test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Will there be another delta recruitment this year or something similar?

legionexxodlegionexxod Member Posts: 21 Arc User
I wanted to make a new character, and yes I realise I could do this any time, but I like maximising on the usefulness of each of my characters as much as possible, sadly i missed out on creating a rom and kdf delta recruit, I didnt realise at the time you could get rewards for making a delta recruit in all factions. And the last thing I want to do is make a character then a recruitment campaign comes out then i have to make another character to benefit from it. I'm sure some of you would say "just make the character you want to make" but personally I don't like having loads and loads of characters without reason, its kinda like how i only keep a few icons on my desktop rather than cluttering it with everything i don't frequently use. I guess I like to keep my character selection screen the same way, and I've done the whole delete character to make room for another character or recruit a couple of times already. So id just like to know if anything is coming this year so i can wait for it or if anyone can say for certain that it isn't then ill just get on with making my themed character.

Kind regards.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    I wouldn't count on it. It's been less than a year since Victory is Life, and even less time since Age of Discovery. They usually go two years between huge recruitment events.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Yeah, my guess if they did another redo event, it would be Temporal next. They already did Delta once, they have Temporal and VIL after that before they would redo a redo recruiting event. So maybe we would see Temporal at the end of the year?
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    The OP has a valid point.

Delta is the only recruitment that splits its rewards among three different factions. In order to take advantage of it you have to crate a character in each.

It should be run more often than the others simply for this fact.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    The OP has a valid point.

Delta is the only recruitment that splits its rewards among three different factions. In order to take advantage of it you have to crate a character in each.

It should be run more often than the others simply for this fact.

No, the OP was referencing wanting to create ONE character. So in that light, the bonus rewards available for completing a new character (if you missed the previous run and unlocks of course) would be available from a temporal or VIL event again as well, making them all equal.

However, I agree the odds of those being re run are small, considering both only required a single character to be created....pretty much anybody that had interest already did. So doing it again,they won't get the huge response since there isn't as much reward (no additional account unlocks/rewards if you already did it) for players to do it.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    Delta also was the only Recruitment Event, that did not restricted races - I still did not created any Cardassian - I'm waiting for something interesting, so it would be worth geting new toon into play - I have already around 20 toons on my account.
    … and while Age of Discovery was new thing (at the time), it was not a Recruitment Event.
  • legionexxodlegionexxod Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I'm kinda sad that age of discovery didn't include a recruitment event even one just aimed at discovery only characters (although I do feel that the KDF side is lacking some love) especially with all the work they put into discovery. maybe it was rushed? or maybe they just didn't want another-one too soon after Victory is life? either way, my discovery character just feels like any other character with no benefit to the rest of my roster what so ever at this minute... warp effect is cool though.
    Also, I feel that we could have gotten another fleet base. Maybe a fleet historical research base/ or Alternate history research base... depending on how the time line is viewed.
    Saying that, with all the attention on discovery I feel that everything else is kinda falling by the way side, I'd still like to see more borg content, more innovation of things that havnt changed like shuttles and shuttle game play. More playable species and more species in general to encounter and have as bridge officers... and with that as I mentioned before, another recruitment event. I may put this in another topic actually I dont know how many people feel the same but I think these would be great additions.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Yeah, with AoD we probably had two time issues:

(1) Player time, ViL just happened, most wouldn't have finished their recruits by this point and not everybody would probably have been happy had another recruitment started in this phase.

(2) Dev time, ViL just happened, DSC stuff itself happened, which took a lot of dev time. I guess putting out a recruitment event is a bit of work, and the time probably wasn't there even if they wanted to do it.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    If they were going to do another then it's more likely to be the AoY event than the Delta event since they already did the latter twice now.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I am hoping they don't do anymore recruitment events..

They should however, re-run the ones that people have missed. There were some pretty nice bonuses that players should have a chance at getting.

I was lucky enough to have done them all during the original window, but not everyone was able to.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Adding my voice to the hope of a re-run recruitment event. I've missed the previous ones and would like a chance at those experiences as they were intended. The Temporal Recruitment Event would be awesome for myself and many other new players or vets who missed the previous run on PC.

In addition to the exclusive unlock-able abilities, as was mentioned, there would be a greater sense of investment if the char was more than just another toon able to be created at any time.
This discussion has been closed.