test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Agents of Yesterday Battle of Caleb IV

joe3871joe3871 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
I just replayed this mission today (June 6, 2019). I have a level 65 character. I found most of the ship scaling to be good, but when you board Kor's command ship, you are at Lvl 9, while all the Klingons were at lvl 56. They kept 1 shot killing me.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    This mission seems to be suffering from the level scaling being off that afflicted Step Between The Stars until it was fixed in today's patch.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I believe people have reported scaling problems on replay for a few of the TOS Missions.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • garrettnormangarrettnorman Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I'm getting the same thing. Also, when you leave the ship. I was Level 9 and most of the ships where. But Kor's and a few of the raiders weren't. Barely managed to finish it.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    Yup, reported this scaling issue for several of the TOS-era missions myself a long time ago.
    It's most noticable in Battle at Caleb IV and the one at K-13, where the Na'kuhl ship is level 65 whilst you get scaled down to level 9 or so.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I replayed The Battle of Caleb IV mission on my Temporal Agent last night on the TOS faction to get one of my BOFFs an upgraded weapon and it is still bugged. My character is scaled to level 9 (He is actually max level which is Level 65) while the other is many levels above me like Kor and even the Klingon starships at Level 56. I died multiple times excluding the time you have to die because of the nature of the mission. It is that way until around the end where the Klingon starships are scaled to your level or show up as 0 and the final battle in space before encountering Daniels and then present ESD. I will continue to wait patiently for a fix.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    sthe91 wrote: »
    ...even the Klingon starships at Level 56.
    Remember, that number you see beside an enemy health bar is their level relative to you.
    You, scaled to level 9, see level 56. But that's 56 levels above you, hence 56+9=65 -- lo and behold, the enemies are your real level and not scaled at all.

We've been reporting this issue since the TOS-era was added to the game, but still no sign of a fix.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/