test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Post-VIL Storyline

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    I'm not confused at all. I am speaking in facts, facts confirmed by the Devs, not opinions. ViL was always supposed to end at Home, there were no plans for the story to continue after that at any time. The next arc, which will continue Mirror Leeta's story will not be connected to ViL's story.
    Ok, Az. I understand your decision to willfully ignore 90% of a post and twist the remaining 10% into whatever strawman you decide to argue against. Have a nice day.
    Nah that's just not true. By your narrow definition of existing ViL based story episodes it may seem true but it isn't. Upcoming Leeta story will obviously build off of ViL since all Leeta related stuff takes place around DS9. More ViL flavored stuff like additional Jem'Hadar c-store ships, lock boxes and reputations have also been temporarily shelved as we've had almost a year of Discovery related content instead. Thankfully it's been mostly good content but it's quite jarring as the existing story has been totally abandoned. Fortunately it's only a temporary thing.
    None of that is ViL related content. Its post ViL content.

Might as well claim the Tzenkethi arc is AoY content.
    That's a bad example on your part. A better one would be comparing "post" ViL upcoming Leeta story to the Iconian arc that built directly on top of the Delta arc. AoY was a FED only starting story which didn't progress directly to the Tzenkethi story at all. They are separated by at least 10 arcs. Leeta's arc will build directly after the Gamma arc.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Well the actress who played Jadzia had just gotten married to Adam Nimoy so I'll guess she was busy.
    Wrong Dax. Jadzia died during the Dominion War. We're talking Ezri.
    latest?cb=20120329224208&path-prefix=en
    We could meet an alt-timeline Jadzia somehow. Maybe KT or MU?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Yeah, but he never calls her Dax in that. He does refer to Dax as a ship captain later on. However, IIRC, there is never a moment where it is directly said "Dax is the captain of the USS Aventine" in any in-game moment. Probably trying to loophole around having to pay the fees to the novel authors.

I believe when K-13 was found, The Aventine was brought in because of Dax and her experience with Klingons. While it was a Dev Blog, she was named in the blog. They just didn't reveal her face, just like they didn't reveal Torres in Dust to Dust, and Data at the end of Survivor.

Its possible that they just didn't figure out how to integrate Ezri and the Aventine yet, and the actress wasn't available.
    I'd rather ignore Ezri than admit Captain "super-Dax" of the Aventine exists. Not that I care much for any characters from DS9, the worst series in the franchise.

So not only do you judge a character who unfortunately only had 1 season of development in DS9, you're judging her on her portrayal in novels that have no bearing on the character in canon.

The only thing that has been established is that by now Ezri is a Captain, and happens to command a ship named Aventine. We also know that she's still got her Counselor skills, as she was sent to deal with the time displaced officers and Klingons on K-13. That's basically it. We can infer that she is a mother based on the line Bashir said at the end of Home, where he says he's gonna be working with the crew of the Aventine, which is made easier by the fact he's married to her Captain, but the kids would have to stay behind.

Also you're biased against the whole series.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    They also have drawn from other sources as well, otherwise the Tzenkethi would be humanoids rather than the big lizards we have. And so far they have done a pretty good job with canon characters.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Let the Emperor and Leeta kill each other ... then the reign of Empress Tilly can begin! :)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Let the Emperor and Leeta kill each other ... then the reign of Empress Tilly can begin! :)
    We (the Player Character) could kill them both and become Terran Emperor ourselves...for the next rank-up title. :p
    warpangel wrote: »
    We (the Player Character) could kill them both and become Terran Emperor ourselves...for the next rank-up title. :p

Emperor Sutherland ... I like the sound of that.
    Ambassador Kael has been trying to push Geko to do a Leeta meets Killy mission.

Plot Twist ... what if Killy is the current 'Emperor' ? :open_mouth:
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Mirror Leeta is the second most annoying character in the game, behind Sela, and the Terran Emprie, while making for a good episode, was not built on a sustainable foundation.
    It should have collapsed, as Mirror Spock himself predicted, long ago.

No society can function like the Terran Empire is supposed to function.

The internal flaws would drag it down, and beings like the Melkots, Organians, and the Q would certainly serve as major resource drains and accelerate the collapse.

Hahaha you are being too generous. IMO Leeta is actually the MOST annoying voice I have ever heard in an MMO. Listening to her is a real punishment tiger-11.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > thay8472 wrote: »
    >
    > Plot Twist ... what if Killy is the current 'Emperor' ? :open_mouth:
    >
    >
    >
    > The Terran Emperor is stated to be a man who gained mysterious, god-like, powers that allowed him to seemingly appear out of nowhere and crush anyone who stood up to him.
    >
    > My guess is Mirror O'brien.

Miles "Smiley" O'Brien is dead according to his son. Granted that is from missions no longer in game. However the description of the Emperor sounds much more like Mirror Wesley Crusher with the Traveller abilities.

Nooo ... god no ... anyone but him.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    > @thay8472 said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @somtaawkhar said:
    > > thay8472 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Plot Twist ... what if Killy is the current 'Emperor' ? :open_mouth:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > The Terran Emperor is stated to be a man who gained mysterious, god-like, powers that allowed him to seemingly appear out of nowhere and crush anyone who stood up to him.
    > >
    > > My guess is Mirror O'brien.
    >
    > Miles "Smiley" O'Brien is dead according to his son. Granted that is from missions no longer in game. However the description of the Emperor sounds much more like Mirror Wesley Crusher with the Traveller abilities.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nooo ... god no ... anyone but him.

Never once have I understood any of the hate on Wesley.

Season 1-2 Wesley was very much Gary Stu wish fullfillment from Gene Roddenberry. While the character did improve in later seasons by talented but realistically flawed, in the minds of many people it was too little too late.
  • kavolkavol Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Hahaha you are being too generous. IMO Leeta is actually the MOST annoying voice I have ever heard in an MMO. Listening to her is a real punishment​​

"Repairs complete! Now.. faaaace the wrath of the Terran Empirrrreeeee!"

That line is so cheesy that every time I run the Task Force a solid block of cheddar materialises on my desk.
    sto-large.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Mild, medium or sharp cheddar?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    kavol wrote: »
    Hahaha you are being too generous. IMO Leeta is actually the MOST annoying voice I have ever heard in an MMO. Listening to her is a real punishment​​

"Repairs complete! Now.. faaaace the wrath of the Terran Empirrrreeeee!"

That line is so cheesy that every time I run the Task Force a solid block of cheddar materialises on my desk.
    You know it might be more impressive if you didn't hear at least 3 times in a minute with a decent group ;)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    That line makes me roll my eyes that I disabled voices in options completely, but I have done that for a lot of other content too.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I never understood the hate for him
    Same here.

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,296 Community Moderator
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > thay8472 wrote: »
    >
    > Plot Twist ... what if Killy is the current 'Emperor' ? :open_mouth:
    >
    >
    >
    > The Terran Emperor is stated to be a man who gained mysterious, god-like, powers that allowed him to seemingly appear out of nowhere and crush anyone who stood up to him.
    >
    > My guess is Mirror O'brien.

Miles "Smiley" O'Brien is dead according to his son. Granted that is from missions no longer in game. However the description of the Emperor sounds much more like Mirror Wesley Crusher with the Traveller abilities.

I'm also hoping that the Terran Emperor turns out to be Mirror Wesley Crusher. I know that Wil Wheaton is pretty much done with Wesley, but the idea of a Mirror Universe God Emperor Wesley might just entice him to voice act the role.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @somtaawkhar said:
    > > thay8472 wrote: »
    > >
    > > Plot Twist ... what if Killy is the current 'Emperor' ? :open_mouth:
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > The Terran Emperor is stated to be a man who gained mysterious, god-like, powers that allowed him to seemingly appear out of nowhere and crush anyone who stood up to him.
    > >
    > > My guess is Mirror O'brien.
    >
    > Miles "Smiley" O'Brien is dead according to his son. Granted that is from missions no longer in game. However the description of the Emperor sounds much more like Mirror Wesley Crusher with the Traveller abilities.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'm also hoping that the Terran Emperor turns out to be Mirror Wesley Crusher. I know that Wil Wheaton is pretty much done with Wesley, but the idea of a Mirror Universe God Emperor Wesley might just entice him to voice act the role.

Well Big Bang Theory shows that Wheaton is willing to play a villainized version of himself, and his evil hacker Khaos on Leverage was very comfortable trading Trek references and Vulcan salutes with his enemy Hardison (Craft in the Short Trek Calypso). Plus evil Mirror Wesley is probably the only way he would play the character again. Though just to mention, it is not uncommon for child actors to distance themselves from their most well known character. Some don't, Soliel Moon Fry posted a video a few years ago, celebrating 1 million twitter followers I believe, where she wore a full Punky Brewster outfit. But then you have the first Alexander Rhozhenko who overdosed if I recall correctly. Or the middle child on Home Improvement who married someone 20 years older and got into organic farming or something, then had a divorce after multiple domestic incidents.

From what I've gathered from various sites online Wheaton is something of a trekkie himself and while he doesn't consider Wesley to be a good character and probably doesn't want to reprice the role of Prime-universe Wesley, he doesn't hate Trek or distance himself from it, he in fact did reviews of early TNG episodes partly from the prespective of his own experiences while filming them.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Yes, Mirror Wesley with Traveler abilities does make more sense. However I generally discount the idea that it is Mirror Wesley because of the, already discussed I see, known fact that Wheaton really doesn't want to do Wesley anymore. I doubt Cryptic would set up a possible in-game confrontation between Leeta and the Emperor, if they didn't think they could get the actor for the Emperor to play the part.
    Getting "the" actor for the part is no concern for an unknown character. Until Cryptic actually reveals the emperor's identity, they can make him anyone they want. Even if they did think of mirror Wesley when foreshadowing him, they can make him someone else if they can't get Wheaton.
This discussion has been closed.