test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it possible to breed tribbles that tolerate Klingons?

toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
I find tribbles can be a handy item for my crew and myself to keep in inventory. They can provide
healing buffs among other things and fill that items slot with something not consumed on use. I do
however have a Klingon ship and even two Klingons on my Federation crew. Is it possible to breed a
tribble that tolerates them that they can use to some benefit besides "tribble-kabobs"?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Best Answer

Answers

• toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Actually, all tribbles that I'm aware of HATE Klingons... So Klingons can't benefit from them unless there
    is a breed that tolerates them. I'm trying to find out if there is. Thanks though.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Zen store tribbles maybe? Those might tolerate the shellheads. :)
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Do Klingons actually not get the buff? I thought it was merely a animation/sound that expresses the Klingon-Tribble relation, but the buff should still apply
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • toddjohnson100toddjohnson100 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Nope. I checked on that. Klingons don't benefit from tribble buffs. And
    yes, tribbles react heavily to being held by a Klingon.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I am fairly sure I get the boni from the unique promo tribbles on my klingons. Maybe those are special?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    Special tribbles work for klingons. Regular ones don't.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Tribble
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    What warpangel said. Purple or better special tribbles work with Klingons.

If they shriek when held by Klingons they won't work. If they purr when held by Klingons they work.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    I don't remember exactly what the Kelvin tribbles are classified as but I think they also work with klingons.
    Yes, any special tribble like that works. The lolwut tribbles work, any purple or better tribble will work with Klingons.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    And just in case you don't know what a lolwut tribble is, it's the tribble you can breed by feeding any tribble some Risian food. They're used for a speed boost on the floaters during the Summer Event and then you get other boosts during the off season.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

If they shriek when held by Klingons they won't work. If they purr when held by Klingons they work.

The Radan Tribble, an epic special tribble, screams if a Klingon uses it.

+5 Dilithium (max once per hour)
    +2.5% All energy damage for 3,600 sec
    +2.5% Maximum shield capacity for 3,600 sec
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User

isn't that an older one, IIRC some older special tribbles still don't work on klingons because they were made before the change but those are exception rather then the rule.

• wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

isn't that an older one, IIRC some older special tribbles still don't work on klingons because they were made before the change but those are exception rather then the rule.

So, there are special special tribbles, like double secret super probation.

It actually sounds like the other way around - tribbles, even special tribbles, that work with Klingons are the exception.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Some Tribbles also don't react to well to Gorn from what I've seen.
    Although I can't actually test it myself as I have an Orion. Tribbles like Orion women. B)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    risian tribble doesn't scream, but I don't know if the bonus work
    risian tribble doesn't scream, but I don't know if the bonus work

Yes, it will. Just look at your character icon, the bonuses will be there.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    edited June 2019
    My Klingon can actually use the Radan tribble she got from the phoenix box. Here's an image of her with both the radan buff and the risian tribble buff. It's been awhile since I played her, but she can pet the radan tribble and it purrs.

f1r0vDS.jpg
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    I did a little experiment with my Fed Klingon. I had her pet a normal tribble and it screeched with no buffs/heals. Then I had her pet her radan tribble and it purred, giving her the buff as well.

So if a radan tribble screeches at a Klingon, it might be the earlier one that was given out as the Tribble Test Server reward. The description on the wiki says that radan tribbles do not fear Klingons.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • drcybertronic5drcybertronic5 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    what about cannibal tribble for klingon - they bite :)
    Cannibal tribbles will bite anyone who pets it. Their only use is to turn normal/uncommon tribbles to carcasses for Klingons to turn in.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • drcybertronic5drcybertronic5 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Klingon would love that, challenge the Tribble to fight when it bites them :)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

So, there are special special tribbles, like double secret super probation.

It actually sounds like the other way around - tribbles, even special tribbles, that work with Klingons are the exception.

Nah most "special" tribbles work fine on klingons, it's just some earlier ones (as in 1 or 2) that were made before that change that don't.

That's why I said that special tribbles that fear/dislike klingons are the exception, if there's a new special tribble you can assume it's work on all races.
    And the radan tribble from the phoenix box works with Klingons.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    IDIC
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    The triolic tribbles seem to work too.
    Ah, I thought they would eat rares too, but wasn't entirely sure. I did know they didn't eat the purple-epic ones.

Thank you for correcting me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    5 out of my 6 chars are KDF and got special tribbles on all and they work (Gorn, Nausicaan, Romulan, Reman, JH on KDF)

that said, best tribble is cannibal tribble :p

Tribble buffs are too small anyways
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Yeah, all my toons have cannibals in the inventory in case I accidentally pick up a tribble without noticing. Buffs aren't worth it except for the summer event buff, which helps you get more lolwuts during the icon hunt and win biathlon.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
This discussion has been closed.