test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] The Phoenix Prize Pack Returns!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Phoenix Prize Pack is returning to PC this week, with all new prizes like the I.S.S. Stadi Admiralty Card, the Bajoran Interceptor, and the Breen Plesh Tral Heavy Raider!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11151973

Comments

• finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Yay for Stadi!
  • kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    The most important ones that I have WAITED YEARS TO BE AVALIABLE AGAIN for my other characters, as my Main was only one with them:
    Uncommon:
    Starship Emote Pack: "Thumbs Up" and "Thumbs Down".
    Starship Emote Pack: "Smile" and "Sad".
    Starship Emote Pack: "Rock," "Paper" and "Scissors”.
    Starship Emote Pack: "Live Long and Prosper".
    Literally the only way to get them originally was one year in turning in unused Anniversary token/picture/whatever they were. And you all stopped doing that, and had said you were going to move them to some other way to acquire, but I didn't expect this long.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    Sompek Pulsewave was a very nice addition.. thank you.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    Sompek Pulsewave was a very nice addition.. thank you.

Seconded
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Stadi.
    'Nuff said.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • randywatsonesq#9810 randywatsonesq Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Any word on when ya console plebes will get another one of these? We didn’t get one after the last PC event and I’m all out of upgrades. LLAP
  • rademacherle#7986 rademacherle Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    the phoenix boxes are unattractive for me.

1. all items are only charakter unlocks and not account wide unlocks, despite the original method for the items was account wide unlock for every char!
    2. most items are not really necessary to have and stats wise not really outstanding and are not needed to complete the endgame.
    3. in my opinion the whole event isn't even working well as a dil sink. it has lost it's "magic" over time. it needs a change.

make the items account wide unlocks and as a compensation slightly increase the dil cost for the pp packs.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    If you don't like the boxes open only the daily ones and let others gamble while you convert dil to zen.

About point 1 I've noticed that the rinky carrier has been added which is a bleak sign for console players who never got a chance to earn the unlock, something that could have been done by allowing a double dip during last summers event using the systems already in game. I say bleak because the lukari ship was also put into phoenix first and then given out as a per character freebie later on so the precedence is there for the same thing happening again.
  • redwatchmanredwatchman Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    Why didn't the Bajoran Interceptor come with the Bajorian warp core the way that the Lukari ship comes with the Braeden warp core?
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I claimed all the starship emotes but when I went to zone space I couldn't find any way to use them, they didn't appear to be in the emotes list.
  • dexterbateman416dexterbateman416 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I claimed all the starship emotes but when I went to zone space I couldn't find any way to use them, they didn't appear to be in the emotes list.

you have to put them in the taskbar tray
    I don't take sides, I work angles. More choices that way.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    So, how long until we get the TR-116-A in it?
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
    Or the Photonic Science BOFF?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Not likely to ever see the 116-A as originally released because of its abilities. Making some of those initial release special items Upgradable would be teriffic, though.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Not likely to ever see the 116-A as originally released because of its abilities. Making some of those initial release special items Upgradable would be teriffic, though.

No thanks. If they don't want something to be overpowered, they change the item, I'm super sick of exclusivity in this game.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Stadi.
    'Nuff said.

That's what I've been savin' my Phoenix Prize Packs for. :smiley:
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My Discovery Character picked up the Stadi, Sompek Pulsewave, and the Voth Console.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Items in the phoenix prize boxes that came out originally in events as account unlocks would be higher on my list of things to get if they were still account unlocks even thou there in the boxes, because they are not, nothing except the upgrades interest me enough to want them.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    So, I see the Phoenix event ended early. According to the launcher, it was supposed to run until May 10th when it would end at 10am PT. Looking at my calendar, today is May 9th and the event has ended.

I get it, mistakes happen, miscommunication or whatever. Not all players visit the forums or are on social media so at times, the only way they see what is going on is when they see it on the launcher. As far as I'm aware, EVERY (PC) player sees the launcher, so the news and announcements on it should be the most accurate. Granted, not every player may pay much attention to the news on the launcher, but it's still there regardless. As such, the news/announcements there need to be as accurate as possible to avoid confusion.

I'm not asking that the event be turned back on. I wouldn't say no to it, but that's not why I'm writing this. I simply want there to be more accuracy in reporting game events, announcements and news. Proofread things before posting them. Get a second set of eyes to look it over as well. Nothing makes a business look bad quite like when an "official" announcement contains mistakes or is just plain wrong.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,245 Community Moderator
    Read the blog. It ended today, May 9. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.