test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do you want to see from Discovery Season 2?

Comments

• Options
    dataalfdataalf Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I want nothing from TRIBBLE, nor from season 1 or from season 2. Well... maybe time crystal to go back in time and wipe out TRIBBLE from existence completely. Leave TRIBBLE. and go back to Trek. Until then, cheers.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I wanted nothing from season 1...
    Post edited by dataalf on
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    and I want nothing from season 2.
  • Options
    legionexxodlegionexxod Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    1. Unrestriction between reputations and lobi store costumes and normal uniforms... we should be able to mix and match, we'd have so much more variety, and more of a reason to purchase and unlock costumes because i usually find theres one thing i like about most costumes and uniforms but not everything.
    2. At least 2 alternative energy types for each reputation at T6, I absolutely love alternate energy types, I just wish they were more diverse, there are still builds I'm struggling with, for example I'd love to have a build which incorporates the isokinetic cannon... but I dont want to use thoron infused polaron or antiproton. as the rest of my build works perfectly between my skills, abilities, and phaser damage.
    3. heavy weapon varients of reputation exotic weapons (like the kinetic cutting beam for example) I realise that this may or may not sound great but 1) it can get a recolour, 2) as long as it goes towards the set bonus it'll allow for more build diversity without impacting the users ideal main build theme.
    4. A vanity shield bundle. I get that the current vanity shields are based on enemies, factions, and reputations but why not expand on that and look outside the box a little? If the STO universe were real and I was one of my characters I would definitely paint my ships uniquely, like for example a glossey white with golden ancient murals along the hull. I'd actually pay for this!
    5. Fleet shuttles and more shuttle content. I actually think shuttles are one of those things that is massively overlooked to the point where no one discusses their shuttle build because nothing has ever changed for shuttles. I'd like to see more shuttle TFOs more shuttle missions, and more advanced shuttles in the game, there certainly are enough models in the game already. I'd imagine the advanced/fleet shuttles would have a mastery system minus the t6 unlock because i wouldnt count them as t6 in any way, and would benefit from an extra weapon slot/console slot or something different entirely, and unique to shuttles.
    6. Every energy weapon type should have an omni-directional beam option... I really dont understand why this isnt already the case? it wouldnt be game breaking because of the existing resrictions, no one would have more than a combination of 2 anyway.
    7. And finally I'd like to see a new recruitment campaign please.

I'd also want the same thing that has been asked for ages! and that's an ability to set one of my ships as a "emergency support ship" and crew it with my redundant bridge officers, and have a captain ability to call it for assistance. this could just be a rehash of fleet support where if you don't set the emergency support ship you just get the standard npc support ship, if you do though, you get your ship. I know it has been asked for before, but I'll keep asking. I don't think anyone wouldn't have fun with this.

Anyway, thats everything I'd like to see.

Kind regards.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator

None of this has to do with stuff in Discovery Season 2.

Could be a backdoor way of aasking for some of the small craft from Discovery if we look at it from a certain angle while standing on our heads?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Enterprise with hangar bays and those pets, the red angel suit, to visit new Eden in current STO time, the races shown on the show, the Section 31 ships and drones, the Sphere creature, the Monasaery on Borath, to visit inside the mycillile network.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    dataalf wrote: »
    and I want nothing from season 2.
    attention.jpg

Enjoy yourself in Elite Land - we'll just be over here slumming it up with more options for our characters and ships. Oh, and more missions, which of course offend you by being associated with DSC.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Oh and repair droids.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Ok, people are allowed to NOT like Discovery, and express it. We draw the line at gatekeeping, though. We're not going to allow people to troll fans just because they enjoy Discovery, so let's not troll others just because they dislike Discovery.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    legionexxodlegionexxod Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I'm kinda sad that age of discovery didn't include a recruitment event even one just aimed at discovery only characters (although I do feel that the KDF side is lacking some love) especially with all the work they put into discovery. maybe it was rushed? or maybe they just didn't want another-one too soon after Victory is life? either way, my discovery character just feels like any other character with no benefit to the rest of my roster what so ever at this minute... warp effect is cool though.
    Also, I feel that we could have gotten another fleet base. Maybe a fleet historical research base/ or Alternate history research base... depending on how the time line is viewed.
    Saying that, with all the attention on discovery I feel that everything else is kinda falling by the way side, I'd still like to see more borg content, more innovation of things that havn't changed like shuttles and shuttle game play. More playable species and more species in general to encounter and have as bridge officers... and with that as I mentioned before, another recruitment event.
  • Options
    mickcasanovamickcasanova Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Let's not forget.. Anson Mount already quit TRIBBLE... Wonder why?
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure Anson Mount didn't quit Star Trek discovery so much as his contract ran out, like Jason Isaacs before him he only had a 1 season contract from what I've heard so he didn't quit out of discust as you imply but rather he did the job he was contracted to do.
  • Options
    spiritborn wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Anson Mount didn't quit Star Trek discovery so much as his contract ran out, like Jason Isaacs before him he only had a 1 season contract from what I've heard so he didn't quit out of discust as you imply but rather he did the job he was contracted to do.

Not only that, Anson Mount has expressed interest in reprising the role of Pike.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    Just a reminder: if you're not talking about adding things from Season 2 of Discovery, then you're off topic.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    drsid#3032 drsid Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    admiralmedea1admiralmedea1 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    rattler2 wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Also the only major difference in Tellarite appearance were a set of tusks.

Which could be viewed as a different ethnic group of Tellarites to explain the differences in universe. Out of universe... obviously advances in cosmetics. I mean the differences between the TOS and Ent Tellarites are pretty substantial while maintaining the overall appearance. Same with the Andorians.

The ENT Tellarites were definitely an improvement over the crude masks used in TOS. On the other hand, ENT totally missed the cultural references the Andorians were based on (just like DSC did with the Talosians) in TOS (which is rather sad) but they were interesting even if way off the mark.

What I would most like to see in a second season DSC adaptation in STO would be a better tie-in schtick than the silly holodeck nonsense that "season one" was rife with. I suppose CBS would not like that though. Discovery is so generic that nothing really stands out as something that should be included.

Something that just occurred to me though would be a revamp of the AoY recruitment event with the option to run it as TOS or DSC. In fact, they could even use the same sets and whatnot, just reskinned for DSC for the DSC side (and using DSC people instead of Scotty and Bones of course). That kind of dichotomy has a certain appeal.
  • Options
    The main issue I see with that is that TOS characters were directly involved with Temporal events. Discovery characters aren't. Hell... our Discovery characters were brought forward in time by accident. Daniels just ensured that they survived and created a cover story.
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The main issue I see with that is that TOS characters were directly involved with Temporal events. Discovery characters aren't. Hell... our Discovery characters were brought forward in time by accident. Daniels just ensured that they survived and created a cover story.

True, though Daniels' intervention could be the point they are recruited at easily enough.

There is also the convention that DSC characters go though a reskinned version of the mainline Federation startup so there would be a certain symmetry if DSC temporal agents went through a reskinned AoY (which also has the advantage of being something different from the usual startup and variety is a good thing). It would not be a necessary thing of course since the normal DSC startup provides the same opportunity that the AoY startup does, but it would be a nice thing. And the important part comes afterwards anyway as it encourages players to revisit the old episodes following the transponder completion path.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Discovery jumped 950 years into the future, not 2000, nothing anywhere has ever put anything 2000 years in the future, and Georgiou will be bringing it back to the 23rd century by the end of season 3 to hide it in a nebula so she can get to her Section 31 show, and the crew can retrieve it after its AI has had time to evolve, which for them will be right after Georgiou left.

By the way, my Discovery predictions are still 100 percent, I haven't been wrong on anything I've called yet.

Unless there's another major shakeup, like what happened during the production of part one and two of Season One and again for Season Two.
  • Options
    mudd1701mudd1701 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    All the things mentioned above plus Disco Klingon skin for Klingon playable race.
    Those nasty mines seen in Project Daedalus
    An appearance by Number One with Rebecca Romijn or Majel Barret archival VO. What was her fate at least in STO canon?

And also, albeit non Disco:
    Pah Wraith Dukat versus the Emissary!!!!!!!!!!
    Return of Data!!!!!
    TNG/DS9/VGR crossovers!
    An Enterprise based story! Dr Phlox might still be alive!
    How about the Romulan War of 2161 as a time travel event?
This discussion has been closed.