test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Character Traits/Perks reset w/o warning

I don't know if they reset perks/traits for Fleet Admirals upon gaining a new level/spec point but I don't think this is the case.

I recently overhauled my characters' skills (allocating pooled spec points, re-selecting traits, etc.). 2-3 days later (today) one gets a promotion. I click the skills menu to add the point and the character has NO traits OR perks at all... other than 2 starship perks, which makes the whole thing even more baffling/buggy.

Whether intentional or not I now have a new task to obsessively monitor amongst the other 150.

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Did you play a mission on the PS4 that involved having to be in a different ship from the one that your character has? Usually this happens after playing that kind of mission. It is a annoying bug and they need to fix all missions that have you switch from your main ship to another so that does not happen to any characters. PC has the same problem as console in this regard.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Did you play a mission on the PS4 that involved having to be in a different ship from the one that your character has? Usually this happens after playing that kind of mission. It is annoying bug and they need to fix all missions so that does not happen to any characters. PC has the same problem as console in this regard.

I believe this is the case. I was on a Dyson grind recently and this would explain it. It's a bit annoying but much better than thinking it's random and having to check obsessively. Thanks!
  • flimjam#3426 flimjam Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Another thing that's helpful is saving a ship load-out once you have all the crew stations, trained skills, equipment, hot-keys, etc. set the way you want to keep it. If a mission with a different ship causes them all to be reset, you can load the ship load-out you saved and it should put everything back the way it was. It might not help with traits, but it has helped with everything else.
  • legion#1230 legion Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I also have this problem happening ramdomly
  • sleepwalker#8777 sleepwalker Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    we need an option to save/load trait setups!

there are several situations, where traits-slots getting a reset:
    1) flying a mission ship.. totaly fkn up the personal traits
    2) commission /dismissing ships from the roaster, can reset starship traits
    3) upgrading reputation to t6, clearing reputation trait slots
    4) using a retrain token

THIS FINALLY NEEDS A FIX

btw.. the active reputation triats should have 2 bars, for both ground and space (like reputation traits)
    this would realy be helpfull in random TFOs