test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes for All Platforms, 5/14/19

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
edited May 2019 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 5/14 at 6AM Pacific for 2.5 hours on PC, and 2 hours on Console. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our PC patch notes here.
You can find our Console patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,451 Arc User
    Thanks for the loads of fixes for PC!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I see console patch notes... and more console patch notes? A tad confusing.

It seems the top link is for PC, while the bottom is for XBox, and I would guess PS4 as well. Look forward to seeing the new stuff on PC.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,451 Arc User
    The first console patch notes has the wrong label, it goes to PC as you probably found out. The console patch notes are the same between the two consoles, Xbox One and PS4. I also am looking forward to seeing the new stuff on PC.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Elite Difficulty Updates:
    Increased the damage multipliers that are applied to the Energy Damage of NPCs on Elite difficulty.
    This increase starts small at level 50, and works out to an approximate increase of 40% at level 65.
    This increase has not been applied to Kinetic damage.

Ok, that sounds interesting.

Bring it! :mrgreen:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Greetings Captains!
    We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 5/14 at 6AM Pacific for 2.5 hours on PC, and 2 hours on Console.

The Launcher is indicating 3.5 hours for PC. This would be due to that there usually login server maintenance too, which is normal for when there is either an expansion or content update to ensure players are able to login after maintenance is complete. :)
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Consoles notes have just confirmed that the rinky carrier has indeed made its debut in the phoenix box instead of being made available to be earned in game as an account unlock.

Nothing about consoles getting the removal of store opening TRIBBLE from skill wheels.

Or the option to disable autohails finally coming to the platforms so the mission unlock change will make first logins VERY spammy as quimby et al pester constantly even after the mission log is overloaded.

Mines tweak is interesting, a lot of hangar pets could do with a similar ability tied into the bay commands.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    "•Added a new Captain Ability at level 38: Relocate Mines. "
    Really nice idea but it was not working on Tribble due to various slow down bugs that meant the mines couldn't hit targets. Has this been fixed for live?

Covert Minelayer Suite console. Again really nice stats but the creep function is not working or should I say it not effective due to the mines disappearing bug. When the mines disappear every 4 or 5 seconds they wont have chance to creep into range of anything.

One of the reasons people do not use mines is not because they are poor its because of the bug that makes them disappear every few seconds so you do not hit anything.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »
    Greetings Captains!
    We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 5/14 at 6AM Pacific for 2.5 hours on PC, and 2 hours on Console.

The Launcher is indicating 3.5 hours for PC. This would be due to that there usually login server maintenance too, which is normal for when there is either an expansion or content update to ensure players are able to login after maintenance is complete. :)

You remember that every week practically the game is back up early because STO wants to make themselves look like miracle workers LOL. Kael is likely just figuring they will have it back in 2.5 hours rather than 3.5 due to that fact.
  • mbaldelli02909mbaldelli02909 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    While it wasn't mentioned, I'm hoping this maintenance is going to be addressing the micro-lag/rubberbanding on ground missions that has seriously affected simple grind missions as Epohh Tagging. (And before any of the armchair analysts kicked in, it's been proven time and again it's nothing to do with the routes from my PC to the server and near always server side as proven by the use of a PingPlotter 6-hour monitoring).
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    tomilak wrote: »
    eazzie wrote: »
    Greetings Captains!

You remember that every week practically the game is back up early because STO wants to make themselves look like miracle workers LOL. Kael is likely just figuring they will have it back in 2.5 hours rather than 3.5 due to that fact.

Remember:
    Saavik: [still arguing WHILE beaming aboard the Enterprise] But the damage report! We were immobilized! Captain Spock said it would be two days!
    Kirk: Come, come, Lieutenant. You of all people go by the book!
    Saavik: By the book?
    Kirk: By the book! Regulation 46A: "If transmissions are being monitored during battle --"
    Saavik: [astonished] "- no uncoded messages on an open channel." [looking at Spock] You lied!
    Spock: I exaggerated.
    Kirk: Hours instead of days; now we have minutes instead of hours!
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Patch server appears to be on a go slow. Don't know if it is intentional or what sometimes happens from time to time
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Discovery and Enterprise boots are no longer available to Klingon Captains.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

How dare you take away my war trophies!!!
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    So what is the new TFO that actually gives the tokens for the free C store ship? All the TFOs from RoD? I hope the progress counter towards the ship is visible again now.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    Oh yeah, I can sense there's going to be another maintenance cycle for this. I'm currently sitting at DS9 after a Transwarp looking at this for more than 5 minutes before popping:

W8k0RGh.jpg

ESD loading in while slow, didn't stop and that only took about 90-120 seconds (instead of the usual 5-10).

On a more positive note, good on you for finally returning this feature. I thought it was lost in all the updates

dlFpnkV.jpg

Here's to another 45 - 60 days of reputation grinding *sighs*
    Oh, and while you're fixing the problems bugs... don't forget to fix these problems too:

Transwarp back to SOL is broken. It will trigger a cooldown, but the ship will not actually end up around Earth. Then there's this in TFO's

o4w3RG8.jpg

First off, it seems they're no longer choice of marks, and (more importantly) second they're not giving Lukari Protomatter Microcontainers, but instead P.stellaviatori Spore Canister
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    edited May 2019
    Then there's this in TFO's

o4w3RG8.jpg

First off, it seems they're no longer choice of marks, and (more importantly) second they're not giving Lukari Protomatter Microcontainers, but instead P.stellaviatori Spore Canister

That's by design. Read the blog and the patch notes.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • istalon1istalon1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Heh, thanks for having the game point out that I hadn't updated my GPU driver for two and a half years. That was about time :smile:
This discussion has been closed.