test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

best dabo ever?

binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
is 15k max what we can get? i think its more but i dont remember... also did every field here had dabo?
daboooo.png
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Congrats. Now if there was actually something to do with that GPL....
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    The most i've ever hit is 200k and I've only ever done that twice in the 6 years i've been playing.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The most you can win on a single line is 200,000. The most you can win on all three combined is 400,000.
  • Options
    Congrats. Now if there was actually something to do with that GPL....
    People seem to find something to spend it on

There are obviously some things to buy with GPL. However, since the graphs don't have any numbers and aren't to scale, the only useful data in them is for seeing how the income and spending have changed over time, not how much of the produced GPL has been used.

Like, that big jump in the income graph is the ferengi admiralty.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The best thing you can buy with GPL is also cheap @ 100. The Party Nullifier.

When the Ferengi Admiralty Campaign first released they were giving out GPL in the tens even hundred of thousands. People were waiting for Cryptic to put new stuff into the GPL Store. They didn't and cut the GPL rewards hundreds to thousands of percent.

Who knows why, unless they needed the GPL to coat all those GPL Plated Ferengi Nagus Marauders they gave away. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    binebane wrote: »
    is 15k max what we can get? i think its more but i dont remember... also did every field here had dabo?
    daboooo.png

I have seen someone grab 100k from a dabo game at quark. No screenshots though. Sorry.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    One time me and two friends while on Risa managed to get 15k each, not at the same time mind you but close.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    and aren't to scale.
    Says who? Both begin and end using the same time periods.
    Until the admiralty bump, the spending graph is consistently far higher than the income graph. Since it's impossible for more GPL to be spent than produced, they can't be on the same scale.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Unless one of the 2 graphs is on a logarithmic scale or something similar while the other isn't, we can conclude the following:

The rate of latinum gain since Ferengi Admiralty is very uniform so it seems light a straight line -the differences between individual missions and players average out rather quickly.

The more latinum people earn, the more they spend. It seems to be a proportional relationship. My guess would be that the spending is just a tiny fraction, however. Still, it's a fun idea that once people started earning a lot of latinum, they checked to see if there was something to do with it.

I wonder if the tiny dip in the Latinum gain and spending is related to a specific event for all players - like they reach Tier 10 in the campaign and now split their attention between Klingon and Ferengi Admiralty (like I do) and that leads to a slightly different curve?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Here's my best ever. I'm just happy that I had the presence of mind to smash the "Prt Scr" button.

G8bNvUp.png
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    My FTP main scored 100k while doing the 'Win 3000 gpl playing Dabo' just last week.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    My FTP main scored 100k while doing the 'Win 3000 gpl playing Dabo' just last week.

I saw the 100k dabo on Thursday so perhaps i witnessed your lucky moment.
    @salazarraze
    @echatty
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »

When the Ferengi Admiralty Campaign first released they were giving out GPL in the tens even hundred of thousands. People were waiting for Cryptic to put new stuff into the GPL Store. They didn't and cut the GPL rewards hundreds to thousands of percent.

Who knows why, unless they needed the GPL to coat all those GPL Plated Ferengi Nagus Marauders they gave away. ;)

It is interesting though. Let's think about where you can spend GPL:

a) Party amplifiers and nullifiers
    b) Vanity statues on ships
    c) Sunglasses on Risa
    d) instead of ec at the Dabo table
    e) some doff assignments
    f) holographic projectors

(did I forget something?)

The big ones are (b) and (c) (dunno whether the Risa vendor is available outside the event) but they're also more or less one offs - once you have the stuff, you don't need to buy it anymore. They could explain a spike but not a somewhat proportional continuous rise. (a) in my opinion also has limited use once you got a certain stack of what you want. So in my opinion it must be down to (d), (e), and (f). But all of these have limited costs and their drawbacks: Doff missions mostly give out commodities (or more GPL) and have to compete for the limited spots with more useful assignments, so I argue that in the long run only "Barter GPL for Contraband" is a viable option - potentially hidden behind 4 loading screens if you need to get to DS9 and back out. (f) - well, I don't see them that often and unless you're very dedicated you'll probably only use them occasionally when you're seen. So I think the best explanation is (d) for dabo being responsible for quite a share of the rise. But even with loads of players using dabo to wait off cooldowns on TFOs - and are there even that many? - with a spending limit of 600 GPL per minute and player it can't be that huge a sum. So I guess the question about missing y axis numbers comes into play: while the proportionality is interesting, I guess that the numbers on both graphs are apart on orders of magnitude which may be "because reasons" not to display them.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    xyquarze wrote: »
    ltminns wrote: »

It is interesting though. Let's think about where you can spend GPL:

a) Party amplifiers and nullifiers
    b) Vanity statues on ships
    c) Sunglasses on Risa
    d) instead of ec at the Dabo table
    e) some doff assignments
    f) holographic projectors

(did I forget something?)

The big ones are (b) and (c) (dunno whether the Risa vendor is available outside the event) but they're also more or less one offs - once you have the stuff, you don't need to buy it anymore. They could explain a spike but not a somewhat proportional continuous rise. (a) in my opinion also has limited use once you got a certain stack of what you want. So in my opinion it must be down to (d), (e), and (f). But all of these have limited costs and their drawbacks: Doff missions mostly give out commodities (or more GPL) and have to compete for the limited spots with more useful assignments, so I argue that in the long run only "Barter GPL for Contraband" is a viable option - potentially hidden behind 4 loading screens if you need to get to DS9 and back out. (f) - well, I don't see them that often and unless you're very dedicated you'll probably only use them occasionally when you're seen. So I think the best explanation is (d) for dabo being responsible for quite a share of the rise. But even with loads of players using dabo to wait off cooldowns on TFOs - and are there even that many? - with a spending limit of 600 GPL per minute and player it can't be that huge a sum. So I guess the question about missing y axis numbers comes into play: while the proportionality is interesting, I guess that the numbers on both graphs are apart on orders of magnitude which may be "because reasons" not to display them.
    I'd say dabo is far too timegated to make much of a difference. For comparison, even if a player were to set up a bot to play dabo 24h a day, it would take almost 3 days to spend as much as buying all the "one offs" on a single character.

Also, the only reason to actually grind dabo is the "win 1 million" accolade. Endeavors are only for small amounts and as proven by the graph the ferengi admiralty is a far better source to actually get GPL from.

I'd say the most GPL is probably spent on the "one offs" (which aren't that one off if players get them on multiple toons) and/or the holoemitters.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    I'd say the most GPL is probably spent on the "one offs" (which aren't that one off if players get them on multiple toons) and/or the holoemitters.

I would think that as well normally - but the graph is much too smooth for that IMO. I would expect a spike soon after the GPL was available and then a dying off, even with multiple toons the day will come when most interested player will own the stuff.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    questerius wrote: »

I saw the 100k dabo on Thursday so perhaps i witnessed your lucky moment.
    @salazarraze
    @echatty

Not mine, I got mine before Thursday, cause I was out of town from Thursday to Sunday and didn't play at all cause I was busy helping the husband.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    My 100k dabo is from around 4 years ago.
    azrael605 wrote: »

As you said the amount of EC removed by Dabo is quite small. I would note though that if the bet amounts were increased by a factor of say 100x to 10,000 EC, it could become a valid addition to EC economy control. This would though require rebalancing GPL payouts and likely make most of the small denomination GPL Endeavors pointless, requiring additional changes there. Then of course the need is to make it desirable, so more stuff in the GPL store is needed. Maybe a 3 Doff pack with only commons so people can easily obtain doffs for Fleet projects, make it cost 30, 40k. Out of current uses for GPL I spend most of it in Doffing, but there are a limited number of assignments that use it, more on KDF side, but I have like 4 million GPL on one character
    I like the idea of most stuff in the GPL store being consumable. That can act as an EC sink. I also like the idea of multiplying how much EC you can bet on dabo. Maybe not up to 10k but 500 to 1k would be a good start. Of course, it would be ho-hum without adding new GPL items to actually buy.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    As you said the amount of EC removed by Dabo is quite small. I would note though that if the bet amounts were increased by a factor of say 100x to 10,000 EC, it could become a valid addition to EC economy control. This would though require rebalancing GPL payouts and likely make most of the small denomination GPL Endeavors pointless, requiring additional changes there. Then of course the need is to make it desirable, so more stuff in the GPL store is needed.
    Or they could just sell whatever they were going to sell for EC and save both themselves and the players the hassle of messing with Dabo.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited June 2019
    I play the 0, 9, 20 strategy.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Dabo

I only hit on one of the three numbers for 200,000 GPL only once in six years of play. I only play ten minutes a day on any day I remember to play Dabo. I have yet to reach the 1,000,000 GPL mark, but I am over 800,000 GPL. So any year now I'll get to say...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YZNXwjfq6g

btw - after hitting to 500,000 GPL mark, I decided to no longer use my EC to gamble.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    I get a lot of my gpl on my main from the ground DOFF that gives GPL for every kill.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I used Somog on a Character just after 'Time in a Bottle' released. That Character ran Kobali about 70 or so times and Defera. That Character went from about 24k GPL to 72k GPL because of him. A lot of slaughter there.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    I get a lot of my gpl on my main from the ground DOFF that gives GPL for every kill.

Yeah, I get bunches of GPL that way, too, but it does not contribute to the Accolade. :/
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
This discussion has been closed.