test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Post-VIL Storyline

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
This discussion was created from comments split from: [REQ]So after the current arc, maybe some more KT?.

Since the folks in that thread would rather discuss this than the original OP topic, these comments have been split off into a new thread so they can continue their discussion. - BMR
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Honestly I am not even looking forward to anything Leeta related anymore.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I think the plan was that we were going to finally finish off Leeta with this upcoming arc.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    I hate to say it... but at this point I don't think its gonna matter how many times we say it. Haters gonna hate and rant that it was cut short. Feels like they think development cycle is only a week per episode rather than months before we even see it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,323 Community Moderator
    And those people will be dealt with for trolling the forum.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Mirror Leeta is the second most annoying character in the game, behind Sela, and the Terran Emprie, while making for a good episode, was not built on a sustainable foundation.
    It should have collapsed, as Mirror Spock himself predicted, long ago.

No society can function like the Terran Empire is supposed to function.

The internal flaws would drag it down, and beings like the Melkots, Organians, and the Q would certainly serve as major resource drains and accelerate the collapse.
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    It did collapse, mostly due to Mirror Spock. Hence why the Terrans were slaves to the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in DS9. The Terrans got a hold of the USS Defiant schematics from the prime universe, built their own, and defeated the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, in the DS9 Mirror Universe episodes.

They have spent the last 34 years rebuilding their empire, and re-asserting their dominance across the galaxy.

Now that would be a interesting story :) How the Terran Empire remerged as the supreme power in the Mirror Universe. I suspect Killy and time travel.

In fact with Killy experimenting with using agonisers as weapons and the 25c Terran Empire having them as standard issued weapons, I wouldn't be surprised if Killy played a role in that :O

She could also be the reason the Empire started to hate aliens again. It might explain the change from the 'Terran Rebellion' who were alien friendly.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    off topic as all hell guys :/

p.s.
    the TNG mirror comics suggest spock's reforms were making the empire better but he was a great scapegoat.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Another rendition.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    It did collapse, mostly due to Mirror Spock's reforms weakening it from within, combined with the rise of the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance. Hence why the Terrans were slaves to the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in DS9. The Terrans got a hold of the USS Defiant schematics from the prime universe, built their own, and defeated the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance, in the DS9 Mirror Universe episodes. They have spent the last 34 years rebuilding their empire, and re-asserting their dominance across the galaxy.
    The internal flaws would drag it down, and beings like the Melkots, Organians, and the Q would certainly serve as major resource drains and accelerate the collapse.
    -The Organians don't care, and have strict non interference policies which they mention they made one, and only one, exception for in TOS. Which is also why they never make any moves in any other Trek series.
    -Q likewise wouldn't care what the "savages" in the lower planes of existence are doing.
    -The Melkots aren't even powerful in the first place, much less nowhere near something like the Organians or Q. The Terran Empire would have eradicated them from space like they did the Talosians.

Convenient that they can make people believe things that are not there on a mass scale and at great distances, but if they just want to stay in orbit and blast away at the planet not one Talosian or Melkot could make them turn off life support, blast other ships instead of the planet, or set a course for the heart of the sun.

So what this shows me is that writers are sometimes desperate to activate the nostalgia power of the TOS and the Mirror Universe.

Logic can not hold. Reason is freely discarded. Continuuity be damned. There is money to be made and an audience willing to forgive us our trespasses.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Though its possible she just wasn't free at the time.
    I think this shapes a lot of their story choices. "Which actors can we get to do stuff?" I mean, they created the character of Thy'kir Shran, just because Jeffrey Coombs was doing VA work. They didn't have a story reason to use Thy'lek Shran, but they did have an opportunity to have him play a character.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    It's too bad that they didn't add the Aventine parked outside DS9.
  • Options
    I personally think Dax was "left out" because they put her in command of the USS Aventine in-game like she is in the books. However, while they mentioned this in lore blogs, I don't think they directly say it in-game, likely because that would require additional licensing costs to the novel authors.

Though its possible she just wasn't free at the time.

Well... Bashir does say he's married to the Captain of the Aventine...

There's also mention of kids...
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Well the actress who played Jadzia had just gotten married to Adam Nimoy so I'll guess she was busy.

Wrong Dax. Jadzia died during the Dominion War. We're talking Ezri.
    latest?cb=20120329224208&path-prefix=en
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Look at how quickly they dropped ViL in favor of a current show in Discovery.
    For the 1 billionth time, Cryptic did not "drop" ViL to focus on Discovery content.

ViL was going to end in the same place regardless of if they did Discovery content or not. The ONLY thing Discovery changed was the POST ViL story, which was orignally going to focus on Mirror Leeta.
    Nah that's just not true. By your narrow definition of existing ViL based story episodes it may seem true but it isn't. Upcoming Leeta story will obviously build off of ViL since all Leeta related stuff takes place around DS9. More ViL flavored stuff like additional Jem'Hadar c-store ships, lock boxes and reputations have also been temporarily shelved as we've had almost a year of Discovery related content instead. Thankfully it's been mostly good content but it's quite jarring as the existing story has been totally abandoned. Fortunately it's only a temporary thing.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    It is exactly true. ViL was not cut short, DSC content had the same 2 year development cycle as all other content and was not rushed in.
    I didn't say that ViL was cut short, az. I said it was dropped. As in forgotten, abandoned etc. I also defined what "ViL" means so that you and @somtaawkhar won't have this confusion again. But at this point we're derailing, so let's end this argument.

Personally I would like more JJ content but as I said before, it won't happen without some new injection of life into that film series (meaning a new film). As there is a current TV show (Discovery) and will be further Star Trek TV shows to come, there isn't really a place to tie in further JJ content.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    All this talk of kids and home life are we looking to make the next Arc

'Leave it to Ezri' or
    'Make Room for Ezri' or
    'Ezri Knows Best'

:)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.