test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WTF PWE?: Crystalline Cataclysm

tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
I just went into CCA with my alt running a T'laru, and was thoroughly unable to move at all once it started. And wound up with an AFK penalty when it ended in one minute. ALL WHILE TRYING TO GET MY FRIGGING SHIP TO MOVE AN INCH. Thanks a heap.

Anyone else get this problem?​​
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Most likely lag caused by everyone getting on for the event?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    It literally showed the throttle at full and responding to full impulse on and off, when I was doing it repeatedly doing it, just.. didn't move the ship from its spot.​​
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Lag can do that. Don't know what else it could be. First day of an event, especially right after a patch, tends to be a bit laggy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    The situation (throttle reacting ship not) is indeed most probably lag, on either side or via the connection. The "throttle" display probably is client side only, so you can change at will, but if your PC doesn't tell the server or vice versa, your ship won't move (or won't look like it's moving. In longer queues I had the effect that I in fact moved and suddenly I was beamed to the other side of the map because serverside I was going full throttle all along.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    happened to me once during an event/que in the past. had to eat the afk penalty and so I went and played some other game.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »
    I just went into CCA with my alt running a T'laru, and was thoroughly unable to move at all once it started. And wound up with an AFK penalty when it ended in one minute. ALL WHILE TRYING TO GET MY FRIGGING SHIP TO MOVE AN INCH. Thanks a heap.

If that happens you have to reslot your ships engines. Yes also when already an engine is slotted.
  • boldlygoing2boldlygoing2 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I had this problem in CE, but don't think it was lag - everything else was behaving normally around me, the ship was just refusing to turn properly.

I also found on the ground I can't move in any direction using my direction control keys now without rolling every few seconds - anyone have any suggestions for that, or have we added some new bugs with the latest patch?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I'm going to make a comment that a particular poster will inevitably make here, 'Absolutely no issue at all, never seen it'.

But surely, I ran Crystalline and SB1 Advanced last night (EDT) and did not have a lag.

And don't call me Shirley! :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Mild rubber banding at the start and the usual pregnant pause around the 90-95% point on the loading screen. Other than that things have been ok, with the exception of that awful static effect lasting an entire round.

Better experience than the PS4's event though where every single time the akaaaaaar fight starts up the game nose dives because the volume of spam on screen wasn't reduced to compensate for the specs of the console.
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Lag/Rubberbanding/Disconnects/Powertray misfiring is true endgame content.

Being able to play through all that is the difference between being a no name Captain stationed in some unimportant backwater part of the Federation or a Legendary Captain whose mere name makes hostile aliens pee their pants and run.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    I'm going to make a comment that a particular poster will inevitably make here, 'Absolutely no issue at all, never seen it'.

Timing is the secret of great comedy.

I've had some minor lag in CC, but I put that down to visual effect and AoE spamming. It's been more freezing and continuing than rubberbanding or being stuck in place. Quite normal really.

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User

But surely, I ran Crystalline and SB1 Advanced last night (EDT) and did not have a lag.

Absolutely no issue at all, never seen . . . D'OH!

I've never run into this particular issue, but I can recall many other exciting gameplay innovations over the years like when the loadout bug un-equipped my shields and weapons at the start of joining a queue, and other times when it removed all my powers from the tray. That was fun.
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Happened to me too. "lag"/connectivity issue in my case. (I don't know where - my side/other side/somewhere in the middle and am not an expert. but definitely had connectivity issues.)

For me it's sometimes as if ship or char twitches, sometimes it's otherwise rubberbanding or being stuck otherwise. Sometimes also SNR appear or slow login process, or even DCs. It's not only you.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Lag happens.

Protip: Switch toons or leave the game before the mission ends and wait long enough to relog on that character that it doesn't put you back in. It only gives "AFK" penalty to peeps who are in at the moment the mission is won. Even if you get "leaver" penalty for doing that, it's much shorter.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

I'll never be over Macho Grande.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Our next promotion will be to Mucho Grande Almirante. ;)

Simon:
    Gentlemen, I'd like you to meet your captain, Captain Oveur.

Clarence Oveur:
    Gentlemen, welcome aboard.

Simon:
    Captain, your navigator, Mr. Unger, and your first officer, Mr. Dunn.

Clarence Oveur:
    Unger.

Unger:
    Oveur.

Dunn:
    Oveur.

Clarence Oveur:
    Dunn. Gentlemen, let's get to work.

Simon:
    Unger, didn't you serve under Oveur in the Air Force?

Unger:
    Not directly. Technically, Dunn was under Oveur and I was under Dunn.

Dunn:
    Yep.

Simon:
    So, Dunn, you were under Oveur and over Unger.

Unger:
    Yep.

Clarence Oveur:
    That's right. Dunn was over Unger and I was over Dunn.

Unger:
    So, you see, both Dunn and I were under Oveur, even though I was under Dunn.

Clarence Oveur:
    Dunn was over Unger, and I was over Dunn. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Sounds like what I call "lag paralysis". It's kinda like backwards rubber banding... your client is sending commands, and they ARE getting received, but your clients isn't getting notified of the change to your status properly so it looks to you as if your actions are being ignored, but they really aren't.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Sounds like what I call "lag paralysis". It's kinda like backwards rubber banding... your client is sending commands, and they ARE getting received, but your clients isn't getting notified of the change to your status properly so it looks to you as if your actions are being ignored, but they really aren't.

I can understand this being a possibility, except in my case I found that combining the mouse with the direction keys allowed me to manage some degree of turning where the keys alone gave vitually none. If it was lag related, wouldn't it be the case that the control method used shouldn't make a difference?

The other thing I mentioned ealier, with a character on the ground constantly rolling when moving, I seem to remember something about that cropping up as a bug some time ago - out of interest does anyone remember if this was the case? Cheers
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User

I can understand this being a possibility, except in my case I found that combining the mouse with the direction keys allowed me to manage some degree of turning where the keys alone gave vitually none. If it was lag related, wouldn't it be the case that the control method used shouldn't make a difference?

The other thing I mentioned ealier, with a character on the ground constantly rolling when moving, I seem to remember something about that cropping up as a bug some time ago - out of interest does anyone remember if this was the case? Cheers

I already answered what to do when this happens. Had this several times in teh past too.
    totenmet wrote: »

If that happens you have to reslot your ships engines. Yes also when already an engine is slotted.

I already answered what to do when this happens. Had this several times in teh past too.

Tried reslotting the engines on 7 different characters that I'm running through it - no effect I'm afraid.
This discussion has been closed.