test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

low frame rate despite machine more than capable of running at max settings

generaaleric#5760 generaaleric Member Posts: 10 Arc User
on high setting i cant get more than 10-4 fps epescially in cutscence despit my computer being pretty much over kill?

system specs:
cpu: intel core I3 540 @ 3.0ghz
ram: 8gb ddr 3
motherboard: foxconn P55MX
graphics: nvidia geforce gt 720 with 2047mb of vram
audio: standard
Post edited by generaaleric#5760 on

Comments

• snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Uhh. Your computer is not really overkill, the CPU is an old generation and so is the RAM.

Your graphics card is just a GeForce GT... It's not even a GTX, so it's not really a gaming card.

The FPS you get is what I'd call normal for a system with your specifications.
  • infinityyul#1974 infinityyul Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Just wanted to say that for any specifications you may have seen online for this game, such as steam are outdated. You can use the 'Wayback Machine' and/or check the install size, it is not 21GB. Steam hasn't updated them in at least 3 years but the game has had several new features added since. Higher poly models, textures, reworked lighting to name a few.

A guesstimate of what they should be now for ~+30fps;

PROCESSOR: Core i7-2xxx Quad Core or better
    MEMORY: 8GB RAM or better
    GRAPHICS: NVidia GeForce GTX 1050, ATI/AMD Radeon RX 560
    DIRECTX: Version 11.0 or better
    NETWORK: Broadband Internet Connection
    STORAGE: 33GB
    AUDIO: DirectX 10 compatible sound chip or onboard audio capability with the latest sound drivers
  • generaaleric#5760 generaaleric Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Then what setting do you reccomend to get a normallised frame rate

Note: i had halo 2 for vista and i had terrible frame rate despite not having over kill it was due to the game poorly optimized and never updated i thought this was some how related never hurts to ask
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    As said, the system requirements listed on most sites are the requirements for when the game first came out. They're nowhere near enough for the game in it's current form.

PROCESSOR: Core i7-2xxx Quad Core or better
    MEMORY: 8GB RAM or better
    GRAPHICS: NVidia GeForce GTX 1050, ATI/AMD Radeon RX 560
    DIRECTX: Version 11.0 or better
    NETWORK: Broadband Internet Connection
    STORAGE: 33GB
    AUDIO: DirectX 10 compatible sound chip or onboard audio capability with the latest sound drivers

This all looks about right. I have a Media PC with a 4th Gen i5 and a 1050Ti and it plays the game at 1080p quite well. An i7 is obviously preferable, but not required.. this seems like a pretty accurate baseline.
    Then what setting do you reccomend to get a normallised frame rate

Unfortunately, given your system specs.. I would strongly recommend going with the lowest on pretty much everything. It's not going to look great, but should be somewhat playable provided you don't get into to many huge area battles.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • generaaleric#5760 generaaleric Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Thanks ill take that under advice ments