test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I want the mission tree back the way it used to be. This NEW system SUCKS!!!

For something that was supposed to be an "improvement," this new mission system totally sucks the big one. It has me actually thinking about leaving STO and never coming back. AND FYI, I have a lifetime account. So, PLEASE put the missions back the way they were. I know I am not the only one who HATES this new system.

Thank you.

Comments

• giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Ya I dont understand why they did that. They said it was to streamline the story, but there are so many important plot points in the arcs they made optional. How is meeting the Preservers not important? Or freeing the female Founder?
    I know, right? And they took some mission parts out completely. For instance the Doomsday device where you run around the interior of the Klingon B'rel, fixing things. Did it get a little monotonous? Sure. But that doesn't mean I wanted it to go away.

And with Spectres and Wasteland being outside the timeline, things happen OUT OF SEQUENCE. It's not right. Especially when you 're trying to do a written fictional storyline based on your character's advance through the system. Now, it's all screwed up.
    gilion wrote: »
    Ya I dont understand why they did that. They said it was to streamline the story, but there are so many important plot points in the arcs they made optional. How is meeting the Preservers not important? Or freeing the female Founder?

• rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I agree, the new story line leaves way too many unanswered questions for die hard Star Trek fans. (among them, I am not)
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    I'de have to agree, it's pretty bad. I've been away from STO for awhile but on coming back and rolling a new toon I'm finding it difficult to play the game in it's current mission order with many of the unique items and 2 early space sets essentially removed from the game since the missions are inaccessible unless you've played them before. How is following story progression supposed to work if the Breen and Jem Hadar sets are inaccessible and you have to go thru the Borg arc on vendor trash before getting the 1ST FREE ship set in the Solenai arc at LvL 50 ?

Is STO now configured to force the new player to either grind the crafting tree so he can build an Aegis set to progress thru the storyline, or grind patrols until he makes enough EC's to buy something off the exchange and/or levels up on skill points to get into the rep tree's ? I'm wondering why I came back.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Amen. It's dumb and a prime example of change for the sake of change. aka: someone generating work to justify their job. It is not REMOTELY an improvement.
  • tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    IIRC the reason it was done was to push the newer Episodes content to be accessible earlier. I agree this does throw off plot. When the announced that they were going to this new flow I posted a thread of how they could do this without just removing the missions, still keeping the original flow intact but making the missions they wanted removed from the main still shown in the order it should be played in.

See Official Feedback Thread for Streamlining the Mission Journal
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1243359/official-feedback-thread-for-streamlining-the-mission-journal/p1

• sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Amen. This totally TRIBBLE up progression of the natural storyline. Never mind how many chains it broke. Change for changes sake is TRIBBLE change.