test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - 05/03/19

moonroachmoonroach Member Posts: 29 Cryptic Developer
Tribble has been updated to ST.95.20190425a.5

Discovery Legends Reputation:
  • This new reputation will be available with Rise of Discovery and will feature all new traits, kit modules, space equipment sets and a ground equipment set, as well as new ground armor and space visuals.
  • Earn Discovery Marks by participating in our newest TFO, “Operation Riposte”, as well as participating in the “Peril Over Pahvo”, “Defense of Starbase One”, or “Pahvo Dissention” TFOs.
  • P.stellaviatori Spores can be earned by participating in the Advanced and Elite versions of the “Operation Riposte” TFO, as well as the “Peril Over Pahvo”, “Defense of Starbase One”, or “Pahvo Dissention” TFOs.

Rewards:
Content:
  • Infected: The Conduit:
    • There is now a 30 second mission briefing time before the queue begins
    • Adjusted the position of the spheres in the initial spawn
  • "Facility 4028" accolade "Hologram Master": Fixed a bug that prevented engineers who were Romulan, Dominion, Discovery, or TOS captains from using the console necessary to complete the accolade.

Systems:
  • Resolved an issue that was preventing all battleship-rank Klingon NPCs from having access to Cannon Scatter Volley above level 20, but instead having it below this level.
    • This was backwards, and these NPCs now gain access to this ability at 20 and do not lose it at higher levels.

Comments

• timberwolf#2067 timberwolf Member Posts: 49 Media Corps
    > @moonroach said:
    > Tribble has been updated to ST.95.20190425a.5
    >
    > Discovery Legends Reputation:
    > * This new reputation will be available with Rise of Discovery and will feature all new traits, kit modules, space equipment sets and a ground equipment set, as well as new ground armor and space visuals.
    > * Earn Discovery Marks by participating in our newest TFO, “Operation Riposte”, as well as participating in the “Peril Over Pahvo”, “Defense of Starbase One”, or “Pahvo Dissention” TFOs.
    > * P.stellaviatori Spores can be earned by participating in the Advanced and Elite versions of the “Operation Riposte” TFO, as well as the “Peril Over Pahvo”, “Defense of Starbase One”, or “Pahvo Dissention” TFOs.
    >
    >
    > Rewards:
    > * Discovery Marks and P.stellaviatori Spore Canisters can be submitted for Reputation XP and new, high-quality gear acquisitions.
    > * Stamets and Tilly’s Ingenuity (Space Set – 4 Pieces)
    > * Lorca’s Ambition (Space Weapon Set – 3 Pieces)
    > * Burnham’s Resolve (Ground Set – 3 Pieces)
    > * All new Kit Modules and Traits
    >
    >
    > * For more information, please visit the “Introducing the Discovery Legends Reputation” blog at:
    > https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11152283-introducing-the-discovery-legends-reputation
    >
    >
    > Content:
    > * Infected: The Conduit:
    > * There is now a 30 second mission briefing time before the queue begins
    > * Adjusted the position of the spheres in the initial spawn
    >
    >
    > * "Facility 4028" accolade "Hologram Master": Fixed a bug that prevented engineers who were Romulan, Dominion, Discovery, or TOS captains from using the console necessary to complete the accolade.
    >
    >
    > Systems:
    > * Resolved an issue that was preventing all battleship-rank Klingon NPCs from having access to Cannon Scatter Volley above level 20, but instead having it below this level.
    > * This was backwards, and these NPCs now gain access to this ability at 20 and do not lose it at higher levels.

Hey moonroach, can we get the console on Drozana updated to have Discovery Legends mark boxes? That will make it easier to level up and test the reputation for everyone
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    1. The tables at Starfleet Academy are back.
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Also, the tables at Starfleet Academy are still missing. This includes both the tables in the bar area and those outside by the walls to the east and south.

2. The "giant" problem with floaters and powerboards has been fixed.

Floaters seem to be broken in a funny way. lol

3. But I've noticed a new problem: The splash animation looks too gray on Risa when Lighting 2.0 is off. It looks as though you've jumped in a puddle of dirty water.

4. The lighting problem in the "Status" tab remains. See my update to the bug report below.

Lighting in "Status" tab too dark when Lighting 2.0 is off
    frtoaster wrote: »
    I'm still seeing this problem after the latest Tribble patch. After thinking about for a bit, I've come to the conclusion that it may not be possible to make the "Status" tab look right with only one set of lights. If you dim the lights for Lighting 2.0, they will be too dark when Lighting 2.0 is off, and if you make the lights brighter, they will be too bright for Lighting 2.0. And no compromise will work either; you'll just wind up with something that looks bad in both cases. It seems to me that someone did attempt such a compromise, and the result is not good. The "Status" tab is still too bright when Lighting 2.0 is on, even though it's darker than before. But now, it's too dark when Lighting 2.0 is off, whereas before it actually looked OK. I think you really need two sets of lights, one for each case.

5. The hair problems remain.

Hair has lost its shine

6. Some old graphics bugs that are still with us:

Holodeck ticket 4,724,452: Flashing grass on Risa
    Holodeck ticket 4,766,733: Changing any graphics setting changes resolution scale from 1 to 0
    Starfleet Academy (2409/2410) flickering textures/shadows.

7. I reported this bug about the duty officer filters long ago.

Holodeck ticket 3,388,873: Duty officer UI not updating correctly

In general, you seem to have problems with refreshing the duty officer UI. Sometimes, the problem fixes itself after a short delay; other times, you have to mouse over the affected UI element to fix the problem. For example, here's a similar bug in the list of duty officer assignments.

Holodeck ticket 3,950,114: Names of duty officer assignments not displayed
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • gingi101gingi101 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Its currently impossible to test as no-one is joining the TFO's on tribble, therefore theres no way to get the marks.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I will not do yet another reputation, the reputation system takes months if you have 10 toons to do it on. To do only the reputation system for months to have it on everyone means 0 missions 0 events - 0 fun. I have at this time opted to not even do the reputation on 2 new toons i made in the last 4 months AND i will not do the new rep on the other 8 i have. The reputation system and the way it works requires too much time to be doing it for all your toons just to have the traits and such so it will not be done. If this game continues in the direction its going in verry soon you are likely going to loose a player cause i will be leaving, i already did this in another game and do not regret that descision on that game. This game is next. It use to be fun and now its grind grind grind grind grind. Due to the direction the game is going in i find myself discouraged in helping with the test server phase of the game and therefore have deleted the test server off my computer, it will not be put back.
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    Uh guys? There's no reputation packs at Drozana station. Can't test stuff if we can't access it. No, I will NOT run queues to get reputation marks.
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    On Lighting 2.0

I have been replaying the Iconian War Missions, and I noticed that on Mission: Time in a Bottle when you get to the section of Investigate the Krenim Outpost, with Lighting 2.0 on, it is so dark that the screen is almost completely black. I need to turn it off for me to see where to go to Help the Krenim: Fix Temporal Compensation Emitter, Align Capacitor and Fix Temporal Alignment Transceiver

Also at the end of Mission: Midnight where you have the Conference at the Academy, the view is dark compared to the social zone.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    That part of that episode has been dark even on the main server since lighting 2.0 messed up the system.
  • timberwolf#2067 timberwolf Member Posts: 49 Media Corps
    > @allyoftheforce said:
    > Uh guys? There's no reputation packs at Drozana station. Can't test stuff if we can't access it. No, I will NOT run queues to get reputation marks.

^^this. No one is queuing for the TFOs, so it is impossible to test atm
  • four7alphatangofour7alphatango Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    The DSC-Era TFOs don't appear to offer Discovery Marks as a reward option. A group and I ran Starbase 1 earlier tonight and we only were able to select the current mark options (Fleet, Gamma, Omega, etc.) From what I hear, another group had the same experience with Operation: Riposte. Looks like we may need to wait for the next patch or two on Tribble for it to be testable.