test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do you want to see from Discovery Season 2?

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Also the only major difference in Tellarite appearance were a set of tusks.

Which could be viewed as a different ethnic group of Tellarites to explain the differences in universe. Out of universe... obviously advances in cosmetics. I mean the differences between the TOS and Ent Tellarites are pretty substantial while maintaining the overall appearance. Same with the Andorians.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    tigeraries wrote: »
    backpack/armor with wings that allow you to fly in maps

We have floaters for this. Just not in all maps. Would require to much coding work to patch all of the holes in the ones not set up for it. Hence, why we don't have it.
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Red angel armor, and every time you activate suits power a Japanese anime intro song plays

This is Star Trek. If you want this, there are any number of bad chinese grinder mmo's out there with them. Let's leave the bad where it belongs, shall we?
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Disco-Enterprise uniforms that are separate from Discovery uniforms. It's hard to replicate the uniforms when the metallic trim shows.

Temporal monk robe for Klingons.

Communicator emote is needed for Disco feeder faction when using the transporter, to bring it closer to the show (I just wish that the transporter lensflare effect wasn't as overpowering; when Captain Pike and Co. beamed down to that Red Angel saved that WWIII era town, the lensflare was so bright, I'm surprised people didn't run towards them wondering what the heck was going on.....).
    OH! I thought of something I'd like to add...

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2019%2F02%2F113420_0606b.jpg&w=400&c=sc&poi=face&q=85
    Open Jacket variant Discovery uniform
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ddwarhorse#2097 ddwarhorse Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    (Discriminatory comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    I heard there was supposed to be Tellarites in Disco, but I don't remember seeing them in the show. Mind you, the repair drones look like they were made with Tellarites in mind (their heads look porquine).
    Oh yeah... of the three, I gotta say that the Dicovery era version looks the best...

26863142_956424081178994_2800762312753938432_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    We need a Linus Sinus Sneeze Emote!
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Make a hologram Burnham we can fire at, like what was done with hologram Kurland? >:)o:)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • mckurland91mckurland91 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    We definitely need the DSC Constitution Class vessel. drydock.jpg
    That's her in drydock.
  • sch3ff3lsch3ff3l Member Posts: 118 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2019
    a proper section 31 storyline revolving around the outrageous plot of discovery (mostly covering up the massive plot hole of the series) and something to tie in the story of the disco storyline with XXV century characters...
    since it just feels those the episodes should have being faction locked or had some proper introduction (like it was done as much as 5 times already in the game with romulan storyline,the undine,the iconians,the klingons and the dyson spheres) the disco ones feel out of place as they are right now...
    9gagger, starfleet captain, bug hunter...

spocked thumb face...
  • jr20mb13jr20mb13 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    i just really want to see dsc era klingon skins, clothing and weapons. honestly they were the most intriguing part of both seasons.
  • rhazedurilerhazedurile Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    More hairstyles would be nice. I'd really like to move back to the present timeline for the game, however.
    dZWjlSs.jpg
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited April 2019
    ● An update to Faction Ship Interiors &/or possibly Ferenginar?
    ● Or expand area's of ESD [Upper/Lower Levels];
    ╘ Quonos [Lower Levels | like Exchange];
    ╘ New Romulus {Reman lower area's]
    sch3ff3l wrote: »
    a proper section 31 storyline revolving around the outrageous plot of discovery (mostly covering up the massive plot hole of the series) and something to tie in the story of the disco storyline...

Or as our other Community Volunteer noted that would also be nice. But I'm easy going so anything new is fantastic! Though I probably have a few favorites...
    rattler2 wrote: »
    OH! I thought of something I'd like to add...
    image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fewedit.files.wordpress.com%2F2019%2F02%2F113420_0606b.jpg&w=400&c=sc&poi=face&q=85
    Open Jacket variant Discovery uniform

This would be fantastic as well!
    jr20mb13 wrote: »
    i just really want to see dsc era klingon skins, clothing and weapons. honestly they were the most intriguing part of both seasons.

Another vary satisfying idea, to offer our Klingon friends as well!
    More hairstyles would be nice. I'd really like to move back to the present timeline for the game, however.

With the Picard Series coming we'll likely see the timeline advanced forward of discovery, not to mention Season 3 is 950 years into the future, so it's likely going to take us where no 'person' has gone before.

I know we be lucky to get but a 1-2, yet be amazing if in time we got we got several, also some great idea's on Page 1.

Warm Regards,
    Strathkin
    0zxlclk.png
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    There's some costume options that could be swiped from CO to make a Red Angel suit - I'll try to assemble one later and post a pic. :smile:

Jon's Post, supplemental: And of course, me being me, I ran off to do this very thing. I don't have time right now to actually put together the costume, but the key bit that needs imported from Champions is a C-Store item, the Jet Wings - more specifically, a piece called Wings Jet 2, which has the proper mechanical look. (The Holoforce Wings are also a valid choice, but they'd need to be altered, as currently the design elements are free-floating and presumably held together by force fields.) Just slapping those on an EV Suit would probably be good enough for STO, especially as the best CO helmet option, Emissive, was (IIRC) an event reward.
    Post edited by jonsills on
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    Considering Discovery was picked up for a 3rd season so far... its not "over". And maybe Georgiou does take the suit back to the 23rd Century, but it doesn't mean Discovery can't proceed without her. All we know is that Discovery herself is in the future. If anything, declaring it is over when it was picked up for another season is jumping to conclusions. Also we don't know if she HAS been waiting for a full 1000 years considering the ship looks relatively well maintained, not like an ancient vessel.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    except 4 goes completely out the window if the show ends up taking place between S1 and S2 of discovery​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,100 Arc User
    33 Century STO content. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    You know... there IS a way for Georgiou to come back from the future while leaving Discovery in the future...
    El Red Angel EV Suit. Thing probably would get fried, preventing a third use.
  • mickcasanovamickcasanova Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Just want to see it be over is all. :)
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    - Red Angel Enviro Suit
    - New Eden space and ground map complete with that weird church
    - Obviously the ST-D version of the U.S.S. Enterprise
    - Definitely add me to the list of people that want ST-D Tellarites, Andorians and Saurians

Last but not least VOICE OVER WORK FROM TIG NOTARO. She was WAY underused as a character. I love her character's dialogue and delivery.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • vaarkanvaarkan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    +1 for everything please, but definitely more

Jason Isaacs (technically S1, but... Jason Isaacs)
    Anson Mount
    Michelle Yeoh
    Clem Fandango
    Doug Jones

meh, i'm just listing all of them aren't I? I refer you to my original Everything.

High-level playable S31 toon might be interesting if you could have huge story/decisions/greyness. cf SWTOR, in the trooper campaign, when you could either explosively decompress your girlfriend or have everyone else on the space station die. Whatever new elements are introduced, the story will win if it's big enough. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.