test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do I restart a mission when the abort mission button is disabled?

anyone#9933 anyone Member Posts: 24 Arc User
edited March 2022 in The Academy
My mission bugged out as my officer wall-cracked and killed an enemy before my quest updated (as the gate was closed), effectively stranding me at 96% of the quest, being unable to kill enough enemies to progress to 100%.

I've already filed a bug report and asked a GM for help, but it doesn't look like I'm going to get anything from them any time soon. How can I restart?

EWSvp5r.jpg
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I had the same thing happen in one of the Jem'Hadar starting missions.

I figured I was only level 2, I deleted the character and started over. Probably not the answer you wanted, but it will be a whole lot quicker then waiting for Support to get to your ticket. :disappointed:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    When you log out and wait for a while (15ish minutes) the instance will be closed and you are back in sector space. Then you should be able to resume from the last 'checkpoint' which hopefully was before the bug
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    This is what I do as well if I get stuck like that. I'll swap to another character and play awhile, then go back to the other one and they'll be in sector space.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • > @angrytarg said:
    > When you log out and wait for a while (15ish minutes) the instance will be closed and you are back in sector space. Then you should be able to resume from the last 'checkpoint' which hopefully was before the bug
    Just press beam up to your ship
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    > @angrytarg said:
    > When you log out and wait for a while (15ish minutes) the instance will be closed and you are back in sector space. Then you should be able to resume from the last 'checkpoint' which hopefully was before the bug
    Just press beam up to your ship

sorry mate, but if you looked at the pic, it shows the option to beam to ship as not available.

It is also over two years old pig-3.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Necromancy!
    *casts Holy Photon Torpedo*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.