test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Duty Officer Assignment Bug

I've been seeing this bug/error/problem for quite some time now:
In the R&D section, I've been using the 'Bonus Research XP' for the various disciplines to level them up before getting down to the crafting. I would fill each available slot with these. Once I reached 4 available slots the system would not allow me to assign a duty officer to a '4th Bonus Research XP' even tho I had relevant duty officers and mats available. It would, however permit me assign a 4th officer to any of the other crafting assignments available.
This error also crops up in regular duty officer assignments. Any assignments requiring refugees, bartenders or security officers will not automatically assign nor allow me to manually applicable officers to these assignments.

I submitted a ticket in-game to GM help, and was informed that they could not help me, that it appeared to be a bug, and to report it here.

As yet, I have not tried to recreate these errors on my one alternate character (more because I do not want to buy an account bank slot nor mail the required mats, doffs etc then for any other reason)

Here are several screenshots displaying my issues:

Image showing available R&D crafting slot
DGPWEQB.png

Image showing duty officer assignment error
0BGpEwv.png

Image showing available Research Lab Scientists
EPgcltf.png

Image showing available duty officer assignment slots
j6MI9fX.png

Image showing 'Entertain Foreign Dignitaries' doff assignment
a5nQCYo.png

Image showing failure to assign bartender for 'Entertain Foreign Dignitaries'
M3XZmvl.png

Image showing available bartenders in duty officer roster
TU1r1iF.png

Comments

• inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    You appear to have a Federation captain with Klingon duty officers.
    They will not take orders from "Federation scum".
    Your best option is to shove them out the airlock sell them on the exchange and get some proper Starfleet officers to fill out your roster.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • infernus#8370 infernus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thank you. That's one aspect I did not check. I did sell off any Klingons in my roster, which did allow me to use my 4th R&D slot for research purposes.
    However, regular doff assignments such as the entertain dignitaries used as example in my previous post remain unresolved.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,003 Arc User
    However, regular doff assignments such as the entertain dignitaries used as example in my previous post remain unresolved.
    Of the 3 bartenders in the screenshot, 2 are Klingon Defense Force and the other is Romulan Republic.

The border around a Duty Officer gives away the info you need to know:
    Top = Blue for Fed, Red for KDF and Green for RR;
    Bottom = shows the rarity, but green doffs have a brighter bottom than RR border.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • merkestrelmerkestrel Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    There is also the faction insignia at the top right of the portrait. When buying on the exchange, make sure to check the radio button at the bottom center. Click "Only show usable items" to "on" before your search to filter out the other factions.
  • lemminger83lemminger83 Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    This is in fact NOT a bug. You are trying to use duty officers of the wrong factions.
    Federation characters can use Fed duty officers only. Klingon defense force characters can use KDF duty officers only.
    Romulan Republic duty officers can be used by RR characters only. Romulan characters can also use duty officers of their alligned faction (Fed or KDF).
    Jem'Hadar characters can only use doffs of their alligned faction, since there is no Jem'Hadar exclusive doff faction (There are Jem'Hadar and Vorta doffs in this game, but they are all either Fed or KDF).
    Which faction a duty officer belongs to, you can identify either by the color of the frame, edging the doffs portrait (blue for Fed, red for KDF, green for RR), as well as by the little symbol in the upper right corner of the frame. Also a faction specific symbol is visible in the portraits background.
    qc13grtl44vw.png