test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blue phasers from Disco S2?

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
Was expecting them with the Disco Rep, but I dont see them. Are we going to get the blue phasers from the show seen in the last episode? Both Discovery and Enterprise were firing them. Also the red photon used by the Enterprise.

They are almost identical to the ToS phasers, but the sound is a little lower and the beams are I guess for lack of a better word, updated?
1e3sni150tar.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I'm actually surprised that there doesn't appear to be any Discovery related weapons in the new Rep other than set pieces. All of the box drops seem to be consoles.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Discovery Weapons are lock box.. they're not going to give them away in a reputation. :disappointed:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
    There called Covert phasers, so far not to terrible expensive on the exchange.

I thought those were the red/orange ones the Section 31 ships were shooting?
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    Discovery Weapons are lock box.. they're not going to give them away in a reputation. :disappointed:

The Sensor-linked and Emitter-linked ones are lockbox. But they give a Disco phaser beam array as a mission reward that you can grind for. Same stats as normal phasers.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    lexusk19 wrote: »

The Sensor-linked and Emitter-linked ones are lockbox. But they give a Disco phaser beam array as a mission reward that you can grind for. Same stats as normal phasers.

Do they have the same visual effect as the Emitter/Integrity/Sensor linked?

Outside of the Sensor Linked, the only real selling point is the cool visuals. The T6 ships from the DSC era have scaling common versions.. they're pretty cool for leveling up, but obviously aren't a real end game possibility.
    Insert witty signature line here.

Do they have the same visual effect as the Emitter/Integrity/Sensor linked?

Outside of the Sensor Linked, the only real selling point is the cool visuals. The T6 ships from the DSC era have scaling common versions.. they're pretty cool for leveling up, but obviously aren't a real end game possibility.

Yep, same visual effect, just not as good as the Emitter or Sensor versions from the lockbox.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
    There called Covert phasers, so far not to terrible expensive on the exchange.

I thought those were the red/orange ones the Section 31 ships were shooting?

oh could be. i bought some just to test them out, but i already had blue and orange beams on the ship, so i just figured, could be wrong.

Yeah, just looked up a video on them. They are the orange/red ones used by Section 31 ships. Not the blue ones. :/
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Was expecting them with the Disco Rep, but I dont see them. Are we going to get the blue phasers from the show seen in the last episode? Both Discovery and Enterprise were firing them. Also the red photon used by the Enterprise.

They are almost identical to the ToS phasers, but the sound is a little lower and the beams are I guess for lack of a better word, updated?
    They probably hadn't seen that episode when the rep was finalized, there's aspects of season 2 of discovery that the Cryptic team didn't know until they saw it themselves, they explained it in the latest stream (referring to why their DSC winter jacket looks different then the one worn by Pike).

These things take time after all and there was probably no time to make a new set of phasers in time for the launch, they might come with the DSC connie when it comes though.
This discussion has been closed.