test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Let's Hypothesize about the DSC Constitution!

124»

Comments

• centurian821centurian821 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Additional question for you all: What do you think it's formal name will be?
    The KT Constitution is the "Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser", the T6 TOS Constitution is the "Temporal Light Cruiser", and the T1 Constitution is the "Light Cruiser (TOS)". All the other Constition variants are called "Cruiser" save for the Exeter which is called "Cruiser Refit". So what should this be called?

I know it's unimaginative, but I'm thinking simply "Constitution-Class Heavy Cruiser" for tradition's sake. However, the name should probably applicable to the D7 as well sooooo I'm at a bit of a loss now.
    Post edited by centurian821 on
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Heavy Cruiser is actually already a ship class, it's the Tier 3 CLass of ships. Of course, that includes both the Heavy Cruiser (Stargazer variants) and the Advanced Heavy Cruiser (Excelsior).

And of course, the existing Tier 6 Connie is called a "Light Cruiser", so... I guess we'll see it when we see it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
    I meant for "Constitution-Class Heavy Cruiser" to be it's full name not just Heavy Cruiser.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    The KT Constitution is the "Kelvin Timeline Heavy Command Cruiser", the T6 TOS Constitution is the "Temporal Light Cruiser", and the T1 Constitution is the "Light Cruiser (TOS)". All the other Constition variants are called "Cruiser" save for the Exeter which is called "Cruiser Refit". So what should this be called?

I know it's unimaginative, but I'm thinking simply "Constitution-Class Heavy Cruiser" for tradition's sake. However, the name should probably applicable to the D7 as well sooooo I'm at a bit of a loss now.

"Disco-Constitution (Heavy Cruiser" or "Disco-Connie" for short. ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

Not Disconstitution or Disconnie?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User

Not Disconstitution or Disconnie?

Steroiditution?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Hopefully: yes. Probably: no.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2019-03-22-at-8.04.41-PM.png

If it's not kitbashable, then I'd be happy with these as an option. Actually I want these as an option anyway. I just think it makes the whole design look just that much closer to the original to be acceptable for me.
  • reafisreafis Member Posts: 147 Arc User
    Am I the only one to look at the DSC D7 and Discovery side by side and think that out of respect for the crossfield, the Klingons designed the D7?. Its a heck of a retcon but if you remove the saucer its very D7 like.

Also I wonder if they may use the DSC Connie as an option to boost CBS Access subscriptions prior to ST Picard and to boost subscriptions.

• tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
    As in... Sign up for CBS All Access and get a promo code?
This discussion has been closed.