test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tips and Tricks Guide for: Lohlunat Festival

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,239 Community Moderator
edited April 2019 in Player Guides
Welcome Captains!

This is the Star Trek Online Tips and Tricks Guide for: Lohlunat Festival

The purpose of this thread series is to provide a central repository for seeking and offering advice, tactics, builds, etc., for Task Force Operations, Events, and missions in-game.

Have a question? Have advice? Know of an effective build? Best tactics to get the optionals?

Share your experiences here!

The idea is to help players be more successful and have a more positive experience when playing these missions.

Please adhere to the Community Rules & Policies, as well as, the Frequently Created Threads rules when posting in this thread.

Thank you for your participation in making the Star Trek Online Forum Community a helpful and positive experience for all players. Engage!
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,239 Community Moderator
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
    Reserved for future use.
    GrWzQke.png
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    If you're going to do Flying High for the ship, first thing you should do is get yourself a floater. Even the cheap slow one will get you through that with plenty of time to spare.

And feed any tribble some Risian food to get yourself a Risian tribble. Stroking it will speed your floater up, but it won't do anything for powerboards.

Powerboards are also essential if you're going to be doing monkey research. You get tags for the PvP race and biathlon.

There's a map somewhere that marks the locations of the artifacts, though I don't have it on me at the moment. There's also a map of the location of the panorama birds.

A floater is also pretty necessary if you're going to hunt for horga'hns and bird eggs.

For those who don't know, you can pin your emote menu during the dance-off and just click on the dances that are called, rather than trying to type it into the chat.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    OK, made a tutorial on how to do triangulation and the heading refinement trick.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDwcOTXjhvs
    And here's a second one where I just run through the steps as quick as I can
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuhVPZZaOHY
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rerednawrerednaw Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    I got through this every time I come back after a hiatus.
    I finished the 2019 Risian Event. My main got the ship. I know it is also unlocked in the account store.
    Only where is the account store? I've checked:
    Dil-store
    Z-store
    Risian Vendor

I know it's somewhere, but for the life of me (and poor Google-fu apparently) I cannot find it.

Thanks!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    https://youtu.be/sBL1vNcpYbk
    yeah finally published a new one... like 2 week into the event. It's a description of the fastest approach I've been able to come up with for artifact hunting. Explaining it in the video takes longer than actually finding an artifact. :p Feedback and questions are welcomed. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    OK, made a tutorial on how to do triangulation and the heading refinement trick.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDwcOTXjhvs
    And here's a second one where I just run through the steps as quick as I can
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuhVPZZaOHY

FYI to new players - the scanner has been updated since the first two were made. I actually like the look of current scanner over the old "Red V."

All the tutorials are useful and should help anyone who is having trouble. I, personally, run 3-5 scans in quick succession very near my starting position. It rarly takes more than a minute. Unless I wait, then it takes me a minute and huff.

Here is a map of many of locations for relics and other activites for those that want a little more help.
    https://reddit.com/r/sto/comments/c7hz7r/its_time_to_head_to_risa_so_here_a_little_map_to/

Post edited by zedbrightlander1 on
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • skrapshak#7275 skrapshak Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2021
    I don't even see the "Beam Down to Summer Resort" option when I arrive at Risa. I'm a brand new player. What do I need to do to be able to participate in the event?

I know that this thread is technically dead. Just haven't been able to find information on my question online, yet.

Cheers!

EDIT: Found it: "captains of all factions (Levels 10 and above) can visit the Summer Resort on Risa"
    Ref: "Lohlunat Festival" in the fandom wiki
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    I don't even see the "Beam Down to Summer Resort" option when I arrive at Risa. I'm a brand new player. What do I need to do to be able to participate in the event?

I know that this thread is technically dead. Just haven't been able to find information on my question online, yet.

Cheers!

EDIT: Found it: "captains of all factions (Levels 10 and above) can visit the Summer Resort on Risa"
    Ref: "Lohlunat Festival" in the fandom wiki

The number of post suggest you are new to STO. IOW - Welcome! :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.