test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Klingon Reputation

jadizbanejadizbane Member Posts: 59 Arc User
I would really like to see this ingame, anyone else?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    More KDF content period would be nice especially something like AoY and AoD but for the KDF but alas all they seem to care about is federation as you notice not counting ViL and LoR everything has been through the eyes of the federation as of late.
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    As much as I wouldn't mind more KDF stuff as well, I hope that something like this comes a bit further down the road. I'm just now starting to grind out the Discovery reputation.
    ~Shia~

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 65, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 65, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 65, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 63, Rom Tac
    Sukima, Lvl 65, Fed Vul Sci

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anointed Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    And make it synergize with the Martok set.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    darthkirkdarthkirk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Definatly in favor of more klingon stuff, i use the house pheg (terran rep) for kdp, as they are kdf section 31
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    the Terran Task force gear was allegedly developed by Klingon intelligence. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I like the idea as it can be used to make more Klingon centric content. I find the Klingon centric missions tend to be the more interesting ones in the game. Of course I don't really like the idea of yet another reputation.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    the Terran Task force gear was allegedly developed by Klingon intelligence. :p

I thought klingon intelligence was still just a rumor ;)

EDIT: just to add something more then a joke, a klingon centric rep would be nice, granted not for a few months at least, we just got a new rep and the gear from that is pretty decent.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I am very much in favor or more KDF specific content, but firmly against any more reputations.

I just think we have enough marks as it is. :wink:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    I am very much in favor or more KDF specific content, but firmly against any more reputations.

You won't have enough marks until you've past finnish pre-1994 state budget
    before the adaption of the euro the finnish currency was the finnish mark (markka in finnish)
    ;)
  • Options
    pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    More KDF content period would be nice especially something like AoY and AoD but for the KDF but alas all they seem to care about is federation as you notice not counting ViL and LoR everything has been through the eyes of the federation as of late.

I cringe every time I grind through a campaign episode through one of my KDF captains and I have to click some dialogue box with some meek "Of course, Ambassador! It would be our pleasure to help out!" response when the proper response might have been something like: "Were it not for the higher interests of the empire, I'd run you through where you stand for cowardice, Ambassador! Stand aside as true warriors enter the field of battle to clean up your mess!"

Soooo lazy and such a break in role playing experience to have such character-breaking dialogue options.
  • Options
    jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited May 2019

I cringe every time I grind through a campaign episode through one of my KDF captains and I have to click some dialogue box with some meek "Of course, Ambassador! It would be our pleasure to help out!" response when the proper response might have been something like: "Were it not for the higher interests of the empire, I'd run you through where you stand for cowardice, Ambassador! Stand aside as true warriors enter the field of battle to clean up your mess!"

Soooo lazy and such a break in role playing experience to have such character-breaking dialogue options.

Would actually be funny if they did the reverse at some point. Like your Federation Captain is asked to check out something and sees two alien species we haven't met before fighting, you get some dialogue about it and instead of the typical "lets disarm everyone and work out the problem" your FEDERATION captain goes, " Qapla'!! Command was of use, glorious battle awaits us! Arm all weapons, raise the shields! 3 Barrels of Blood wine to who gets the first kill!" and you roll in and just blast everything.

I also, in recent missions was like "yeah ok" when my Romulan captain boarded the Mirror Discovery and apon clearing the ship of borders and didn't immediately put a disruptor blast through Tily and tow the ship to New Rom for study. Mirror ship? Weird Tech we haven't seen before? Federations not gonna miss it.. nobody knows but my crew about it... but naaaw lets be all helpful and Federation like :P
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

That's because reputations are not content. The things you have to do to level up reputations and fill in projects, THAT'S content. I would rather have 1 good Klingon themed mission or TFO than yet another reputation.
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    jagdtier44 wrote: »

Would actually be funny if they did the reverse at some point. Like your Federation Captain is asked to check out something and sees two alien species we haven't met before fighting, you get some dialogue about it and instead of the typical "lets disarm everyone and work out the problem" your FEDERATION captain goes, " Qapla'!! Command was of use, glorious battle awaits us! Arm all weapons, raise the shields! 3 Barrels of Blood wine to who gets the first kill!" and you roll in and just blast everything.

I also, in recent missions was like "yeah ok" when my Romulan captain boarded the Mirror Discovery and apon clearing the ship of borders and didn't immediately put a disruptor blast through Tily and tow the ship to New Rom for study. Mirror ship? Weird Tech we haven't seen before? Federations not gonna miss it.. nobody knows but my crew about it... but naaaw lets be all helpful and Federation like :P

it's worst as kdf you technically kill members of your own faction to help terrans of all things. like why didn't I destroy the mirror discovery like I have done to literally over a thousand other terran ships. than have my new friends follow me to Qo'noS, so I can show J'mpok what I found and ask if I can keep em.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Sure, why not.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nightken wrote: »
    jagdtier44 wrote: »

it's worst as kdf you technically kill members of your own faction to help terrans of all things. like why didn't I destroy the mirror discovery like I have done to literally over a thousand other terran ships. than have my new friends follow me to Qo'noS, so I can show J'mpok what I found and ask if I can keep em.
    The problem is that J'Ula wants to rule the Empire, and her troops wouldn't bow to J'mpok. So they'd turn on you as soon as they realized you weren't loyal to J'ula.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    The fact of the matter is that the Forces of J'ula repesent a destablizing element to the Klingon Empire and The Klingon Empire can ill afford a civil war at this point. Martok refused to challenge J'mpok because it would have caused at the very least enough disruption to be very bad to the empire even if Martok had won. remember that to win a battle but loose an empire in no victory and the Klingon Empire Still plenty of enemies willing to carve the klingons up if the klingons would be in an position to not give effective opposition.

Also KDF at the moment isn't just klingons, it's also other associated alien species. J'ula is the sister of T'kuvma and T'kuvma was a known klingon supremist, it's not unreasonble to assume that those alien species would assume that J'ula would consider starting a purge in the KDF ranks should she ever get on the Throne and it would be most likely that those rebel if that seemed likely that J'ula would become leader of the klingons again something that wouldn't be in the best intrest of the Klingon Empire.
This discussion has been closed.