test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plea on Deaf Ears? Borg Ground TFOs

pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
IDK if this can be addressed, or if it even would be otherwise, but the Borg Frequency remod mechanic is broken: Ballistic and melee (kinetic) weapons, which require no remodulation in campaign and regular missions require remodulation in TFOs. This not only makes zero sense from the "logic" standpoint, but it makes rhese already tedious maps even less fun to play and it utterly ruins a dynamic opportunity to use otherwise overlooked melee weapons.

Given the (broken) mechanics I willingly abort the mission at the start and take the leaver penalty every time. It just needs fixing and until then, I'm out.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I don't see how they can adapt in STFs and not in normal content.

By any chance are you using any non standard damage types as well such as Electrical or Cold damage as well?

I've noticed in the past that if the Borg adapt to any damage type that isn't standard weapon damage, it triggers the adapted warning on EVERYTHING you do, even a Tricorder Scan. Can be doing full damage with a TR-116, but because they adapted to say... Cold Damage, its gonna say "Adapted" anyways.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    They do not adapt to kinetic or physical damage.. ever.

If however, the weapon has a secondary effect, they will adapt to that, but they will still take the full physical damage. This can cause you to see the 'Adapted' tag above them, but they will still continue to take damage from any physical or kinetic source.

I am not sure why you think that the Borg don't take damage in TFO's, but they absolutely do. I do them all the time.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    I will have to monitor this more closely regarding secondary FX but I know they are "adapting" to something... be it ballistic (Tommy Gun/TR-117) or be it Melee (Lirpa/Bat'leth, etc.)

I can't say I have persisted in trying to beat the snot out of a Tac Drone after seeing the "Adapted" banner, but I never see the same thing on Deferi with the same gear, and it wasn't like I saw damage alongside the "Adapted" warning.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also, if you're fighting Borg in story missions and are below a certain level the adaptation mechanic is basically not there.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I will have to monitor this more closely regarding secondary FX but I know they are "adapting" to something... be it ballistic (Tommy Gun/TR-117) or be it Melee (Lirpa/Bat'leth, etc.)

I can't say I have persisted in trying to beat the snot out of a Tac Drone after seeing the "Adapted" banner, but I

Like Sea explained it is not the kinetic/physical weapon itself that the borg adapt to. It is rather a selected trait that deals additional dmg via the weapons the borg adapt to.

Easy way for you to verify: When you shoot with the kinetic/physical weapon at a drone does the dmg dealt say 1 or something else?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    You do get the adapted floater above shot Borg using the rifle or tommy gun, but the Borg still take damage and don't actually adapt.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • space4rent2space4rent2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I got into a TFO borg ground and switch to my tommy as well used shotgun and borg got the green immune tag above their heads. did post it in the bug forums but do too having 4 other people wasnt sure if I was doing any or 1/2 or full dmg on them.

I dont use any abilities due to you can melt them down so fast by the time you mush button for an ability. Just mash 1 and 2 when off CD :P

I read the xmas weps that you get you must remod those due to them being energy as well.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Yeah as other have stated borg don't adapt to physical sources of damage ever (the physical and kinectic damage types), however if there's a secondary effect on the weapon from any source it will cause them to show the "adapted" tag while still taking full damage. the House Torg bat'leth is way to trigger the "adapted" tag on a melee weapon due the secondary poison damage effect.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Ran in to this a bit ago. Was doing Cure Ground, the Borg had adapted to the incoming damage.

Player 1: "Do you have a remodulator?"

Me: "I"m using a TR, they don't adapt to it. But I do have one."

Melee, shotgun, TR-116B or Tommy Gun, just ignore the "They've Adapted" message.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Just hover over the little adapted debuff icon. It will tell you exactly what it is they have adapted to.
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Honestly if you got the room for it keeping a spare remodulator isn't a bad idea, as some kit modules can trigger the adaption, turrets or mortars don't IIRC but science style powers can (depends on the power) and obviously secondary effects from weapons, traits or armor can trigger adaption.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Also you can MAKE remodulators by opening your replicator from your inventory. It used to be you couldn't do that during STFs, but now you can.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.