test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Starfleet Academy (2409/2410) flickering textures/shadows.

snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
edited October 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello,

After the Discovery update there are now some textures but mostly shadows that flicker quite heavily at Starfleet Academy on the normal Starfleet map, year 2409/2410.

This is most noticeable when the character and camera is moving, and it's also most noticeable on the buildings on the northern side of the map.

Updating the graphics driver and verifying game files did not resolve the issue.

I always hate bugging you @engineerb4#4806 <3
Post edited by snowwolf#0563 on

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I am seeing the same thing on the regular SFA map. I do not remember seeing it happen on the Discovery tutorial version of SFA.

The building with all the services in there (bank, mail, exchange, tailor...etc...)....inside the building all the skylights are blinking out. It seems to be all about the shadows. Looking at the building from the outside, same thing, shadows blinking on and off....today I noticed it on the trees as well as buildings.

I may have to just turn shadows off while at SFA.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    I can confirm that I see flickering at Starfleet Academy if I turn on shadows, though only when I move. This is at the regular Starfleet Academy; I have not checked the Federation tutorial or the Discovery tutorial. The easiest way to reproduce the bug is to turn on shadows, go outside near the center of the map, and run towards the buildings to the east or south.

So now we have flickering if you turn shadows on and a different type of flickering if you turn shadows off. You can't win.

Holodeck ticket 4,724,452: Flashing grass on Risa
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Still an issue to this day, 17th November, 2018.
    Still an issue to this day, 19th December, 2018.
  • wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    Agreed. It's been flickering most noticeably since the Disco update.

Another odd thing, not a bug, but an odd change - you used to be able to run through shrubs as you ran around the campus to do the daily clicks (Lifetime dil refiner, vulcan npc for doffs, Viala, etc.). At the same time the flickering started, a lot of stuff became "solid."

• sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    I thought it was an issue with my laptop. I am surprised to see it isn't just me.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
    This is still a problem to this day, shadows and transparent windows textures throughout Starfleet Academy flicker heavily as the character and camera move around. It's most noticeable on the northern buildings, and the main building at Starfleet Academy, and at the top with the trees in the background etc.

Could you look into this @engineerb4#4806 ? We haven't heard back from you yet.

Thanks!
    Still a bug to this day, 17th February, 2019.
    Still a bug to this day, 10th March, 2019.
    Still a issue to this day.
  • alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Do you think it helps when you post 'It still an issue' almost every week?
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Still a issue to this day.

I second this. Noticed it last weekend on SFA...it has been a while since I visited the locale. Still blinking.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

How would NOT reporting that the bug is still present help?

This issues is still occurring and no sign of it getting fixed or acknowledgment of it even existing. So yes people will keep posting about it.
    SulMatuul.png
    lordsteve1 wrote: »

How would NOT reporting that the bug is still present help?

This issues is still occurring and no sign of it getting fixed or acknowledgment of it even existing. So yes people will keep posting about it.

Yeah, right now people join a free to play game and the first every ground map most players spawn on are experiencing huge graphical issues. That's a great first impression when it comes to quality etc..
  • alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Posting the same post every week is probably not going to help. I'm sure they know it by now.

I have seen the same problem as well though. I also get this at the main tower in the Dyson sphere map if i'm looking at the ground.
    Still a problem, this is the first ground map many players get to experience. Having it flicker with such a huge graphical impact is quite bad!
    Still a problem.