test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

There are some events that we haven't had in a while...

nixbooxnixboox Member Posts: 1,041 Arc User
Crystalline Catastrophe Event hasn't been around lately. There was the Storming the Spire one that hasn't shown up in ages. I think there was a Counterpoint one too. I have these events slotted in my reputation tab and I'm missing, like, one or two special event tokens from each one.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    Sompek.
    ---
    "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
    Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Maybe they will do mirror invasion with new season... it fits the theme.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    There's never been a Storming the Spire or Counterpoint event, so I have no idea where those are coming from. Before the current focus on debuting new TFOs (or a reskin of an old one, in the case of Peril Over Pahvo) as 3-week events, we had Crystalline Catastrophe, Mirror Invasion and Breach as 3-week events, Sompek, and Kobayashi Maru as occasional Weekend Events, and, recently, Red Alert weekends in various flavors. Perhaps we'll get Crystalline, Mirror or Breach at some point, but I wouldn't hold my breath for them until the Tier 6 ship coupon deal ends in September or whenever. Sompek or Kobayashi Maru could probably happen any given weekend.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    nixboox wrote: »
    anodynes wrote: »
    There's never been a Storming the Spire or Counterpoint event, so I have no idea where those are coming from. Before the current focus on debuting new TFOs (or a reskin of an old one, in the case of Peril Over Pahvo) as 3-week events, we had Crystalline Catastrophe, Mirror Invasion and Breach as 3-week events, Sompek, and Kobayashi Maru as occasional Weekend Events, and, recently, Red Alert weekends in various flavors. Perhaps we'll get Crystalline, Mirror or Breach at some point, but I wouldn't hold my breath for them until the Tier 6 ship coupon deal ends in September or whenever. Sompek or Kobayashi Maru could probably happen any given weekend.

The Mirror Invasion was the one where we played Counterpoint...at least it was when I played it. And the Into the Breach might be the one I'm remembering as Storming the Spire. I haven't seen Sompek or Kobayahsi Maru.

You are probably thinking that the TFO "Counterpoint" where we deal with Terrans around DS9, is the same as "Mirror Invasion" where we're dealing with Terrans around a Romulan station. Both have a portal phase, but Mirror invasion's portal phase lasts most of the TFO.

However, Into the Breach is as far from Storming the Spire as you can get.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Crystal Catastrophe special event, along w/ Mirror AFK special event are the ones that haven't made appearance for a long time(though more recent than the players getting new Romulan ships...Just think about that ;) ). But I don't think Cryptic is going to do those for a long time, considering the stiffy for Discovery content. The Breach event is usually once a year. Between the Winter event and Anniversary event I believe.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    The first few times, Breach ran shortly after the Anniversary. Then they ran it an extra time last September, right after Crystalline Cataclysm made its long-awaited return. Looking at it in hindsight, I think that those were both to prepare us for the new Featured TFO system timing, being so close together, and to give us a last look at them for the time being.

I can't say that I miss Mirror Invasion, but it would be nice to have the other two back at some point.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Doesn't the MI event usually turn up around the tail end of may and end about the start of the risa stuff.

They could tweaks the spawns for this years to use disco mirrors instead but I can't see any other changes being done to it.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'd sooner the Mirror Event never reappeared as I hate it.

But not as much as I loathe the Kamikazee Maru event.

Plasma lance firing in 3...2...1.

The only one of the event I want to come back in Sompek. The others are meh, not worth worrying over.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »
    There was a Storming the Spire event a few years back around 2017. Think it was a 1 weekend thing and has been one more then once I believe.

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    I'd sooner the Mirror Event never reappeared as I hate it.

But not as much as I loathe the Kamikazee Maru event.

Plasma lance firing in 3...2...1.

The only one of the event I want to come back in Sompek. The others are meh, not worth worrying over.

Yeah - of all of the Sompek is probably the easiest to tolerate.

My biggest problem are the "5 and die!" folks.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I play the timed 20 minute versions of Kamikaze Maru and Sompek.
    I like it when things go crazy
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
      edited May 2019
      azrael605 wrote: »
      For the old 14 day events like CC, MI, Breach, etc they should put in a 1 to 1 conversion of the old tokens into featured TFO tokens and allow the use of those to finish old 14 day event projects.

Same with the old anniversary tokens. I've still got some of those sitting in my inventory. I missed the anniversary for it. But, the tokens were in my C-store.. so claimed them. Now.. can't do jack with them.
      Post edited by trennan on
      Mm5NeXy.gif
    • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
      azrael605 wrote: »
      For the old 14 day events like CC, MI, Breach, etc they should put in a 1 to 1 conversion of the old tokens into featured TFO tokens and allow the use of those to finish old 14 day event projects.
      That would have been nice. The fact that they haven't done this tells me that the old events are coming back at some point.
      When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    This discussion has been closed.