test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CE-38700-8 ... WTF???!!!

CE-38700-8

This is the error message I have received on the blue screen crash I have received trying to (re)boot STO for the fifth #$%&ING time. I cannot get on at all... now at least with this alt.

Since I have picked back up with the game I have found I cannot play for an hour if switching alts without at least one crash.

90% of the time this crash happens when attempting to log onto a different character (5% crash when logging out, 5% other)

Of the 90%, it seems like 80% of the time, there is a Jem Hadar involved... switching to, switching from, or switching between Jems.

A crash every hour or so is annoying. Not being able to log on at all/crashing multiple times in moments goes beyond annoying. Please fix this ASAP.

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    Going into save game management on your PS4 and removing the Star Trek Online file (it's just config stuff and is recreated clean when you launch the game) from there might help a bit.
    I have had similar problems and deleting that file seemed to slow the crash-rate a bit for me.
    It comes back but it's a work-around...
    Most of the time I crash, it's when I'm playing a Jem'Hadar character, or on the awfully cramped and crowded DS9 ground map.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    The only savegame option I could find is a Playstation Plus option only.

Meanwhile the Jem on board DS9 is completely and utterly unloggable. I can access other alts but the Jem is for all intents and purposes, dead... along with all Dil and income manufacturing capabilities... during a phoenix prize pack run. This is ridiculous.

They got it wrong launching the "Do Not Enter" warning buoys around Orias III. Instead they should have been launched around DS9 2 weeks after the Victory is Life campaign hit. This is way too long to stay this broken.

• orilium123orilium123 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same situation on my end... can a support agent just put my character back on sector space please?

ACCOUNT: BatmanBeyond_1
    Character: Oxanam

Removing the character from DS9 should fix it...
  • criticalhippocriticalhippo Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I am now getting the same thing with my character in ds9. Didnt realise it was such a regular issue with this map, I'll try to stay away from there in future, which is a shame as it's clearly very lovingly recreated. Now to try and to retrieve my character out of there!
  • nightfly69#4375 nightfly69 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Getting this error when switching characters is normal enough at this point but what really galls me is when I enter a Daily Endeavor TFO, get kicked, then have to suffer the "quit penalty." As if it's something I did -- oh wait, yeah, I played your game. My bad.
  • black#1555 black Member Posts: 1 New User
    Anyone else having a problem with the mission friend or foe on the Klingon defense force side ? Every time me and a couple other friend have tried to play this mission we get the blue error screen and error code Ce-34878-0
  • dalanar7dalanar7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @"black#1555" said:
    > Anyone else having a problem with the mission friend or foe on the Klingon defense force side ? Every time me and a couple other friend have tried to play this mission we get the blue error screen and error code Ce-34878-0

Have this problem also, every time I try to do this mission, crashes to blue screen with ce-4878-0 and then on character load also. All other characters are fine, just Klingon character running Friend Or Foe in Vor system.
  • americanbamf#5789 americanbamf Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    CE-38700-8

This is the error message I have received on the blue screen crash I have received trying to (re)boot STO for the fifth #$%&ING time. I cannot get on at all... now at least with this alt.

Since I have picked back up with the game I have found I cannot play for an hour if switching alts without at least one crash.

90% of the time this crash happens when attempting to log onto a different character (5% crash when logging out, 5% other)

Of the 90%, it seems like 80% of the time, there is a Jem Hadar involved... switching to, switching from, or switching between Jems.

A crash every hour or so is annoying. Not being able to log on at all/crashing multiple times in moments goes beyond annoying. Please fix this ASAP.

join the club of X-amount of players that has same issue but with same error code or a different CE code but with same effect blue screen with switching characters or maps . a little trick also you could try is log into game and load up character you want to play then reboot game and goto next character you want to play on its what i do to avoid the Blue screen works 90% of the time that or you could just delete and reinstall your saved data as others have said do because this is one bug that will NEVER EVER get fixed period reported it a thousand times and no fix for it yet although they have tried to slow it down but it still failed . and i say that since the games been on PS4 for 3+ years and hasn't been fixed yet or any announcement about fixing it either . i have given up hope of it ever getting fixed so just find a work around that works for you and go with it and best of luck to you