test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bridge officers

ozzymiteozzymite Member Posts: 44 Arc User
edited April 2019 in The Academy
Hi
I have 4 Bridge officer slots with 3 of those slots taken but i can't seem to get the 4th spot filled even though i have 3 extra officers available. Can someone tell me how to add a bridge officer officer to this slot please?

Picture of what i'm talking about.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1oW6Ol4P5Zy6evshVzbm1dbOXZCbTpCyX
Tagged:

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    You don't have any bridge officer slots available which is why you can't add anyone from your recruit list.

If you had a slot open, you would have another tab on the left that said Empty Bridge Officer Slot or something like that.

As for your ship station, the open slot is an Ensign Engineering station. You only have 1 Engineer and she is already assigned to your Lt. Engineering Station. The only type of officer that can go in that slot is an Engineer, and you only have one.

As you continue to play, you will unlock more bridge officer slots and be able to acquire more officers. Right now though, you can't really do anything outside of dismissing one of your active officers to make room.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ozzymiteozzymite Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Ok thank you.. so the Engineer officer candidates can't go into the ship station, open slot because it doesn't say empty slot on the left side under the names of the crew and ships?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,238 Community Moderator
    ozzymite wrote: »
    Ok thank you.. so the Engineer officer candidates can't go into the ship station, open slot because it doesn't say empty slot on the left side under the names of the crew and ships?

Correct. On the left you have Elisa Flores, Zarva, Kolez, and T'Vrell. If you had room to commission another officer there would be an open position under T'Vrell that would read (No Officer) like in this image:

https://gamepedia.cursecdn.com/sto_gamepedia/b/bf/Training_overview.png?version=c1e17edf246c0e1e3bb548b69e4bf3e6

As you progress, you will earn more BOFF slots until you max out on the free ones. After that you can purchase more from the C-Store if you want more.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ozzymiteozzymite Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Cool thank you.. :)
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    I realize that I am a little late to the party here, but I recommend saving the officers for now and running light on the ship.

You will unlock more BOFF slots soon enough. If you delete Kolaz to make space for that Bajoran engineer that you have in reserve, you may end up finding yourself in need of another tactical officer on another ship before too long.