test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hourly Continued Discovery Legends Expedition Support is not granting Discovery Reputation

captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
Considering that the Discovery Reputation is new, I've been trying to do the hourly Rep. missions. No reputation was given.

Is there some kind of timer for the hourly mission reputation point awards (i.e. 20-24 hour cooldown timer) or is it bugged?

It's one thing if I was maxed out with the Reputation (i.e. T6), but my character is at the early part of T3.

Comments

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    You can only get reputation xp 3 times per day (not sure if it's really 20 hours or a full day) from the hourly project for any reputation
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    You can only get reputation xp 3 times per day (not sure if it's really 20 hours or a full day) from the hourly project for any reputation

Thank you :)
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User

Given how the vast majority of timers are based on 20 hours in STO, I would go with the 20h timer.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • cklibcklib Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    You get one 20-hour daily project that gives a large amount of rep XP and three 1-hour projects per 20-hour period for a much smaller amount of rep XP. After those three or if there is still an invisible cooldown for one of them as per the three per 20-hour period rule, you may slot the 1-hour project for the other rewards but no rep XP. The text of the project will indicate whether you get rep XP for completing it.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

Given how the vast majority of timers are based on 20 hours in STO, I would go with the 20h timer.

I looked afterward at the hourly project and it is indeed 20 hours. The description of the project itself is a tiny bit misleading, saying that you can only do the project 3 times in a 20-hour period, when you can theoretically do it up to 20 times, it's just that only the first 3 will count for xp in that reputation. I seem to recall that you would get greater amounts of dilithium from those done after the limit was reached, but it's been forever since I used an hourly project on an unfinished reputation.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.