test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wide Angle Dual Heavy Beam Bank

jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,784 Arc User
I picked up the new Rep Weapon. I leveled it to MK XV Gold. According to the tool tip while in space, it does 912.4 DPS. I have a Beam Array with comparable mods and it does 974.1 DPS.

I figure that I have to be missing something. What makes it worth using a Dual Beam Bank that is weaker than a Beam Array?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Besides set bonus, you probably had to trade a mod for the wide angle "mod". Its kinda like how the older hybrid weapons performance isn't as good as stock and later lockbox weapons. Because you have to trade a potential Dmg or other useful mod for the special mod.

Without knowing exactly what mods the Rep weapon has at gold, and what mods are on the weapons you're comparing to... right now its just speculation.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    If you are curious, the mods are:

Beam Bank:
    [Ac/Dm] [CrtH]x3 [Dmg]

Beam Array:
    [Ac/Dm] [CrtD]x2 [CrtH] [Dmg]
  • Options
    Hm... So it doesn't lose a mod for the wide arc...
    You do have 2 CrtD mods on the beam array though...

Ok I'm honestly not really sure atm.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    I do have the CrtD on the array, but these are the numbers sitting in orbit, not in battle.

Keep in mind that normal Dual Beam Banks are about 25% more powerful than Arrays. This thing is weaker than an Array. I cannot see any reason why it should be used. If nothing else, this will serve as a warning to the rest of you guys who were considering spending the resources to level it up.
  • Options
    Unless you can reroll the mods. They did make some of the Reg gear work with Re-engineering if I remember correctly.

Only other thing I can think of is that it did lose some power because of the arc, but the fact you're hitting things sooner with it due to the arc makes up the difference a bit?
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    You are losing more than a bit of power. My regular Dual Bank does 1368.5 DPS compared to the Heavy's 912.4. The Heavy drains more power per shot too, but that is expected of a Heavy.

As for the other, give me a second, let me look here....

Yes, you can Re-Engineer the Heavy.

• Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    So On my Sci toon(Sci ship too)
    Method

64 Weapon power.
    Bajoran 3 piece and Qphase 3 piece.
    Mouse over the weapons Bar

UR Phaser Wide Angle Dual Heavy Beam Bank Mk XV [CrtD]x3 [Dmg] - 1331 Phaser Damage (709 dps)
    UR Terran Task Force Phaser Beam Array Mk XV [CrtD]x2 [Dmg] [Proc] - 1038 Phaser Damage (No DPS listed)
    UR Phaser Beam Array Mk XV [CrtD]x3 [Pen] - 998.5 Phaser Damage (798 Ddps)

VR Phased Biomatter Beam Array Mk XV [CrtD]x3] - 994 Phaser Damage (795 Dps)
    VR Quantum Phase Beam Array Mk XV [CrtD] [CrtH] [Proc] - 989 Phaser Damage (791 dps)

Thats what im looking at..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    @odinforever20000 That is what I am getting. This looks to be set on the backend as an Array and not a Dual Bank.
  • Options
    jslyn wrote: »
    @odinforever20000 That is what I am getting. This looks to be set on the backend as an Array and not a Dual Bank.

Could be a tool tip error..Got a parser?

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Eh..I do..pulled my last ISA run and Todays Defense of Stargase 1..

Yea..The Phaser Wide Angle Dual Heavy Beam Bank did more DPS than my Terran Array or that Qphase array I had on board..

Starbase 1
    Average damage (this is different from DPS) came out to
    1650 Phaser damage for the Wide angle Heavy Beam
    1486 Phaser damage for the Qphase Array
    2072 Phaser damage for the Tarran..But We know its damage isnt static as the opponent gets weaker it gets stronger..

ISA. (110k dps run)
    Average Damage
    3781 Phaser damage for the Wide angle Heavy Beam
    3077 Phaser damage for the Qphase Array
    6608 Phaser damage for the Tarran

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Something sounds busted....completely worthless weapon if it does less damage than a BA...maybe should send in a report?
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    It looks like the weapon is working right but there is something the tooltip is not getting right.
  • Options
    tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I seem to recall Bort chiming in on Reddit, saying that the item is bugged...

EDIT:
    Here it is...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/bshkjf/bug_why_are_the_disco_reputation_wide_angle_dual/eonw7oc?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x
  • Options
    Ah, well, there we go then. The issue has been officially addressed.
This discussion has been closed.