesting game and she was definitely entertaining and cute. Battle Royale is definitely not my thing, but it would be interesting to see what happens when someone becomes Overseer.

I was most surprised by the Commander Keen mobile game since I last played it when my family had a monochrome monitor.

Deathloop looks interesting since Arkane Studios is making a game based off of the respawn mechanic.

sadly you get nothing for becoming overseer, I was my first try. mostly though luck, and as to prove it I think I was the first one to die my second time, got a lot of exp for the new nuclear winter leveling track and an achievement.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    sadly you get nothing for becoming overseer
    You don't become Overseer by winning the match, you become overseer by increasing your rank which gives you new perk cards, new camp options, new cosmetics, and lets you start using the terminals and holotapes in the Vault to unlock the story.

really? well then the win screen lied to me.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    I know this maybe a little sacrosanct on this thread but Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order looked pretty good, kind of like Uncharted in a way. I for one can't wait for Outer Worlds from Obsidian, a Space RPG similar to classic Fallout which btw Obsidian made and Bethesda bought the IP.

However what we really need is a good Star Trek console game....not VR but a top down stand alone story driven RPG Star Trek Game that's not an MMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
    I don't think we've had a Star Trek RPG like that before. At least not one that wasn't tabletop. We've had shooters and Strategy, but no RPGs that I can think of.
    jake477 wrote: »
    I know this maybe a little sacrosanct on this thread but Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order looked pretty good, kind of like Uncharted in a way. I for one can't wait for Outer Worlds from Obsidian, a Space RPG similar to classic Fallout which btw Obsidian made and Bethesda bought the IP.

I will buy it on the Windows Store or wait for it to come out on Steam before I ever buy it on the Epic Games Store. I have absolutely no problem with buying a game from a publisher's store, but I do have a problem with an unrelated company restricting access to games to their computer game store. If Half-Life 3 came out and restricted access to only Steam or Cyberpunk 2077 came out and restricted access to only GOG, then I would have absolutely zero problem with them.
    jake477 wrote: »
    I know this maybe a little sacrosanct on this thread but Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order looked pretty good, kind of like Uncharted in a way.
    Or Titanfall, because it's made by them.
    I don't think we've had a Star Trek RPG like that before. At least not one that wasn't tabletop. We've had shooters and Strategy, but no RPGs that I can think of.
    There have been action/adventure games.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    O_O'''
    Assassin's Creed.....

ASSASSIN'S CREEED?!?!?!? has a Foundry ?!?!?! NOW!?!?!?!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Or Titanfall, because it's made by them.
    There have been action/adventure games.

Recently?
    Maybe DS9: The Fallen. Before that... I think it was either the SNES games or 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Maybe DS9: The Fallen. Before that... I think it was either the SNES games or 25th Anniversary and Judgement Rites.

That were adventure games, weren't they? Oh, wait the SNES game might not be the same as the PC game... I remember seeing a video of a port or something like that and thinking this isn't what the game I remember from PC looked like.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    Well... the TNG game's away team missions were top down, while DS9 was mostly a side scroller.
    TNG was Future's Past, while DS9 was Crossroads. Can find videos on YouTube.
    There was also apparently a Starfleet Academy game for SNES. That's probably the one you're thinking of when comparing to PC.